Search results

1. bennerc

What boardgames have you played recently?

I am nine turns into an old (1983) GDW game called 8th Army: Operation Crusader, the Winter Battles of Tobruk, 1941. The mechanics are fairly straightforward, but it's played double blind, which is really cool.
  2. bennerc

I'm currently playing the full three-day scenario from Thunder at the Crossroads (Gettysburg). It's my first foray into the Gamer's Civil War brigade sceries. Before starting I thought I would be bored and only dream about playing ASL. Well, I'm not bored at all and I'm really enjoying the...
  3. bennerc

On Wednesday night I was engaged in a four-player, 30 turn game of SPI's Operation Typoon when, on turn 10, the light fixture on the ceiling detached and landed directly on Tula scattering chunks of broken glass and counters all over the room. :mad: Fortunately, no one was hurt.
  4. bennerc

The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

No, it's everything else in your life that makes you gay.
  5. bennerc

The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

I am sure you're right. Only two-loss SEC teams can stay in the top 10 . . . or go to the National Championship. :devious:
  6. bennerc

I second the recommendation for Alhambra; its interesting, fun and has good components.
  7. bennerc

Kreta - Hill 107 (OM-3)

I played the German Fallshirmjaegers in Hill 107 (OM-3) from Heat of Battle’s Kreta: Operation Merkur. The Germans enter the battle in 12 gliders and must attack a large hill in the center of the map. To gain the victory, the German must capture 18 level three hill hexes, one of which must be...
  8. bennerc

What did you watch this weekend?

Gettysburg. I'm not a Jeff Daniels fan, but Chamberlain's bayonet charge down Little Round Top was cool. Also watched the 1951 version of Red Badge of Courage staring Audie Murphy. :flag::flag::flag:
  9. bennerc

Paths of Glory Fire & Axe