Search results

1. Faded 8-1

ASL ROAR

Nobody has to call for antiquated sites to be shut down. It just happens. Some never shut down - they just fade into irrelevance for most people. Some people still listen to their collection of 8-track tapes. Ah well, you can lead the horse to water...
  2. Faded 8-1

Playtesters for a couple SASL missions

Could use playtesters for Missions for the new edition. I'm trying to whip my submissions into shape. First Mission is Fighting Withdrawal. Playtesting can be any one or more of the following things. Of course I'll take any help you want to offer. 1. Generation Tests - Just generate...
  3. Faded 8-1

ASL ROAR

Larry, you picked out a single scenario to make your point. You are cherry-picking data to make your point, and you can always make a good case, even for bullshit, as any lawyer can. I'm not a lawyer. Perhaps in the scenario you present, you make a good case. I haven't played that scenario...
  4. Faded 8-1

ASL ROAR

I'd say it has better information and significantly more information. A lot more. Including the ROAR data. Do you guys still access ROAR through NetScape Navigator from your dial-up AOL account, then hype it on your MySpace page? :p
  5. Faded 8-1

Contacting Mark Hatfield

What's up?
  6. Faded 8-1

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Nice! Never done that I don't think. Does that scenario have a Cave Complex, or just Caves? My buddy and I started a Cave Complex scenario but I don't think we finished it. Don't have a lot of experience with Caves or Cave Complexes. I only know they are tough sonsovbitiches to take out.
  7. Faded 8-1

What is up with ROAR?

Well, it's the first result on Google when searching Scenario Archive. Took like 3 seconds. :)
  8. Faded 8-1

What is up with ROAR?

Still don't get why you don't just use Scenario Archive. Seems to me that it accomplishes exactly what you are asking for. What does ROAR do that SA doesn't? I must be missing something.
  9. Faded 8-1

What is up with ROAR?

Discord is approaching 200 million users. The suggestion that it is all going to evaporate overnight is a bit far-fetched. Discord isn't going anywhere any time soon. I'd wager that ASL will die before Discord does.
  10. Faded 8-1

What is up with ROAR?

Isn't that precisely what we have now in The Scenario Archive? Why the hell would someone take on a project just to remake something that already exists? Why not just use the Scenario Archive? It already shows the ROAR info on it for each scenario anyway.
  11. Faded 8-1

"Site Not Secure"

I doubt that the spammers have anything against board games, as they are bots. Of course it's about money - they are trying to sell their crappy gummies and CBDs. The sites they direct you to may or may not have malware as well. None of which has anything at all to do with the warnings people...
  12. Faded 8-1

Games You Are Playing not named Advanced Squad Leader

It's a big hobby! The last couple decades especially have seen a huge amount of wargamey (and non-wargamey) goodness get published. I'm guessing most of us play some other games too. So what else has been on your table recently? Solo or with friends? Wargame, Euro, Ameritrash, D&D, Classic...
  13. Faded 8-1

Music: what are you Listening to now?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. Faded 8-1

My ASL Dice

I really like those ELR and SAN dice, as well as the Phase die. Why a d4 for the ELR dice? I'd have thought a d6, with ELR going from 0 to 5.
  15. Faded 8-1

Testing some MMP dice

Huh. It's almost like skill at the game is the deciding factor, and not which dice are used. Who woulda thunk it?
  16. Faded 8-1

The PIAT: History's Worst Ever Rocket Launcher?

If we had more men like them, we'd have less men like them.
  17. Faded 8-1

Testing some MMP dice

Well, that may have been tongue-in-cheek, but I agree with every point you made in it.
  18. Faded 8-1

Bocage Gap

I don't understand what's wrong with it. Isn't all hedge on the map treated as bocage? What needs fixed about it? There is no special bocage artwork - it's just hedge artwork.
  19. Faded 8-1

Can anyone recommend this book (Or not)?

When I upgraded to a new ipad, I still had all my digital books and audiobooks on those accounts. Just have to download them from the cloud.