Search results

1. A Lost Canadian

FT230 Italian Behemonth: Turn 1 to 2.5

Thanks for pointing this out; alas! But A.2 was in effect so we kept playing on. Played turns T3 to T5 before the Italian called it. One of his tankettes malf'd their gun again, my MTR got a few good rate runs leaving him with 2 good order squads. In return he had killed a half squad and...
  2. A Lost Canadian

FT230 Italian Behemonth: Turn 1 to 2.5

Andy and I started our latest fight in the dusts West of El Sod, Abyssinia. Elements of 21st Divisione Coloniale have been sent out to push Elements of C Company, 2nd Field Force Battalian, 2nd South African Infantry Bridade Group off the hill they had set up on to defend the rear of their...
  3. A Lost Canadian

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

At Ottawa ASL's Stalingradfest I played 9 turns on the south end (row 13ish) of RO's Men of Steel, which we were playing in conjuction with RB's Last Bid. 4 players a side. Highly recommend; a lot of fun to get it all set up. My German's attacks went extremely poorly however haha. I decided to...
  4. A Lost Canadian

Meet up in Toronto

That would be great.
  5. A Lost Canadian

Meet up in Toronto

Hi I'm organizing an ASL Meet-up in Toronto; PM me if you are intersted in coming and I can add you to the email list. Cheers
  6. A Lost Canadian

Overlay FT07 in VASL

I just ran into this problem! Is the issue with the overlay itself or the hex location? I don't have the physical overlay so I am not sure how it should look in real life.
  7. A Lost Canadian

ROAR seems down as of 17. April 11:50h CET

Down now when I just tried to log a playing; 10:30 est.
  8. A Lost Canadian

Been playing a lot of scenarios recently. Lost BFP101 Panzer Spirit as the Russians. This is a fun, if insane, fight. I attacked on the right but not aggressively enough, giving the Germans time to pick apart my tanks. by turn 5 I had take most of the houses on the right but at such great...
  9. A Lost Canadian

Oh sorry missed this; I think I messaged you in a different PM thread. My name is James and the...

Oh sorry missed this; I think I messaged you in a different PM thread. My name is James and the email is jamie.rimmer@gmail.com
  10. A Lost Canadian

Can a Shocked Tank control a location?

Meat of the issue is in the title. Situation is WO12 Heart of Wilderness. Russians (me) need to control the bridge location to win. Russians rush a tank onto the bridge in the last movement phase of the game. There is wild defensive fire and when the dust settles the tank is shocked (opponent...
  11. A Lost Canadian

Canadian Advanced Squad Leader Open XXIII

The pre-tourny social meeting point has been found.: Thursday, May 16, starting at 7:00 pm; Skittles and beer at the High Fives Sports Pub (part of the Best Western Hotel where the tournament will be held). Come on out and banter before the battles!
  12. A Lost Canadian

Scenario list is out! https://canadianasl.org/scenarios/
  13. A Lost Canadian

Haha, we will be getting a different scotch sponsor. Though the local lightening we had before was enjoyed by some.
  14. A Lost Canadian

Registration is now open!!!!!!!!!!!!! Follow the link: https://canadianasl.org/how-to-register/
  15. A Lost Canadian

It is with great pleasure I announce that Ottawa, Ontario, Canada will be hosting CASLO XXII! It'll be May 17th to 19th! Come enjoy a fun weekend of scenarios at Canada's Premier ASL tournament. Ottawa, the nation's capital, has lots for the history buff, with the world class Museum of History...
  16. A Lost Canadian

Played ASL 63 The Eastern Gate. It’s a fun, wild scenario. It’s almost two scenarios in one. 2 columns of Gurkhas are rush on board to get to a hill on board 36 (overlay 2) while 3 columns of Japanese try to stop and send them. VC are the Japanese need >12 CVP, with that amount increasing by 2...
  17. A Lost Canadian

ASL Musings

You can say that again; particularly in any scenario over 5 turns/with big OB. I'm normally quick to call a scenario but recently I've been playing a set of longer scenarios recently with players who like to play all the way to the last roll even the result is certain. Its opened my eyes to how...
  18. A Lost Canadian

Finished ASL 82 For Honour Alone (and with it all of Croix de Guerre) this week. Lost it but had a blast. Fascinating scenario from a couple levels. Huge scenario but with pretty simple VC. More shooting and less movement. A nice challenge. I was the attacking Germans. My plan was to attack...
  19. A Lost Canadian

Scenarios that have changed over time

Questions for the thread 1) Do all scenarios have an optimal solution? A perfect attack or defense that will always generate a win? If so, is that good? Should they? If so, is (or should be) discovering such an optimal solution a product of experience - ie 'good' players - or luck? 2) What...