Search results

1. K

Stone´s War

March 1942. Captain Martin Stone (Andrew Tiernan - 300, The Pianist) leads an American unit on a mission to destroy an enemy bunker; joining forces with an elite platoon of Finnish soldiers; Cpt. Niemi (Jouko Ahola - Kingdom of Heaven) and Ltnt. Laasko (Mikko Leppilampi). The troops are torn...
  2. K

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Re: The Obligatory What Are You Listening To thread Bruce Haack : "Electric Lucifer" -71
  3. K

500 Greatest Rock Songs

Hehe, what´s that bad with The Who? I don´t like it much either, but they sure did play LOUD. There are a lot more ´heavy´ elements in their music than in 99% of the other bands on the list. This is more about rock classics. Black Sabbath shouldn´t even be on this list but of course they had to...
  4. K

Wirbelwind/Ostwind Combo

They are, but you got lucky too. Wirbelwind is also deadly against infantry. I like to keep my SPAA in the same hex with a tank. When a plane targets a vehicle in that hex, it tries to destroy the AA before tank AND the AA gets more shots.
  5. K

Soviet/Russian military movies

Any movies from the finnish front? The Unknown Soldier(1955) was banned in Russia until couple of years ago.
  6. K

Bug?

I´ve been thinking... Has anyone noticed, how easy it is to change "on-board" artillery missions? If you have used the mortar etc. before in a battle, you can get 0.1 timing in a same turn. No 2 hex radius shifting is needed. You only need to call the mission with the unit itself. Just click...
  7. K

Best & Worst Second World War Movies ever made?

Best: The Unknown Soldier Stalingrad The Winter War Apocalypse Now Band of Brothers Worst: Anything on the WWII Stories -box by Brentwood home video :kotz:
  8. K

best ever Finnish war movie now available to acg folks!!!

Yeah, the first day of drinking. After a week there´s nothing. No joy no sorrow, just black darkness.
  9. K

best ever Finnish war movie now available to acg folks!!!

Tuntematon sotilas beats Rukajarventie not by points it´s a KO in furst round. Even tho made in 1955, it´s very professional. The language in TS is impossible to translate, and I think a lot of it´s glamour is lost with it if you don´t speak finnish. It´s hard to explain. It´s legendary it has...
  10. K

reinforcements in spwaw

Yes thats the sentence I didn´t understand somehow but it´s clear now. Thanks guys. So calling them means you better use them effectively. Though it´s often too late to call them when things are bad already. And if called before things go bad you better annihilate your enemy totally.
  11. K

reinforcements in spwaw

Doesn´t anyone really have no idea about this? I know it is usually agreed upon beforehand whether they are called or not, but please, anyone can reply. I´d really like to know.
  12. K

reinforcements in spwaw

I´m not sure how the victorypoints are calculated. How much points does my opponent get if I call in reinforcements and he doesn´t? What if I don´t use the whole reinforcement-pool but only 25% or 50% ?
  13. K

OOB resources

What if that target unit spots your unit before the sixth hex and starts shooting? Will it shoot over 6 hexes?
  14. K

Worst War Movie Ending

Funny. I think that´s when the movie really starts.
  15. K

ROUND 4 - SPWAW Tournament

So...how is the tournament going? How about the next one? I am most anxious, and so is my new avatar.
  16. K

the best FPS

Has anyone played tank simulations? Is there any good ones? Something was recently published but I can´t remember the name.
  17. K

exploding bicycles and the third eye

I have 8.1, I didn´t know 8.2 was out.
  18. K

exploding bicycles and the third eye

Two things in SPWAW makes me :hmmm: Finnish Jaeger infantry. When they are hit, they almost always take casualties normally; but sometimes they are hit like tanks are. I hear the "klink", "klonk" or explosion, and the unit is wiped out. Huh? Do their bicycles explode, or are they just so...
  19. K

Anybody Tried Call of Duty?

Perfect probably. With all the sweets on.
  20. K

What is your favourite sport?

Football world cup is the only sport I´m least bit interested. It´s once in 4 years, so there´s a certain dignity in it. Finland is never going to get there, but so what.