Search results

1. rdw5150

Smith's Ridge Blaze Refit question

Hello! Burnie and I are currently playing the Smith's Ridge CG (great fun, amazing map). Boy it captures the American firepower (OBA and AIR) and quality of troops versus the masses. Anyway, We have a question on the refit phase. I do not have my rules in front of me, so please excuse the...
  2. rdw5150

Reccomended Reading: Smith's Ridge CG

Hello! Is there any recommended reading for the Smith's Ridge CG from Fight for Seoul? I like to really nerd out when I am going to play a CG. Thanks! Peace Roger
  3. rdw5150

Prokhorovka VASL maps?

Hello! Please excuse if this has been asked (I hate being "that guy" but the search did not reveal anything)........ I see there is one VASL map on the Advancing Fire. Any plans for the rest? Thanks! Peace Roger
  4. rdw5150

New VASSAL/VASL install

Hi! First time in a long time doing a new install. I tried copying my old boards folder to new computer. No luck. So I am not trying to just get boards to load. This is what I get when creating a new scenario using a map. This is the error I get. - Board 09 is missing. Downloading... -...
  5. rdw5150

Is this cheating

If one does not call our Crew Survival (whether or not CVP are in play) when you know there is a possible crew survival.......... Is this cheating? Do not want to start a flame war...... but to me, not calling out game rules like CS and SAN is cheating........... But maybe I am being too...
  6. rdw5150

BFP BFPv5.00.vmdx download?

Hi Stupid question......... Where can I find the BFPv5.00.vmdx extension? I do not see it on the web page. Thanks! Roger
  7. rdw5150

Sam Belcher has passed away

I just saw on Facebook that Sam Belcher has passed away. This is very sad, he was a true ambassador for the game and a great human being. I will miss seeing him at this occasional ASLOK visit. Rest in Peace Sam. Peace Roger
  8. rdw5150

OtO29 and OtO30

Hello! My buddy and I have been on an OtO kick lately and after finishing a game were looking for something new to play. We can across OtO29 Cat's Lair and OtO30 Big Cat's Lair. They are essentially the same scenario. Slightly different OB and map 70 instead of 46. We were sort of wondering...
  9. rdw5150

CH/KIA breaking other units in the hex

Hello! A location with a leader and squad suffers a CH roll. RS find that the leader eats the CH. The leader is KIA'd. Is the squad automatically broken because of this KIA (then suffers its result from the attack) or does it just suffer the result of the non CH attack on it (along with any...
  10. rdw5150

THH remaining HIP

Hi! Getting ready to play a PTO scenario. Been a while since I played PTO with THH HIP. Are THH eliminated when an enemy unit ends its MPH in a location with a THH (does the enemy unit have to be known)? I think they are, they do not place a CC counter, correct? I just have trouble...
  11. rdw5150

HIP unit in HIP PB reveal question

Hello! If I have a HIP unit in a HIP PB (PTO) and I need to "use" the TEM of the PB to make an attack NE, are the Unit and PB revealed? Thanks! Roger
  12. rdw5150

Infiltration question

SIGH I can never keep this straight. Its the Japanese player turn. There is a melee, which not turns to HtH. Japanese rolls a 6, which becomes a 5. Chinese player rolls snakes. Leader creation and infiltration. However the Japanese player had already been attacked and rolled a 5. So...
  13. rdw5150

Bocage LOS and concealment gain

Hello! B9.55 talks about if stack claims Bocage TEM to an unit, it is considered out of LOS and in concealment terrain for concealment gain. What is there are no units in LOS at all to the claiming unit? Since they are not claiming TEM to an enemy unit from what I read they cannot fulfill the...
  14. rdw5150

SASL, Is it fun?

Hello! Been thinking to delving into SASL. My question is: is it fun? Or is it more or some sort of academic exercise? I am OK with chaos, I sort of like it. I just want to have some fun playing a solo tactical game. In a way it would help with refreshing rules knowledge, though I realize...
  15. rdw5150

BRT CGs

Hello! My friend Burnie and I are having our annual "should we play the BRT CG?" conversation. It seems like it would be epic. But it also seems like a huge commitment in terms of ASL time. What I am wondering is why (besides its size) makes it epic? Also, clearly CGIII starts with a huge...
  16. rdw5150

Bloody Red Beach VASL map

Hi! Anyone have a Bloody Red Beach VASL map? I am not very good at setting up complicated VASL maps? Thanks! Roger
  17. rdw5150

Reaction fire and SN

Hello! Can a AFV with a SN that survived a reaction fighting (street fighting if it matters) attack in its movement phase, make a SN usage roll to attack the reaction firers back? Thanks! Roger
  18. rdw5150

PBEM game?

Hi! Looking for a PBEM game. 3-4 logs a week, if daily logs is what you are looking for, I am not your guy. Open to pretty much anything besides Night. Larger scenarios OK by me. Got something you want to play? PM me some scenarios. Peace Roger
  19. rdw5150

Rooftop of a two story house

Hello! Can a unit on a rooftop of a two story house see over a level one obstacle see over a level one obstacle? I think so since a two story house is a level 1.5 obstacle. Thanks! Roger
  20. rdw5150

Good Narrative book on Japanese/Chinese war?

Hi! What can you recommend for a good good on Japan/Chinese war that is more narrative than a historical study? Just want to read some cool stuff on this theater of the war. Thanks! Peace Roger