Search results

1. Augie

Best Stores in Europe to get ASL?

Who are the best stores in Europe to ASL modules, gear, etc.?
  2. Augie

Escaped POW - can it created a leader?

You definitely checked off a bucket list item
  3. Augie

Peugeot 202 - No Wreck

Using all the rules are only for completists! (Thanks for pointing that out)
  4. Augie

Peugeot 202 - No Wreck

Peugeot 202 and 202aa do not have a Wreck side. Per the Chapter H, it should have a Wreck side
  5. Augie

Hungarian Vehicle Note 7. 38M Toldi I and Hungarian Vehicle Note 14. 39M Csaba 20L MA

I was going from memory after my recent reading of "Magyar Warriors, Volume 1" that there was some mounting difference. But my memory is not perfect, and so I tried find the obscure data. BTW, that book spends a whole chapter on the procurement, design, prototyping, build locations for various...
  6. Augie

Hungarian Vehicle Note 7. 38M Toldi I and Hungarian Vehicle Note 14. 39M Csaba 20L MA

From my readings, these are 20mm cannons, and they were differences for the Toldi and the Csaba. Like all other 20mm cannons (ordnance or on AFVs), they don't have range limitations like a SW ATR (20mm or otherwise). Mounting and optics are acceptable reasons (from my personal point of view)...
  7. Augie

Forgotten War Q & A.

The counter itself has 12-5 (meaning 12 FP equivalency, 5 range). Even though table C8.31 does not reflect anything for BAZ50, the counter is clear. I agree that C8.31 was not retroactively updated to reflect the new BAZ50. If it is something that is irksome or not clear enough, send a Perry...
  8. Augie

DZ:SME: Cows and Buildings

I posted in Perry sez my question and his answer. My synopsis is that he confirms it is hex, but made an exception for bridges.
  9. Augie

DZ:SME: Cows, Buildings, and Bridges

** My question and response from Perry ** The hex [EXC: on a bridge]. No. Yes. …..Perry MMP
  10. Augie

Thanks for everyone's replies. I posted a question to Perry, including about a bridge. See response in the Perry says
  11. Augie

In Drop Zone: Sainte-Mere-Eglise, the SM3.1 for cows says the following: "A MMC possessing a Cow may not Search, Climb, attempt to entrench, push a Gun, enter a sewer or a tunnel, enter a marsh, gully, stream, building, rubble hex, or enter a hex containing a SMOKE/Flame/Wire counter. " My...
  12. Augie

Have designers given up on portraying the Russians in WW-II?

It does offend my ASL sensibilities to see Squad-Leader ratios and ELR that don't roughly follow Chapter H and the National Capabilities chart. Note that per Ch. H it takes 3 conscript squads to equate to 2 1st line squads, and 3 Elite squads equal 4 first line squads. So, just looking at the...
  13. Augie

Rally Point Volume 20 Will be Released at ASLOK 10/4/23

This, and Rally Point has 10 scenarios vs Schwerpunkt having 12
  14. Augie

ASL ROAR

With ASL, learn something new every day. Nice feature and good to know
  15. Augie

ASL ROAR

My biggest complaint for ASA is that if I report a playing, then my opponent can't add his 'scenario rating' and 'comments' to my reported playing. In ROAR, my opponent can at least add his rating to the scenario played. This can be problematic if I think the scenario is great, but my opponent...
  16. Augie

Forgotten War Q & A.

A19.13 Replacement applies. There is nothing that says A19.13 is suspended nor ignored for KATUSA, nor do KATUSA have underlined morale. Therefore, the KATUSA 4-4-6 2nd line is replaced by a KATUSA 3-3-6 conscript if it fails ELR. Conversely, an early KW KATUSA conscript that battle hardens...
  17. Augie

Spreading Blaze 2023 - August 4th thru 6th

Congrats Zach !!
  18. Augie

New ASL Journal announces Twilight of the Reich

I would like to add that Rally Point 19 is PTO (Japanese) scenarios designed to be played as full ASL or ASLSK. Due to the nod for ASLSK play, the scenarios are light on the PTO rules. They would be easier to play than some typical ASL PTO/Japanese scenarios. However, because they are...
  19. Augie

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

fyi, l did put this in ROAR, a great tool for the ASL community
  20. Augie

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Just finished playing the free HazMo 31 "The Cloak of Disorder" with Bruce Stevenson for our VASLeague game. I was pensive, because most free scenarios tend to be unplaytested and therefore the balance is sketchy. That was not the case for this one. It was a fun game w/ a lot happening, with...