Search results

1. S

1916 Campaign - Kaiserliche Marine

WAR DIARY ADMIRAL SCHEER, 1916 REDEPLOYMENTS AND STRATEGY Upon taking up my new command I made a complete review of all forces assigned to the North Sea theatre of operations. Decided that the weak torpedoboats of the Flanders Flotilla will be withdrawn immediately and replaced by more...
  2. S

1916 Campaign - Royal Navy

THEIR LORDSHIPS WAR DIARY 1916 ========================= JANUARY REDEPLOYMENTS AND STRATEGY It is agreed that patrols of submarines shall operate principally in the western and northern exits of the German Bight to observe and intercept German naval movements. Local defence...
  3. S

Fall of Port Arthur, breakout of Russian Squadron

I'm just constantly amazed how exciting this game is. In my current Japanese campaign I blasted the Russian cruiser and destroyer forces off the oceans by 26th March leaving the 6 Russian BBs, 1CA, 1PC, 9DDs and the minelayer/gunboat units trapped in Port Arthur. I then settled down to a very...
  4. S

Midnight Madness

Well, maybe not actually midnight, but close enough. This was the night after the campaign start. My PA raiding Jap DDs were on their way home to Assan and I sent Togo and the Big Boys past PA just to see if anyone was awake. I took the 20 knot CAs Adzuma and Yakumo out of 2nd division with the...
  5. S

Terrible Night Action Off Hakodate

I just played the most amazing and terrifying game in DG yet. I had sent the Vladivostok Squadron of 4 cruisers and 8 torpedo boats to prey on shipping off Japan’s southern coastline. For several days they successfully caught numerous neutral ships (I think the tally was something like 8 in 6...
  6. S

Those stupid Japanese TB flotillas...

My Vladivostok squadron (3 cruisers and 10 TBs - the Bogatyr was detached doing high speed Bogatyr-y things on her own) was steaming down toward Tsushima strait off Fusan when an action started. I could see a mass of red triangles way down in the strait about 15000 yds ahead and assuming it was...