Search results

1. P

Text not appearing

No, that's just where I was when I took the screen shot. It's in-game and out of game.
  2. P

Text not appearing

Ok, so no go on the reinstall. Still have the issue. If I go to preferences and toggle "Use Images for Dice Rolls" it appears to fix it. No idea why my opponent is having no issues and I am. ETA: My opponent had that toggle checked. When he turns it off, he has the same problem. >.<
  3. P

Text not appearing

I am having the same issue. Can't see my own text nor my opponents. On VASL 6.6.6, VASSAL 3.6.17. Unloaded all extensions so that's not it. I upgraded my VASL and VASSAL a week or two ago. My opponent did it tonight. I have an issue, he doesn't. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it all.
  4. P

Snipers and concealed units - what if ineligible target?

But at the time of hex selection, the ineligibility is not known to the Sniper player.
  5. P

Snipers and concealed units - what if ineligible target?

Sniper gets a '1' and is activated. The alternate target DR leaves two possible targets: a concealed infantry stack in woods, and a concealed AFV in another, equidistant woods hex. If the Sniper player picks the AFV hex in hopes of the vehicle being CE, and it's BU instead, what happens to...
  6. P

Overrunning sangars and underbelly hits

Yup, we were playing AP160. The first thing I did on my turn was push everything out of the damn sangars. Got all but one AA gun out. Then my opponent spend the rest of the game overrunning the Art, doing a u-turn, and overrunning next turn. My two underbelly attempts failed the TK rolls, but...
  7. P

Overrunning sangars and underbelly hits

So an Italian crew is manning an Art Gun outside of a sangar (F8). A Matilda comes along and overruns the hex. Does the Art Gun get an opportunity for an underbelly hit on the overrunning Matilda, even though it is not in the sangar? (F8.51) Is the sangar still eliminated even though it is...
  8. P

Sangars and overrun -- what if it's not occupied?

F8.41 states, "OVR of a sangar by a full-tracked AFV causes the automatic elimination of the sangar and any Gun in it, provided the AFV was still Mobile (D.7) when its OVR was resolved." What if a tank overruns a sangar hex where the sangar is not occupied at the time. Is the sangar still...
  9. P

Rowhouse black bar question -- blocking LOS parallel to hexside?

How much on an obstacle is the rowhouse black bar on LOS when the LOS crosses along the rowhouse hexside? Can M15h2 see L16? L15 is a 1.5 obstacle, so the LOS should otherwise be clear. But does the bar block LOS when the LOS is above the roof? If M15 is rubbled at ground level, can...
  10. P

Area Target Type Acquisiiton and CMG

C3.33, C6.5 & C6.521 If an AFV is firing with the Area Target Type on a multi-story building occupied by enemy units on several levels, once it gains acquisition on the ATT, can it fire at enemy units on any level using its CMG without losing acquisition? It's not attacking a separate target...
  11. P

Moving within building while encircled from no path outside of building

If one has a unit that is Encircled from having no clear path out of the building due to enemy units blocking the stairwells (A7.72), if the unit moves within the building is each location's MF doubled, or only the first? I always interpreted the rule as referring to the difficulty a unit has...
  12. P

Encirclement in buildings, A7.72

I have a 467 upstairs in a multi-hex, multistory building, when an American 667 jumps into the ground floor of the only staircase hex. Per A7.72, my 467 is Encircled. A7.7 states that "The MF cost of the first Location entered (regardless of phase) by an Encircled unit is doubles (after all...