Search results

1. A

Drop Zone - St Mere Eglise inter scenario question

Hi I have an American halftrack from which the mgs have been removed and it is also abandoned. The mgs, crew and ht are all in the same setup area. The rules seem clear that I can recrew the halftrack before the next date. But can I put the mgs back in as well? Thanks in advance. Martin
  2. A

Snow Drift Counters

Dear All, Does anyone if there are snowdrift counters in vasl and, if so, where I can find them? Cheers Martin
  3. A

Urgent Help needed

Hi Anyone Trying to get a game started on latest version of vasl and VASSal using deluxe maps. They all open as though it is dense jungle and I cannot change it. ETO and PTO looks the same with no gaps for bypass. PTO with light jungle crashes everything. My opponent has the same problem. Any...
  4. A

Deluxe ID in Vasl

I know this must have been asked before but I can't find the answer. How do I identify deluxe boards when setting up a vasl game? Thanks in advance. Martin
  5. A

Arnhem mini-Campaign

Hi All I am looking for the mini-campaign sequence where you play six scenarios including a few from For King and Country. I cannot for the life of me remember where it is. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Martin
  6. A

Precision Dice

Hey I have precision dice but I am sure they are rolling low on average. Where is the best place to buy accurate dice suitable for ASL - ideally in the UK but anywhere really. TIA PS. Selling my old dice for £200 😂
  7. A

SMC jumping into a water obstacle

I can't find the rules reference which allows smc to jump from upper level buildings into water obstacles. Can anyone give me rule reference. TIA Martin
  8. A

Sword and Fire Manilla

Hi Trying to set up a Manilla scenario but can't find the boards on VASL. Do they exist and does anyone know where I can find them? TIA Martin
  9. A

Is this a stairwell

Hi All I believe the circle in P3 is a stairwell meaning this hex has a level one. But the rulebook clearly states a stairwell is a square. Am I right and where is the rule applying to this? Thanks
  10. A

Leader directed fire beyond 16 hexes

Simple question for someone who knows but where are the rules that apply to mg fire beyond 16 hexes? I have been scouring the book and can't find it. Thanks in advance. Martin
  11. A

Riders and vehicle TEM

I feel silly asking this as I should know but I can't find an explicit rule. Do riders benefit from the +1 tem of the vehicle they are riding if it a)moves b) doesn't move? Thanks Martin
  12. A

Beyond Valor v Journals

The final two. Please vote for which of these two MMP ASL products you think is the best. Remember that we know you cannot compare two such different products but imagine you are going to a desert island and you can take only one product. You get the components required to play and, of course...
  13. A

TableTopTalks #4 - PTO and the Japanese

Hi All Finally got this out: a quick guide to the rules for PTO and the Japanese for new and nearly new players. I hope some of you find it helpful. Please put questions in the comments section on youtube as I check that more regularly. Also please do draw attention to my inevitable bloopers in...
  14. A

vehicle bypass and vasl query

How do I check there is room for a vehicle to bypass on vasl? Thanks in advance.
  15. A

Changing vehicular ca without firing

Hi C3.22 allows gun to change ca without firing. Can you use this to turn the entire vehicle? I think so but can't find a specific rule. Thanks
  16. A

Vehicular red B#

Hi What does it mean when the breakdown number for your tanks's main armament is red? Can't find it in the rules. Thanks ia Martin
  17. A

Best Scenarios Of All Time

Hi All Me and Dave (Illuminating Rounds) are thinking of featuring a discussion of the best scenarios of all time. There is a Hall of Fame and some previous threads on here which we will look at but it would be nice to get some totally up to date responses. Can you tell us the scenarios that...
  18. A

Broken riders

I always played that broken riders have to bail out but cannot find the rule. Am I right? and do you have a reference? Thanks Martin
  19. A

When can you set off a set dc

Hi Should be easy for someone who is sure. I have set dc on a bridge. An enemy tank moves over the bridge. Can I attempt to detonate while the enemy is passing over? I suspect not but a little unsure. Thanks Martin
  20. A

Bicycles D.15.8

So bicycles seem fairly straightforward but I am not sure about one thing from reading the rulebook. The infantry on bikes only typically pay a half MF per hex as long as they are on a road. They can use leader and double time bonus. They get an additional MF if they stay on the road throughout...