Search results

1. antony.marsh

Bayonet Charge.

I haven’t got ‘Forgotten War’ where I believe the rules for a Bayonet Charge are written. Is there any way I can access them? Cheers
  2. antony.marsh

TI again

Oops. That does raise the issue of how many times an attacker can fire at it using DFF.
  3. antony.marsh

TI

A concealed squad is in the same woods hex as a known mine and in its MPh declares TI. What are the factors for a 4-4-7 enemy squad that fires at the unit in its DFF? Are -1FFMO/FFNAM relevant? Does the unit lose Concealment? Second Question. If a squad declares a TB to enter a Mine in woods but...
  4. antony.marsh

AFVs in same hex

Tricky one this, read several rules/updates. British PFP. A BMG Carrier wants to fire at the same hex Japanese AFV-type 95 that moved into its hex in the previous turn. Can it? I understand all the hit determinants, just not sure if the shot is legal. To complicate matters in the hex straight...
  5. antony.marsh

Le Franc Tireur No. 12

In the magazine No12 there is a Banzai example that starts on page 42. On page 43, second paragraph the M4A3 Tank DFF its MGs at X4. But then in paragraph three the same tank fires it’s CMG at a Japanese TH Hero. How is that possible? The MGs have fired already at X4. Is this a mistake or have I...
  6. antony.marsh

Rice Paddies

Can an Infantry unit be attacked using a Snap Shot if it moves from IN a paddy hex to IN an adjacent paddy hex? If so would the -2 Hazardous Movement apply as the hexside is a Bank. Cheers
  7. antony.marsh

J171 Whom Gods Destroy

In this scenario where there are three player turns per game turn is the Defender only allowed to DF at the Attacker? Eg it’s the Greek EDAS turn: they PF, move-no attacks- and then it’s the ELAS DF turn. Can they fire at EDAS and German units? Or are they restricted to firing only at EDAS...
  8. antony.marsh

Drop point

With a stick of 5 the drop point is the centre stick and two sticks are placed either side of it. What happens if there are only four sticks? Can the Attacker choose which side to place two sticks as the other side of the centre stick will only have one? Cheers
  9. antony.marsh

G.4 Detection

An American squad has entered a Japanese HIP location in jungle during its MPh and remained there. The Japanese chose to retain its HIP status. In the next Japanese turn can the Japanese pop up in its Prep Fire phase and attack the American squad? If the American squad is concealed is it...
  10. antony.marsh

Human Wave.

In the example on pg. A53 of the rule book would it be a legitimate move in the first impulse for one squad in O1 to move to O2? And the other to choose to move to N2? Cheers.
  11. antony.marsh

Bocage again

In it’s PFph can an eligible gun/AFV with WA fire through a bocage hexside and then drop WA so as to claim in hex TEM, thus avoiding enemy LOS. Problem here is if it’s a building or woods. Does the gun/AFV need any ‘check’? Cheers
  12. antony.marsh

Bocage Gap

In SME can an AFV pass through a Bocage Gap? I suspect it can. I’m just not totally sure as B9.4 mentions roads. Cheers
  13. antony.marsh

AP 132. Night of Nights.

SSR point 5 specifies initial Drop Points. Then instructs a Random Location DR to determine the final Drop Point. Does that mean that 9.2 Drift does not take place? Or does it mean the final Drop Point is now ready for 9.2 Drift. Cheers
  14. antony.marsh

Paratroopers at night

Do Defending units during the MPh lose Concealment when firing at descending paratroopers? They are within the NVR. The paratroopers concerned are in good order in the Cloaking box. Cheers
  15. antony.marsh

Air MG attack

Does a CE tank crew apply the +2TEM when attacked by a FB strafing attack. Cheers
  16. antony.marsh

SFF

A squad with mg fires the mg as DFF, loses ROF and is marked with FF counter. Can the squad during the same phase fire at a different enemy unit that is further than the one that it targeted with the mg? Even if it's beyond its normal range? Cheers
  17. antony.marsh

Gun crew

Can a gun crew whilst manning a gun in AA mode fire its inherent firepower? If so does anything happen to the AA status of the gun? Cheers
  18. antony.marsh

Marsh hex

If there is a Marsh hex surrounded by water obstacle hexes( in the centre of a river) does a boat have to take a Bog check see B16.43 if it enters a hex adjacent to the Marsh hex Cheers
  19. antony.marsh

Operation Neptune-marsh

On the Historical Battle Rules sheet rule ON3 no 1 it states that 'one boat passenger must take a NTC failure of which means the boat's movement ends in the Mudflat' and becomes beached. Does the same apply to a Marsh/river hex as the introduction to rule ON3 suggests? -'Any hex containing...
  20. antony.marsh

Last Question on Boats

Can a boat with squad in its Advance Phase move one MP to a land/water hex, Beach, and then unload (4MPonly) into an enemy occupied land hex thus declaring CC. Seems like a good move. Just not sure whether in its APh it can only beach. If already beached at the start of its APh then yes it can...