Search results

1. EJ1

D9.4 AFV/Wreck LOS Hindrance

I agree about the risks of using house rules; yet Stavka’s rule, message 825 from above, seems so straight forward and reasonable that I’d like to see added to the base rules. At quick pass, it seems adding it would require only one short bullet point to the exceptions in D9.4. Furthermore...
  2. EJ1

A4.132 and B3.4---buildings and road bonus

Hi, all. Two questions about entering buildings/factories using road bonus. A4.132 Ex. 2: “Similarly, Infantry could use the road in 5I10 to enter the building in I9 at a cost of one MF.” B3.4 “Infantry . . . which cross only road hexsides [my emphasis] throughout their MPh are entitled to one...
  3. EJ1

Yes, good one; worthy of being added to the list of exceptions in D9.4. Cheers
  4. EJ1

Ah, thanks. The old “inherent.” Foiled again.
  5. EJ1

Hi, gents. As per the following image, my AFVs a & b are adjacent (the red arrow indicates a is in building 4T3). Come my PFPh, will a's presence in the building cause a +1 Hindrance DRM to b's TH DR against the Russians in 4R5? My read of D9.4 says yes, but the LOS from b to the Russians...
  6. EJ1

Armored Assault question

I agree with Doug and Jim in that the tank may move no farther; yet, my logic or wording to reach the same result might be slightly different. I say, look only at the infantry’s action, what they did or declared. In the D9.31 examples, the Tiger is only able to move farther because of the...
  7. EJ1

VASL6.6.8-beta6.vmod is released

Hi, Steven. I'm confirming results similar to apbills; using VASL 6.6.8-beta8 and VASSAL 3.7.8 on my Windows HP laptop, all my units placed, concealed, and moved about properly. German, British, and N Korean units concealed as expected using right-click, ctrl-c, and dropping a "?" counter from...
  8. EJ1

Board 47 Stream

Long ago, during the Cold War, a friend worked as a satellite photo analyst. He told me that when they looked at satellite photos of various installations in Russia and saw what looked like worn grass between buildings, they thought the facility was probably just a civilian school. In the...
  9. EJ1

Board 47 Stream

For those who find examples to be helpful, here's draft #2. I cleaned it up some, added a couple of rows so as to offer counter-examples, added relevant rules, and resorted it. If you'd like, send me a note suggesting other hexes that you think deserve to be included---the idea isn't to list...
  10. EJ1

Board 47 Stream

Hi, BattleSchool. Interesting that your capture of 47C5 and 47F8 both show stream artwork crossing over into the adjacent hexes. Neither my physical board nor VASL 47(v7.3) show such artwork crossing over. Maybe the ruling on 47C5 and 47F8, by extension, is to respect the original artwork as...
  11. EJ1

Board 47 Stream

For those of us who sometimes want to improve our understanding or quickly refer to an authoritative source so as to speed a game along, maybe something like this will help. Notice that I included two examples each of a headwaters and an island hex; this is to show the idea of referring a reader...
  12. EJ1

Board 47 Stream

Hi Klas, Willing to share a link or similar? Cheers
  13. EJ1

Board 47 Stream

I support a simple Perry-Sez-like table listing the problematic hexes with their designations. A few fields could take care of it. Ex.: row number, revision date, board #, hex, art work description, hex type, a reference to a definitive hex (if one—like astronomers reference prototype stars such...
  14. EJ1

A15.431 Timing of Berserk Unit's Return to Normal

Oh, my new counter idea: Berserk target! When I die, bury me in ASL counters . . . figuratively.
  15. EJ1

Oops. Thanks, right. And your catch, my mistake, might have just settled this question in this case. But, what if the Russian had gone berserk earlier and charged into the enemy unit’s location during its MPh and the balance of this case unfolded in a similar way?
  16. EJ1

To jump in, here's more detail about what happened. It's wild ASL. Late in ASL162, Armored Car Savikurki, and during the DFPh of the Russian player turn, a Russian 426 conscript went berserk. During its upcoming APh, the berserk Russian advanced into woods to CC an adjacent Finnish HS. The...
  17. EJ1

Hi Bill, Thanks for your quick reply. Yep, well, while my berserkers were turning circles and gnashing their teeth, they failed to move two hexes through the nearby woods and block the enemy's successful exit off the board. I kept telling 'em, "Over there!" but they were too incensed to listen...
  18. EJ1

From a previous PS: "A15.431 If the only Known enemy unit has been eliminated by other than the Berserk unit (after it completed its charge), and there was no other enemy unit Known to the Berserk unit since it became Berserk. What does the Berserk unit do? A. Assuming it has reached its...
  19. EJ1

Entering hex with HIP enemy AFV

Hi apbills, I am thinking through the implications of your reply, and I am thinking that should the attacking vehicle be placed back in the last hex with no MP expended, then wouldn’t that be like a zero-MP-cost bump tactic? Furthermore, if the attacker comes in on the defending units flank or...
  20. EJ1

A15.21 Hero created from broken MMC MC

Hi all, Does a broken MMC that only creates a hero during its MC-induced-HOB DR automatically rally, or does it remain broken while a GO hero is created from the still broken MMC? The HOB DR only created a hero; it did not also BH. A15.21 ". . . A MMC which creates a hero is not affected in...