Search results

1. David Goldman

Mark, Are you free yet?

Mark, Are you free yet?
  2. David Goldman

OK. I'm also available Thursday afternoon.

OK. I'm also available Thursday afternoon.
  3. David Goldman

Rocket-Man, My phone # is (312) 504-1599. Call to pick a scenario and sides. I'm available...

Rocket-Man, My phone # is (312) 504-1599. Call to pick a scenario and sides. I'm available tomorrow 12/28/2022 after 2:00 p.m. EST (I'm in the Central Time Zone). David Goldman
  4. David Goldman

2023 eASL OPEN Starts March 20, 2023

In 2023 the eASL OPEN will be seven rounds. Attached is the registration form and the scenario list. Note, Rounds 5, 6 and 7 will have scenarios added before February 15, 2023 from suitable new scenarios. The VASL set ups, Pleva Bidding System and the tournament rules are available on Dropbox...
  5. David Goldman

The Blue Checkmark For Scenario Design

Only in FTX payments!
  6. David Goldman

Jazz, Are you saying I have been a BAD BOY?
  7. David Goldman

In reaction to many comments in many threads over many many years in this forum (and my own unpublished observations and complaints) I make the following outrageous proposal: Henceforth, all newly published scenarios shall contain the following information prominently displayed in 14 point type...
  8. David Goldman

All Quiet on the MMP/ASL Front

What's Love Got To Do With It?
  9. David Goldman

How old is the oldest ASLer who still plays?

Breathe in, breathe out, repeat... Then play ASL. Forget this simple lesson, nothing else matters!
  10. David Goldman

How old is the oldest ASLer who still plays?

I'll be 73 in 2 weeks and Rich Domovic is 73 already.
  11. David Goldman

What Scenario Have You Played The Most?

Battlin' Buckeyes 8X Mayhem In Manila 8X Armored Probe 6X In Front of the Storm 5X Beyond the Pakfronts 5X Operation Kutuzov 5X Parry and Strike 5X
  12. David Goldman

Barrage Question

Thanks to all. I knew I missed something.
  13. David Goldman

Barrage Question

The relevant sections (I believe). E12. BARRAGE 12.1 A Barrage is a type of OBA Fire Mission (C1.7), and is available to a player if he is allowed one or more Pre-Registered hexes.27 A Barrage uses all the normal rules for OBA except as modified below. C1.7 FIRE MISSIONS: A Fire Mission...
  14. David Goldman

What I Did On My Summer Vacation Part 2

USS Wisconsin, Norfolk, Virginia: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mf5y1pe94qu54zn/AADakyxZ0xsMRvrQ4NOsEz-ma?dl=0
  15. David Goldman

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

National Museum Of The United States Army. A fine museum below is a Dropbox Link to photos. Well worth the visit. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3vpcq4kpyu5m5r/AACFgzZVSf8F0FWOd3yCG8vza?dl=0
  16. David Goldman

2023 West Coast Melee is when?

Have the dates for the 2023 WCM been set yet? I'm trying to time a trip to LA so I can swing by and also play some ASL in the Golden State.
  17. David Goldman

Manila questions

A 2.9 does not allow setup of a unit in a location it could not enter. Was it the intent of the designers that the 6 hex island at 4H10 in the Japanese setup area of SF1 Race to the River may not be used by the Japanese?
  18. David Goldman

Maybe it's time for Competitive Tournaments

The OPEN sometimes is said to be the most difficult tournament to repeat as winner. It works because as in any race, the player at the top or one from the back who breaks out of the pack each by consecutive wins, playing in successive rounds against another player with a similar record. It...
  19. David Goldman

Maybe it's time for Competitive Tournaments

The OPEN seeds at the top the order of the previous year's participants who won at least four games. After that it is mostly by ASL Player Ratings, but at my discretion I might move a participant who would other wise potentially be playing a regular opponent in the first or second round. After...