Search results

1. BattleSchool

FT230 Italian Behemonth: Turn 1 to 2.5

Played this an the Italians in the ASLOk Italian Stallion Mini and got slaughtered on Turn 1. Have a look at your board layout. I believe you have board 61 backwards.
  2. BattleSchool

Slovak Skoda M28(80) and French Canon de 75 Antichar mle 97/35

I don't claim to have gotten to the bottom of it, but I can see why the authors of Chapter H would have done what they did with the Skoda M28(80) and M28/M33.
  3. BattleSchool

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps no where is this mismatch illustrated better than in ASL's relationship with the OML 3-in. Mortar.
  4. BattleSchool

Gracias Juan. I found that found today on a Czech site. (I found a similar picture in Chamberlain's book on artillery published in the 70s.) I believe that is a horse-drawn variant. I think Skoda built another 8cm kanon vz 28 with rubber tires, not unlike the vz 30 below, which was produced and...
  5. BattleSchool

Thanks Tom. Saw that. Looking for the Skoda M28 with a firing table similar to the one found on a OQF 25-Pounder.
  6. BattleSchool

Merci beaucoup monsieur! Ça marche.
  7. BattleSchool

Hi Thierry, Thanks for the lead. Sadly I don't have that particular book on the soixantequinze. (There's a gap in my NVG collection!) I will purchase it. Thanks too for searching after the 8cm Skoda.
  8. BattleSchool

Has anyone ever stumbled across a photo of either gun with a firing table as shown on their ASL counters? TIA
  9. BattleSchool

Beyond Valor v Journals

Much prefer the variety available in the Journals. Even a Journal with the same number of scenarios as BV3 would be more interesting to play through than all of Ostfront cards, not least given that I've played virtually every scenario in BV3 several times over. A newb might see things...
  10. BattleSchool

#77 Second Crack at Caumont

Had to dig out my game from 2011. VASL backward compatibility sucks. Got it wrong. No surprise. I'm 11 years older. My cunning opponent Dan scored a CH on my 8-1 in DFF and redecorated the ground-floor appartment. :( Howeva' ...my wounded hero did find a PF in the GT6 AFPh. And did hit...
  11. BattleSchool

My bad. Film at 11. ;)
  12. BattleSchool

AP32 is a cracking good scenario. Played it at least a couple of times. Not cleva' enough to set a DC. Nor particularly good on the defence in this one. Most memorable moment was a final turn when my 8-1 makes a bid for the CVP cap win. Dieter moves adjacent to a Sherm' in a no-parking zone...
  13. BattleSchool

A15.2, A18.2, and Chapter O CG11.

Fair enough. I'll leave things as they are and not mention the leader. If he brings it up, I'll refer him to this thread.
  14. BattleSchool

Can a unit detonates more than one Set DC?

I was looking for that rule in A23. earlier today. :mad:
  15. BattleSchool

Not looking for a loophole. I'm making a case for my opponent, who is unaware of the state of a leader he created during CC. His leader has since broken and routed out of the Factory. Between sessions I began to wonder if this SMC was still Fanatic, hence my question. I wanted to know what...
  16. BattleSchool

I put "Fanatic" in parenthesis to indicate that the MMC was "Fanatic" by virtue of CG11. only. Given that the leader was created when the MMC was in a conditional "Fanatic state," I wondered if the leader's Fanaticism would likewise be conditional. However, I'm less sure the more I think about...
  17. BattleSchool

If a leader is created during CC by a (Fanatic) Russian MMC in a Factory Location, does the leader remain Fanatic, even if it subsequently leaves the Factory? IOW, is its Fanaticism permanent?
  18. BattleSchool

LOS and terrain questions for the Hell's Corner VASL map

Only "everything" isn't at level -1. The Beach hexes are effectively at the same level as OO20 and PP19 (G.13.21), at least that's my elementary reading. See the first part of the illustrated EX in G13.2 dealing with a Slightly Sloped beach.
  19. BattleSchool

LOS and terrain questions for the Hell's Corner VASL map

Not sure I'm following your arguments, but here goes. Assuming that you're referring to TT20 and UU20, these are sand hexes and therefore Beach hexes. TT19 and UU19 are (in addition to being part of the Matanikau River) Effluent hexes (G13.14). Beach Slope is defined as Slight, which precludes...
  20. BattleSchool

ITT critical hit versus unit in blazing wreck hex

There is nothing in C10.3 to suggest that a Burning Wreck stops burning during Heavy Winds. Nor is there anything in B25.63 to suggest that Heavy Winds extinguish a Wreck Blaze.