Search results

1. wrongway149

Playtesting in the age of play the scenario once and move on.

When I first started playtesting scenarios for the ASL ANNUAL, this was often a suggestion -- chop off a couple turns and cut to the chase. Some folks blame Schwerpunkt. I blame Mark Nixon. :)
  2. wrongway149

Playtesting in the age of play the scenario once and move on.

Officially: balance for good players. They are more likely to find a way to break it. Let the newbies play good players so they can get better (I had to get creamed as the Brits in North Bank FOUR times before I grasped how to use RFP to suck the SS into kill zones.) Rather, try and ensure that...
  3. wrongway149

The guy you might want work with on Carpiquet is Kevin Meyer (RottenRoller on GS)

The guy you might want work with on Carpiquet is Kevin Meyer (RottenRoller on GS)
  4. wrongway149

Factory battles?

That was after Perry set ME straight. SSR 3: AFVs may make a HD maneuver attempt while in factory hex per D 4.22 , as if all adjacent non - factory wall hexsides are one- level lower crest lines. The only modifiers to this are +1 if BU and + x for any armor leader modifier (We will let the...
  5. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

Did we have any other errata required on these three WO scenarios?
  6. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

My bad on that one. Sorry
  7. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

What if the Chinese had a platoon of SS 658s and a couple Panthers as reinforcements? You'd play it then, wouldn't you?
  8. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

'Make your buddy smile'
  9. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

Well don't forget -Don did one himself. He seems to have the Kursk thing down, and that will be his assignment on the team going forward. (Or at least until he decides to try something else.) .
  10. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

I like to give myself a personal challenge once in a while. Plus it's great for new players.
  11. wrongway149

WO Bonus Pack 2023

And we still have two of the late Bill Sisler's board designs we are thinking about trying to work into an ASLOk Action Pack.
  12. wrongway149

Winter Offensive Attendance and how life Mimics ASL.

I was planning on attending after the two-year hiatus., needing a 10 To Hit. But after adding up the mods: My travel bud has taken ill, so no shared adventure available ( +3) I start a new job on Monday at a hospital, so want to be fresh after not working steady for almost 3 years. (+3) The...
  13. wrongway149

Winter Offensive 2023

Just let your prospective opponent know your experience level. If you would rather not play scenarios that require a lot of experience with chapters E, F,G for example. Of course, if you would like to gain that experience, this would be a great opportunity (but at least read the relevant rules...
  14. wrongway149

M8 HMC is one of my favorites.

M8 HMC is one of my favorites.
  15. wrongway149

ASL Journal 13 now available

I like to say "Some guys fish; some guys golf, some guys play with little cardboard army men" . Price out any of those hobbies for comparison. Or even miniatures or M:tG.
  16. wrongway149

Forgotten War scenarios

Got a couple drafts in the works. (some will be 'night' scenarios, though)
  17. wrongway149

Forgotten War scenarios

Maybe spread out over Action Packs, Journals and WO packs...
  18. wrongway149

Hollow Legions scenario updates

It' s either the scenario designer or the damned dice. NEVER the player!!!
  19. wrongway149

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Thank you for the quick AAR Steve - and I'm glad you liked it. I know that the 'steep hill slog' is not everyone's dice glass (are these the same players who will clamber one hex per MPh over endless rubble and debris to assault the Barrikady one more time?) but with 16 scenarios in the pack...
  20. wrongway149

Orchard-Brush terrain

I've always thought a graveyard-orchard would be cool.