Search results

1. Marshal Lannes

Battle of the Little Big Horn 1876

Sorry about that - I cleaned up the text in the previous posting.............must stop typing sooooo fast......this video is pretty good ....uploaded quite recently..........showing the expanse of Reno's wood and the low and high rises where Custer had to fight. :).
  2. Marshal Lannes

Battle of the Little Big Horn 1876

The Battle of the Little Big Horn 1876 is a free demo game from Wargame Design Studio. It is a nice freebie on par with the Mius River Demo. Once you have loaded it up on your computer; the initial screen is accompanied by Indian chanting - " Heya , heya ....Heya ....Hey !." The initial...
  3. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Waterloo Update

Flying Colors - Deluxe Edition - Fleet Actions in the Age Of Sail GMT Games. I would classify this as an impulse buy but there has always been a part of me that likes the idea and opportunity to be able to play a naval simulation game in what was the pinnacle and most interesting period of...
  4. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Waterloo Update

Wargame Design Studio have released the 4.01 version Of Napoleonic Campaign battle updates as of 20th May 2022. Programming and graphic updates continue apace.................the unit pics are really good. Better and better all the time. Missed this as I am heavily...
  5. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

" I Say ...............Uh Saaaay ! "................30 Books.............I got this for a reasonable price in a second hand bookstore - I have seen it for twice as much and a bit on E-Bay - ( as new condition ). Big grin on my face ..........this is really the crowning glory of my Napoleonic...
  6. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

A blast from the past !.........I had the original version, ( 1980 ) with hardboard maps...........this one has been totally renovated with better maps and counters and sheets. I was only a strategic Napoleonic player as a kid.....would not interest me now. Impressive looking 2020 remake- if I...
  7. Marshal Lannes

Space News - Exploration

👽...........................................................👾.....................................................👽.
  8. Marshal Lannes

No Time to Die - Mr Bond !

You can't beat 1950's to 1970's films......................:). I will get round to seeing that one , some day - I wonder if the wife of the main lead of the story saw it in 1956 and found out that her husband was attempting to play away with his secretary...... " Oh Honey , let's go and see...
  9. Marshal Lannes

Operation Mincemeat Film... This film floats along - every pun intended. It totally relies on the fact that most people do not know a lot about the story. I did read a magazine article a while back which re-ignited my memory cells- I could hear them popping away. Basically , the film covers...
  10. Marshal Lannes

What to make of this film...........the Northman..................it is raw and I mean ....raw ....there is a lot of raaaaar and then some more raaar..........and in case you have not had enough .....some extra raaaaar to set the tone of the North-lands. I guess that talking in a different...
  11. Marshal Lannes

Space News - Exploration

" Yeeeeeee Haaaaaa ! "................................Musky buys Twitter...........:love:..................👍. " Eeeeeeurrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh ! "..............
  12. Marshal Lannes

Space News - Exploration

Unfortunately; you missed your chance to see JAW's in person...........he has unfortunately embarked on a solar boat in 2018; but is surrounded by a cosmic ocean teeming with fish.............. R.I.P. and Thanks for all the work done to expose the Sacred science handed down to the Egyptians...
  13. Marshal Lannes

Space News - Exploration

I have read all of Hancock's books except one....bought Magicians of the God's last Christmas - saving that for a rainy weekend. Fingerprints of the Gods was a game changer...........I am sure that somewhere down the line ; there will be a statue erected of him...............for simply...
  14. Marshal Lannes

Gaming Nostalgia

That's one I never had.........I had the Crimean War Quad ( un-punched ) which was a decent game with enough counters and rules complexity. The maps were always easy on the eye and functional..............:)...
  15. Marshal Lannes

Space News - Exploration

https://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-ryugu-organic-compounds-amino-acids-hayabusa-2/ " You don't say ! " ...................and with comets jam packed with bacteria and micro organisms......would it be a big stretch of logic or imagination to say that the entire freakin galaxy and known...
  16. Marshal Lannes

Gaming Nostalgia

That was probably a new SPI game, just released for $35 - the hobby store I mentioned used to have sales at 50% off and even sold Monster SPI games in large plastic wallets at a third off the price- simply because they were shipped to the store without boxes. You could also get a size-able...
  17. Marshal Lannes

Gaming Nostalgia

As a youngster/student- you had a good supply of friends with free time to indulge games with- I miss that . There is also the difference in intensity of experience ....when you are at that age - your mind seems to be more invested and focused in the process of gaming. As a fully fledged adult -...
  18. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Got me a sturdy wagon and a good pair of hooves...........should be in my new homestead by June. .......... "Yee Haa ! .........................Geddup........... there.............. hoss !...".
  19. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Ozark

Some recent ( March ) Videos on Ozark...............1863 - Red River Campaign game.
  20. Marshal Lannes

So ; I did see the Film - MoonFall - it turned out to be mediocre and I will not get the DVD. Rating 5/10. So as far as it goes for this year- the film Batman stands out. I have seen it twice , as I was not in the mood the first time and the screen picture was slightly hazy - the second time...