1. Jwil2020

Valor of the Guards or Red Barricades

Wilma Flintstone or Betty Rubble?
  2. Jwil2020

SASL Will Be Reprinted

My wallet thanks you. :D
  3. Jwil2020

LOS String and firing

And therein lies the rub. But it's what I'll go with for now. Thanks.
  4. Jwil2020

LOS String and firing

IMO, you have identified the key question. A6.11 seems to imply that the sequence of events is Declare Attack then Check LOS then Make Attack DR (whether to resolve a TH/IFT attack, or to verify if weapon survived its B/X# in the case of blocked LOS). The quoted Q&A obviously contradicts this...
  5. Jwil2020

LOS String and firing

Interesting thread. Until now, I assumed the LOS mechanic for TH ordnance (whether special ammo or not) was the same as it seems A6.11 describes for MMC IFP or SW i.e.: Firing player declares shot. (SW? MMC? Leader directed? all three, etc.?). LOS is then checked (if questionable). If good...
  6. Jwil2020

VASL6.6.5-beta3.vmod released

As a newcomer to VASL, I would like to pass on my sincere thanks and appreciation to all those who have volunteered their time (and brain power) to make such an incredibly awesome platform available and all the increased playing opportunities it provides. Keep up the good work!
  7. Jwil2020

Reaction Fire. And Pinning.

And all three “Pocket” books can be purchased as a bundle for $95… less than the cost of the OOP ASLRB. IMHO, this game is challenging enough WITH the rules handy. I can’t imagine playing it without them.
  8. Jwil2020

LOS Verbose Feature

Thanks, Doug. I'll check out that list of possibilities.
  9. Jwil2020

LOS Verbose Feature

I've noticed that from time to time when I upload a game file for offline play, the LOS Verbose feature does not display hindrance/blockage info (although it will give range). I've double checked to make sure LOS Verbose is enabled in preferences. Any ideas why I am not getting that LOS info?
  10. Jwil2020

Reaction Fire. And Pinning.

Aren't SMC exempt from PAATC (A11.6)?
  11. Jwil2020

eASLRB V2.03 released...

On my first download attempt, I got that same “preparing to download” message for what seemed about 10 minutes. I gave up and backed and tried again. Got the same message for maybe three or four minutes and then the DL came through. Not sure what the issue is, but all’s well that ends well...
  12. Jwil2020

How many scenarios exist ?

IMHO, not too many, as the wide selection offers more choices. But for me, 8k+ scenarios (and let’s not forget all the CGs) is probably about 7500 more than I will ever have time to play. :)
  13. Jwil2020

CA change in enemy MPh

Interesting thread. I await the verdict from Mt. Olympus.
  14. Jwil2020

eASLRB V2.03 released...

Yeah. I see that there is a new 2.03 (as opposed to 2.01), but I don't see any blurbs like the one you quoted on the main page or in my library. I'll probably just DL to my tablet anyway. What's the worst that can happen? o_O
  15. Jwil2020

eASLRB V2.03 released...

Hmmm.... didn't get an email. I can't find any info on an updated version of their site.
  16. Jwil2020

starter kit boards and road entry

Thanks for clarifying. But as one of those who chooses to no longer use FB, links to such are not much help. However, I'm sure there are others here who would appreciate it.
  17. Jwil2020

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Red Factories (couldn't resist the sale price- thanks MMP) Operation Watchtower
  18. Jwil2020

So... I'm starting to get confused. Is there another version of the updated SKRB that is "more-up-to-date" than the one MMP is currently showing for free DL (dated 9/3/2021)? FWIW, the September 2021 update only added maybe 4-5 changes that were mostly a word or phrase here and there. IIRC...
  19. Jwil2020

Not quite sure what "missing the color coding means." When I click on the link in my post, it takes me to an MMP page with tabs along the top right. Tap resources, scroll down to "ASL Starter Kit#4 with errata 9/3/2021" and download. You can also get to that page just by going to the MMP main...
  20. Jwil2020

I got the same error message. But when you click on the "Resources" Tab a menu pops up: click on the ASLSK Downloads, and the SKRB is one of several free download options.