Search results

1. Cpl Uhl

B24 Rubble and mortar fire

This is of those rules you can put to good use when an ssr let's you rubble locations/hexes prior to setup. Had it used against me once to devastating effect. Won't forget that.
  2. Cpl Uhl

Changing TCA after firing MA in AFph - legal?

Got it! What threw me off Jazz was your definitive "Not at all" to changing the TCA using the bmg. The word "relative" is the key here.
  3. Cpl Uhl

So, copy what Wayne says, but seems at odds with what Jazz says. If TCA is 1200 to VCA (ie pointing in same direction) and I turn the VCA to 0400 using the BMG, then, if I understand Wayne, the TCA will now be in the same direction as the VCA, ie the same RELATIVE to the VCA, or 0400. But it...
  4. Cpl Uhl

Roadblock on the border of a board that the defender is not allowed to set up on

Yes, while the hexside is blocked, which HEX the roadblock counter is in has all kind of implications and merits reflection.
  5. Cpl Uhl

Burning 2 story building and Drifting Smoke

It took me 15 years playing ASL before I realized this. Certainly adds the Smoke counters to the board...
  6. Cpl Uhl

Wait, are you saying that if I have a turreted AFV in a friendly fire phase with TCA and VCA at 12:00 and only one weapon is capable of firing I can pivot either the TCA or VCA but not both? What if the unfired weapon is a BMG, can I change the TCA at all?
  7. Cpl Uhl

Grenadier 22 - will it happen?

Thanks Michael. Looking forward to Grenadier, the Resurrection!
  8. Cpl Uhl

AP181 - No Dunkirk ford placement question

Looking at this but regarding whether the US tanks can Ford the river. B21.4 states that "Entrance of a Water Obstacle hex is usually [now, THAT'S useful!] limited to units on bridge boat or amphib vehicle. Otherwise, entrance is limited to swimming or fording by Personnel units." OK, clear...
  9. Cpl Uhl

Best Vehicle Names

I usually start out with my children's names. Then after the unit misses every shot, malfs mgs and bogs I change the name to Sh*@head or F@$kface and, like the children, the unit performs better.
  10. Cpl Uhl

Jungle Citadel Part 3

Placing unit has to survive all Def FIRST Fire. If DC is successfully placed during the MPh without the placing unit pinning or breaking from Def First Fire, then the placing unit can kia/break/pin under Def Final Fire with no effect on the DC attack.
  11. Cpl Uhl

Jungle Citadel Part 3

Indeed, gives additional tactical options when defending vs a DC attacker
  12. Cpl Uhl

Thanks Magnus. :(
  13. Cpl Uhl

Haven't seen any news, nothing on aslgermany.de .
  14. Cpl Uhl

Three Player Scenarios List

Would it work to play the old General scenario Timoschenko's Attack as a 3 player, with the 3rd player controlling the Russian reinforcements WITHOUT coordination with other Russian player, ie. with realistic Russian C2?
  15. Cpl Uhl

Favorite SSR or the one you'd like to see:

And as I was the Japanese, indeed it was fun!
  16. Cpl Uhl

The Christmas Gifu from Operation Watchtower had an ssr where Japanese in a pillbox could gain HIP like in a Cave if out of LOS of a KEU. This allowed then moving through a tunnel to a still HIP PB and essentially disappearing from play. Loved it. (Though the scenario is very unbalanced)
  17. Cpl Uhl

Isn't that what the stun is supposed to represent? Except not the driver I guess...
  18. Cpl Uhl

Nostalgia Hit...

The store on the "MD side of the beltway" might have been Dream Wizards in Rockville? Mostly D&D, miniatures, but that's where I got SL and the ASLRB.
  19. Cpl Uhl

Tanksgiving . Fredericton, NB, Canada. 14 - 16 October 2022

Like the format! Chapter E needs more love in tournaments.