Search results

1. Sean Deller

ASL Bell Tolls

Yes, please! That was absolutely the most hilarious moment in 20+ years of Winter Offensives. I grew up in Long Island, and every time Gary barked it was like a time capsule from my youth was opened. The hobby is richer from his playtest contributions, and the tournament scene was more...
  2. Sean Deller

Festung Budapest design question

True...but given the heavy dose of SSRs it wasn't obvious where the "enough is enough" line should be.
  3. Sean Deller

Festung Budapest design question

Klas is correct (as usual). This was a concession to avoid further complexity.
  4. Sean Deller

VBM Entry on a half hex?

Hi, Larry. No...A2.6 explicitly uses it to enable exiting via bypass. However, it does not mention entry. I suspect this was an oversight. I recommend that A2.6 be expanded to include entry. It is a simple solution that does not contradict any rules or create other headaches. Using any...
  5. Sean Deller

VBM Entry on a half hex?

Fair enough, but I think this is easily solved by expanding the A2.6 "mirror image" rule to include board entry.
  6. Sean Deller

VBM Entry on a half hex?

I agree with Bob & Tuomo: Yes, Yes, and Yes. None of this contradicts D2.32. The CAFP, not where the counter is placed, is what matters. I would argue that the vertex exists at the point at which the hex grid meets the edge of the mapboard, regardless of how well/poorly the map was cut. I...
  7. Sean Deller

Tournament: Festung Budapest, 13-15 May, 2022

Where in Sweden will this be held?
  8. Sean Deller

My year 2021 in ASL

This made my day...
  9. Sean Deller

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

There's a group of players in North Carolina who are experts in this scenario, and the Hungarians are their preferred side. Glad you enjoyed it!
  10. Sean Deller

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

This is a really good and enjoyable scenario. Challenging for both sides.
  11. Sean Deller

Hidden Gem Scenarios

O14 Wiking Horde. That one is a hoot. Played it twice; great fun both times. Cheers, Sean
  12. Sean Deller

DN10 Finale: Onhaye - German Turn 1 entry instruction?

May each German reinforcement group entering on Turn 1 use multiple entry roads (it reads "on/adjacent to any east-edge road hex"), or must each group select a single road to enter on/adjacent to? The absence of the word "one" (such as "on/adjacent to any one east-edge road hex") indicates they...
  13. Sean Deller

ROAR Future

First...a hearty shout out to JR and everyone else who has contributed valuable resources to our hobby (ROAR, VASL, ASL Players Ratings, AREA, VASL, ASL Armory, Desperation Morale website, VASL, Klass with Klas, and many more I can't think of at the moment). Bravo Zulu. Regarding a lack of...
  14. Sean Deller

AAR - Oh, Joy! - RB11

I played this three times in years past; all three were German victories. I thought it was balanced (enough), and enjoyable.
  15. Sean Deller

Battle Harden during MPh...extra MF?

If an Inexperienced Unit battle hardens during the MPh, does it get its 4th MF back for use during that move?
  16. Sean Deller

Boards appear, but counters do not

You're right, Doug. He currently has v6.4. I thought my opponent upgraded both VASSAL and VASL, but it was only VASSAL (which he subsequently had to revert back to 3.2.17). I expect installing v6.5.1 will fix it. Thanks, guys!
  17. Sean Deller

Hi, Michael. I should have mentioned...the scenario is ASL 171, so the counters are Russians & Finns ("core" + HP). I don't think they're coming from an extension?
  18. Sean Deller

What is the cause, and fix, for this error message? When loading a scenario, the boards appear, but the counters do not. We're using VASL 6.5.1 and VASSAL 3.2.17.
  19. Sean Deller

VASSAL 3.4.0 Released

Ain't nobody got time for that! I could be dead in a few weeks.
  20. Sean Deller

VASSAL 3.4.0 Released

VASL 6.5.1 won't load when using VASSAL 3.4.1. Error message says "Incompatible." Anyone else experiencing this? What's the fix?