Search results

1. sunoftzu

Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

For those that need their eye-candy, here's a FB link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628719720726712/ (I've tried several times to download an image, but this site is unwilling or unable to accept it)
  2. sunoftzu

Euan and I have completed the first 3 game turns in our playing of BD-006 "Bitterest Day". 2 FT AFVs have entered, one of which roasted a 47L ATG, but in turn was wrecked by the 320mm Spigot Mortar OBA. Overall, the Marines are taking light casualties, and look to be on schedule for establishing...
  3. sunoftzu

Doomed Battalions 3rd ed vs Kampfgruppe Peiper I&II

Still having a hard time understanding why you would compare a core module to a HASL module. To be fair, outside of it's core components, the scenarios of DB really don't rate very high with me. KGP gives 3 very good CGs and much better scenarios. The one thing that really disappointed me...
  4. sunoftzu

Hi Chas, At the moment, I am quite busy with 2 large playtest projects. But I expect to be...

Hi Chas, At the moment, I am quite busy with 2 large playtest projects. But I expect to be finished with one of them by the end of 2022. I'd very much like to help out with the Peleliu project at that point if any help is still needed. I know it can be hard to find playtesters for Caves...
  5. sunoftzu

BFP: Objective Schmidt

Just finished the 9th (of 10) Kommersheidt/Schmidt scenarios last Monday. Liang Xiao and I are currently playing BFP-103, then OS-010, then BFP-104, then we do the CG "Crushed At Kommersheidt". The latter 2 scenarios are a good size, so it might be 4-5 months away. OS-005 took us 3 months to...
  6. sunoftzu

Euan and I got another turn of BD-006 "Bitterest Day" done this morning. Both pillboxes, both '-1- leaders, and all HMGs have been revealed, with minimal casualties so far. The Marines are moving at a decent enough pace, and have even managed to eliminate a cave so far.... A lot of fun...
  7. sunoftzu

On a side note, we are playing V5 as being level 0. It is level 1 in terms of color, but the lack of double contours suggest to us that this is an error in color, and that it should only be level 0.
  8. sunoftzu

Euan and I got BD-006 "Bitterest Day" started this morning. A terrifying amount of open ground for the Marines to cross !!! In the first turn, I'm trying to not be overly cautious, and draw out the Japanese. However, Euan is content to keep it quiet for now... John.
  9. sunoftzu

Euan and I completed BD-009 "Crescent Carnage" this morning. Up until the last couple of turns, both sides were approaching breaking point in terms of casualties, so there was a real fight to the finish line. But it was the Japanese whom unraveled, as my infantry endured a pair of k/ results and...
  10. sunoftzu

This Morning, Euan and I got a bit more of BD-009 "Crescent Carnage" completed this morning (1.5 turns to go now). Both sides have taken high losses, but my Japanese are still hanging tough. They've had their chances, but the Marines are doing just enough to prevent us turning the tables on them...
  11. sunoftzu

Last Sunday, Euan and I got another turn of BD-009 "Crescent Carnage" completed. The Japanese are looking solid on their left flank, but in the center and right, they simply aren't making much impression on the Marines, whom currently control 3 (of 4 needed) level 3 locations of Half Moon Hill...
  12. sunoftzu

This morning (his afternoon), Euan and I got 1.5 turns of BD-009 completed. Euan has heavily deployed, and is using the vast room available to do skirmish-like rush for the VC (level 3) hills, hoping to draw out the HIP guns, in particular the 47L ATG. I have replied in kind by not revealing the...
  13. sunoftzu

Euan and I have BD-009 next, then BD-006, then the CG. Will keep you posted of course......
  14. sunoftzu

In today's session of BD-008 "Good Luck Charm", my WP FFE landed perfectly, and other than losing 3 HS to a 12 MC and a k/2 mtr IFT DR, the Japanese attack continued as well as one could reasonably hope. Euan and I came to the conclusion that unlimited WP makes the Japanese attack a bit too...
  15. sunoftzu

In today's session, My Japanese have a very tough mission, with a small numerical advantage, but a significant quality disadvantage. I (and Euan also) felt that I had no real choice but to forfeit the turn 1 MPh, and enter in the APh. I did just this, and lost an 8-0 leader for my trouble. The...
  16. sunoftzu

Last week, Euan and I finished our playing of BD-007 "We're Dead Anyway". It was a bit of a short-lived game, unfortunately, The Japanese HMG went malf, repair dr6, and the ATG and crew was eliminated by a CH. After this, the Americans pretty much romped where they pleased. I would have done...
  17. sunoftzu

Last Sunday, Euan and I came to the conclusion that the Mud (E3.6) is too much of a burden for the Japanese to overcome. With the tough VCs and many crests to cross, the Japanese move like molasses, the mist gives no cover whatsoever at ranges of 6 or less (ie, as soon as the USMC enjoy their...
  18. sunoftzu

Euan and I got BD-005 "Ultimate Insult" kicked off this morning. This is a tricky looking scenario for both sides, as the Japanese are counterattacking through Mud (E3.6) (and Mist (E3.32) for the first 2 turns). Not the most ideal start for the USMC, as they lose their 9-2 leader to the SAN...
  19. sunoftzu

Euan and I finished our playing of BD-004 "Thicker Than Flies" this morning. In the last session, I though that I'd done a decent job of assembling the Japanese into a good position to counterattack Sugar Loaf Hill, only to watch them crumble on the west flank. However, I struck some white hot...
  20. sunoftzu

Euan and I got another 1.5 turns of BD-005 "Thicker Than Flies" completed this morning. There was a lot of intense action, and by the end of it, the Japanese had nearly been wiped out on the the west side of Sugar Loaf Hill. However, thanks to a THH burning the abandoned, immobilized LVT4 'hulk'...