Search results

1. Bret Hildebran

Manila question

Reading the rule, I agree with your conclusion that Cellars are NOT fortified in SF.
  2. Bret Hildebran

Manila question

So shellholes are enough to hide Wire in despite having awesome aerial reconnaissance? Color me surprised... :unsure:
  3. Bret Hildebran

Continuous Slope & Cliffs?

Thanks for the QA reference. I have no idea how they get there rules wise, but I guess we must abide by the ruling. I presume that's from a GS question someone submitted and thus not a printed ruling as of yet? Thanks for all of the quick responses...
  4. Bret Hildebran

Scenario T7 / 132 - Hill 253.5 question

Perry is (of course) correct. SSR 5 gives both sides air support - the Russians have a +1 drm to their air support arrival dr hence the German symbol on T2 and the Russian on T3.
  5. Bret Hildebran

Continuous Slope & Cliffs?

Deluxe board n - is there a continuous slope from hex G5 to E5? Alpine Hills are in effect so it is a matter of LOS. B.5 defines Continuous slope as: "...a change in elevation such that, in each hex, successively crossed by the LOS, the elevation changes by one level in a continuous gradient."...
  6. Bret Hildebran

ASLOK XXXVI - October 2nd-9th, 2022

After much procrastination on my part, the ASLOK website is finally updated with all of the info for ASLOK XXXVI - the hotel link is live allowing discounted rates of $89 per night. Pre-reg flyers are also available with the mini options for 2022. Please let me know if you have any issues or...
  7. Bret Hildebran

VBM Entry on a half hex?

I went ahead and submitted a Q&A to MMP: Along with the pic. I added the portion on the infantry due to Alan's thoughts as I think it is an important perspective on potentially opening Pandora's Box depending on the answer...
  8. Bret Hildebran

VBM Entry on a half hex?

Interesting point - allowing it on entry would almost imply you could do it during the normal course of play which would seemingly open up a whole new can of worms it would seem...
  9. Bret Hildebran

VBM Entry on a half hex?

Thanks for the thoughts so far - sounds like there is not a general consensus, which makes me feel good that I didn't ask a really easy rules question at least.
  10. Bret Hildebran

VBM Entry on a half hex?

It's a playtest map which has not yet received the famed Charlie Kibler shadow treatment...
  11. Bret Hildebran

VBM Entry on a half hex?

Dumb rules question time. Say I can enter the map up to L20 which is a half hex with woods in it. If I VBM the off board side of L20, did I enter on L20? Can I be shot in L20? Can I then drive into M20 which is not a legal entry hex? Or if I have to enter on L20 do I actually have to VBM one of...
  12. Bret Hildebran

ASLOK XXXV - Official TD AAR

Did just hear Randy's roommate tested negative which is a relatively positive sign.
  13. Bret Hildebran

FYI - Randy Rossi has also tested positive for Covid as well unfortunately. Mild symptoms so far at least...
  14. Bret Hildebran

Just a heads up - James Taylor informed me that he wasn't feeling well on Monday and got tested for Covid that afternoon and has now found out he tested positive. I believe James already reached out via email to everyone he played/was in close proximity with a lot, but we felt it was wise to...
  15. Bret Hildebran

After winning 8 of the first 16, Mike retired from the Grofaz and hasn't returned. He did get up at 8AM on Thursday to win the Deluxe mini this year which was kind of shocking in itself. But I think in general he's happy to just play the folks he wants to and have fun at this point...
  16. Bret Hildebran

Bob Bendis the ASLOK XXXV champion as he overcame Chad Cummins Japanese by the thinnest of margins. He managed to hang onto 7 buildings and didn't need to take any back on the final turn. A wild CC gave Chad a chance, but he was slightly behind for the last few turns it seemed... Final...
  17. Bret Hildebran

Chad has it 60/40 Bob at the moment. He thinks he'll get the buildings needed but that Bob is likely to be able to retake the buildings. Bob just set up his T5 reinforcements, but Chad has both planes with bombs and 2 DCs still available but feels he is likely running a tad short of warm...
  18. Bret Hildebran

Saturday Minis - Final Results: Bill Sisler New Kid in Town - Mike Zeimentz "triumphs" over Mauricio Grazzi in a dice off to settle it as they decided it was too late to settle it on the cardboard battlefield. The good news is Mike won lunch money for the drive home... The Emperor's Finest -...
  19. Bret Hildebran

Thursday Minis - Final Results: Night - Rodney Callen triumphed over Paul Sidhu in the final where they went back to the beginning with a playing of scenario H Escape From Velikiye Luki. Pacific - "The Bad" J.R., AKA, J.R. VanMechlen beat Stan "the PTO Master" Jackson in a double jeopardy first...
  20. Bret Hildebran

Friday Mini Final Update: Best of the Best (Grofaz): Chad Cummins' Russians managed to overcome J.R. Tracy's Germans in J1 Urban Guerrillas to take home the Grofaz mini and became the 2nd to advance to 4-0. Best of 2021 (Grofaz): Bob Bendis knocked off Steve Pleva (4-0) in AP169 The Beasts Have...