Search results

1. Carln0130

Looking for help

Does this mean we can't shoot him?
  2. Carln0130

Playtesting in the age of play the scenario once and move on.

Actually, Iwo has seen several other scenarios. One in the YASL 2 pack from LFT. (Shameless plug mode switched off now). There were a few in the old Dagger scenarios and Darrell Anderson did a nice job on the topic for CH. Certainly not saying there isn't room for more though :)
  3. Carln0130

Reading time

One is no doubt directly linked to the other :-)
  4. Carln0130

#67: Fresh Grist

Surrendered unless no quarter is in effect. They don't try to surrender to berserk units. They know better.
  5. Carln0130

Reading time

Does this guy earn his 10% or what?
  6. Carln0130

Playtesting in the age of play the scenario once and move on.

It varies a lot with the complexity of the scenario. One tactic I use to combat this is to try and recruit as many playtesters as possible and also to playtest each scenario myself with various playtesters. The value of a playtest from anyone is important, but I try to give each scenario at...
  7. Carln0130

Been Playing For Years And Never Realized....

I HATE my " Smartphone".
  8. Carln0130

What removes the lane once placed is the key.
  9. Carln0130

Carrying on with the "Played this backwards for years" theme. If a Squad that fired an MG to lay a Firelane does not Cower, the lane gets placed. We all know that. What I didn't know, was that if the squad only fired the MG and then latter fires it's inherent FP and cowers, it effects the lane...
  10. Carln0130

Which nationality has the most authentic " flavor "

See above post for my half cent Craig.
  11. Carln0130

So have I, against live opponents. Without a doubt that broadens your perspective as they try all sorts of things you may not have considered. I stopped counting at a dozen tries and lost interest several CG's after that. They dominate. Have a 10-3 led table 24 go on a streak of ROF, everybody...
  12. Carln0130

Answering the original post, to me, the Japanese.
  13. Carln0130

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Correct, you cannot rout ADJACENT vs adjacent, there is a real difference between the two, to a melee. In fact, you cannot even Rout ADJACENT to Broken units. From A10.51 DIRECTION: A routing unit may never rout toward a Known armed enemy unit (even if that enemy unit is broken or disrupted)...
  14. Carln0130

Heroes vs Leaders

Only a heroic leader could. Hero SMC's who aren't leaders are too busy flexing to be effective.
  15. Carln0130

Destroyer The Sullivans is taking on water...

Agreed. I saw this for the first time today. I hope they can save that vessel.
  16. Carln0130

Searching for additional info on the fighting around Paulis, Rumania, 9/13, 1944-9/20/1944

Hello, I am trying to garner some additional information about the fight mentioned in the subject line, particularly, what day/time the Russians of the 18th Tank Corps reinforced the Rumanian cadets. Info is sparse on this, but I am trying to find it. I was wondering if anyone might...
  17. Carln0130

Bog check in buildings

B: Requires Bog DR to enter/change-VCA-within. From the Green Chart Chapter B Divider for terrain under Buildings. You do risk Bog changing VCA in a Building. A capital B is listed in the Stone Building and Wooden Building as well as Rubble Line. You will not fall into the cellar changing VCA...
  18. Carln0130

Doomed Battalions 3rd ed vs Kampfgruppe Peiper I&II

"Twiggy hands down!" You walk in darkness my friend.
  19. Carln0130

Doomed Battalions 3rd ed vs Kampfgruppe Peiper I&II

KGP. Doomed Battalions and KGP is like comparing apples to oranges really. However, if you are talking about which one provides more entertainment value, then KGP hands down. Core Modules play an important role, because they introduce nationalities and core OB's, but the entertainment value is...