Search results

1. wrongway149

ASL Overlay Bundle is now up for preorder!

Somewhat. I try to lead players to try new things, but often worry about being TOO far ahead. I usually try to mix the familiar, tried-and-true concepts (ASL is already a great game after all) with at least one new sort of 'hook'. I certainly LIKE to think I make a difference. When I see one...
  2. wrongway149

yeah but back then we only had to lug BV, Yanks and Rulebook.
  3. wrongway149

OK guys -- get ready with those overlays (whichever way you cut them) I have been mostly eschewing thier use in my scenario designs over the past several years as I knew some of you didn't have all of them. Now there is no excuse! Don Petros just sent me some new 'East Front' prototype...
  4. wrongway149

Designer/Tester Trend Russian Leaders

So the 527 SMG guys still sub down to conscript?
  5. wrongway149

There are time you have to wonder -where is the Russian 2nd line squad? (maybe a 4-2-7/6 ?) Dumping all the way to conscript from 1st line is quite huge, not only due to loss in FP/Range/Morale but the addition of inexperienced penalties.
  6. wrongway149

Which nationality has the most authentic " flavor "

A 768 with a Flamethrower is a mobile Kill Stack.
  7. wrongway149

OOO OOO OOoo -- actual ASL game- relevant discussion! :geek::unsure:
  8. wrongway149

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

And the fact that this minutiae (<<<should there really be a 'i' there?) makes it into the discussion more often and the much heavier details less so shows how far we have come.
  9. wrongway149

Lots of cover, but slow going. Hold your '?' and look for ambush opportunities. relatively easy to regain '?' AFVs in support if at all.
  10. wrongway149

Ironically, I think the tactics in PTO (and thus the scenarios) are very similar to Red Barricades.
  11. wrongway149

Love the 'half squad overrun' .
  12. wrongway149

I would cite that as the single biggest factor. So blame Schwerpunkt :( Or credit Schwerpunkt. :)
  13. wrongway149

Crazy smoke exponent and assault fire, too. Use them!!!
  14. wrongway149

Given that the reason suggested for the US '6' ML is that the replacement process deteriorated small unit cohesion, I think all US units in thier first week or so of combat should be ML 7. Landing at D-Day, for example. Could use ELR of '2' to round out the compromise.
  15. wrongway149

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Agreed, Ken -- we can't let them 'simmer' for a while, like a good pot of chili :) -- and I have said as much about the WO packs, too!. So right now I am starting work on the scenarios for WO pack 2024 or 2025. It might be 'design brain'. Even when I try to play competitively, my mind always...
  16. wrongway149

ROAR updates?

Thanks-- I was curious about that myself, as I have been seeing a few AARs.
  17. wrongway149

The ASL either/or....

Field phone as the radio -carrying leader will wound or die the first time he tries to move --and drop the darn thing. Bump SAN from 3 to 4 or Level A Booby traps in a single-board scenario?
  18. wrongway149

SP150 THE LEGREW MANEUVER

This has happened during playtest. The players have said --"great scenario.. don't change a thing!". .. Then later "OOPS, disregard as we had the boards set up wrong." Guess what I did? "NOTE TO PLAYTESTERS: here is V 2.0-- check out the new board orientation. "
  19. wrongway149

Old expressions, ASLified

Some MMC are born elite; others battle harden to elite status. Still others have a Berserk counter thrust upon them.