Search results

1. Double Deuce

The Forgotten War in SASL

Thanks. I'll check it out and see what I can find. 👍
  2. Double Deuce

The Forgotten War in SASL

I didn't come across anything in the forums here and was wondering if anyone has worked up any Generation Tables/Charts to bring this module into SASL. I don't think there was ever an official Chinese Communist SASL chart so may be starting from scratch?
  3. Double Deuce

Seeking Boot Hill game or Gamma World / Boot Hill crossover

If you are not wedded to the mechanics of the "Gamma World / Boot Hill" game systems specifically, you might want to check out "The After". It's a post-apocalyptic setting for the Savage Worlds RPG. It's new (just this year) so it may not have a large following yet but might be worth looking...
  4. Double Deuce

Do you prefer solo ASL or SASL?

^^This!^^ . . .
  5. Double Deuce

Icon for Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

It' been years since I set mine up, many years like before 2010, but you should be able to create a small image (16x16 pixels), name it favicon.ico and upload it to the 'public_html' folder/directory. That's how mine are set up. I don't think you need to do any other coding/linking to get that...
  6. Double Deuce

3rd Co, 1st Bn, 310th Rifle Regiment, 8th Rifle Division: SASL CG- Sept 1939 – July 1941

Got some real life time-taker-uppers going on atm so I might be playing and posting a little slower over the next week or so. Even slower than I already am. :cautious:
  7. Double Deuce

Mission #1: 3 Co/1 Bn/310 Rgt/8 RD Campaign [SASL CG - Poland 1939]

Turn 2 [Russian] As hoped, the errant Polish artillery barrage seemed to eliminate part of their flanking force and appears to have allowed me to stabilize a defensive line. Lt Petrov finally gets back in the game, rallies a squad and leads it over to the left to cover the flank. Fortunately...
  8. Double Deuce

Probably messing up some rules but it's been a really long time since I played ASL. I also am re-reading rules (and watching videos) when instances come up for things I am unsure of. It's certainly fun though. ?
  9. Double Deuce

Hi Mark, I stole the idea from HongKongWargamer here on the forums, he uses them on his blog. I...

Hi Mark, I stole the idea from HongKongWargamer here on the forums, he uses them on his blog. I use Inkscape for the images cause it uses layers and vector graphics so they do not lose detail when resized. It has a high learning curve so I watch youtube videos alot when I need to learn how to...
  10. Double Deuce

3rd Company could sure use a Commissar to help motivate Petrov right about now.
  11. Double Deuce

Turn 2 [Polish] In the Polish phase of Turn 2, ENEMY S? continue to advance but about half fail to activate (thankfully). On the Russian left and behind the Polish frontline, a 100mm artillery barrage impacts, breaking several squads and ‘shocking’ the TKS. Turns out it was Polish artillery...
  12. Double Deuce

The Mission sheet only says "Determine Road Network entry hex by Random dr (if >1 exists on that board edge)."
  13. Double Deuce

Something I worked up. I picked out an early war Russian unit (8th Rifle Division) and started digging into their history. Now I'm building this SASL Campaign set during Sep 1939 - July 1941 around what information I can find, which is very little other than general locations. Most of the...
  14. Double Deuce

Yeah, luckily for him I didn't roll one when creating the company. I suppose the men could accuse him of cowardice and plot for him to 'disappear' at a convenient time. Maybe when they go up against the Finns later in the campaign? Those woods are thick and the snow will be deep . . :unsure:
  15. Double Deuce

Turn 1 [Russian] In the Russian phase of Turn 1, Cpt Romanov and Cpl Torrance bring 2nd and 3rd Platoons up and online along the front slope of a low hill just outside of the village. Both an MMG and the 50mm Mortar are brought into position supporting defense. At least one infantry squad is...
  16. Double Deuce

Turn 1 [Polish] In the Polish phase of Turn 1, multiple ENEMY S? activate along the Russian left flank as they advance down off the elevated road. They comprise at least 6 squads (although mostly Green), 2 leaders and a single TKS. Although the ‘tankette’ is only armed with a BMG, the Russians...
  17. Double Deuce

Mission Pre-Start Shortly after 3rd Company passes through the village of Tkachy, contact is made with Polish border defense forces. The Poles are approaching from the west over an elevated roadway. 1st Squad of 1st Platoon engages at long range but to no effect. Cpt Romanov immediately orders...
  18. Double Deuce

Mission #1 – Tkachy, Poland. September 17, 1939 Mission Parameters Type: Patrol (8) Mapboard Selection: A8* * The specific {A8} table used for all boards is determined by random dr. Weather: Clear, EC are Very Dry (+2) with a Mild Breeze to the Northwest (at start). FRIENDLY: 3 Co/1 Bn/310...
  19. Double Deuce

Updated Table A9 A10

Glad I found this before I started really getting into my new campaign.
  20. Double Deuce

3rd Co, 1st Bn, 310th Rifle Regiment, 8th Rifle Division: SASL CG- Sept 1939 – July 1941

Since it's been a long time since I played one of these, I figured I'd give it another go. Also, rather than go with the standard SASL Russian Rifle Company 1938-11/41, I am using the one listed in Michael Dorosh's, 'Scenario Designer's Handbook'. This will leave me considerably short some...