Search results

1. Cpl Uhl

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Maybe a better scenario title would be Driving Overloaded Trucks into the Kill Zone is the Essence of Defeat. Just sayin....
  2. Cpl Uhl

BRT CG III AAR

That should be comforting. 😫
  3. Cpl Uhl

The Generalissimo's Own (AP55)

Learning from what I DIDN'T do, I'd say DON'T set up too far forward, try to kill vehicles for cvp and peck away at infantry from afar.
  4. Cpl Uhl

Fox Company at Toktong Pass - FCaT3.5 Mortars Questions

If I may add another Fox rule question? MUST the USMC place the shellhole counters or can they leave them offboard, unused? Also, do units move In and Out of shellholes per Foxhole rules (Cot, FF, then 1 to Enter Shellholes) or per Shellhole rules (COT +1 all at once)? If the latter, to...
  5. Cpl Uhl

LFT's new HASL map.

Without the slopes and fences! 👍👍👍
  6. Cpl Uhl

New members introduce yourself here!

...and that's the Key. 😊
  7. Cpl Uhl

I remember sitting in a little alcove in a little overpriced apartment in Palo Alto, California, totally engrossed in Chapter K boot camp and my then-girlfriend asking "is it really THAT interesting?", translation: "more interesting than me?" Broke up with her a year later. Still playing ASL...
  8. Cpl Uhl

Agree, the comic-book "Sarge" schtick was kinda stupid, but running through the drills was a good way to learn.
  9. Cpl Uhl

If you can get your hands on the old Chapter K from Paratrooper, it's a great "boot camp" for learning the basics.
  10. Cpl Uhl

CH21 A RIDGE TOO FAR

Thanks for posting about these more obscure CH seaborne assault scenarios. Indeed with relatively few SB assault scenarios it's nice to see how these play.
  11. Cpl Uhl

LFT's new HASL map.

Oh, well cancel my order then X. You guys are going soft. Sheez, designers these days...😉
  12. Cpl Uhl

LFT's new HASL map.

Wait, did you say "we went on the battlefield"? Toktong is in N Korea. Do tell us about that visit please.
  13. Cpl Uhl

GRENADIER´21: ASL Tournament, Germany, - CANCELED -

Your confusing M. Koch with K. Koch, who is a woman ASLer often attending Grenadier.
  14. Cpl Uhl

Wow, thanks Michael for the good work you and your unit are doing for the people of the area. Let's hope they can get their lives back together quickly.
  15. Cpl Uhl

FTF Opponents: What method do you use?

Interesting approach. I like the idea of sticking with a side/place for a while to get to better understand the nuances.
  16. Cpl Uhl

Well, I checked almost every day for a while, then gave up. Usually Michael posts the scenarios by June/July and I can use some of the summer vaca to prep, but looks like everything's off in this second year of COVID and with the Delta nothing is for sure. No critique of Da Man - I'll be...
  17. Cpl Uhl

MMP Berlin scenario!!!

Ok, so now there's more than one scenario again....😈
  18. Cpl Uhl

MMP Berlin scenario!!!

Great to see Berlin get the "professional" treatment. I enjoyed CH's version, but it was rife with typical annoying issues. Never played the HOB product, but that came out, what 30 years ago? ASL development and production has evolved quite a bit since.
  19. Cpl Uhl

Declining to attack in CC

Penal sprints are always preferable to penal stents. IMO. YMMV.
  20. Cpl Uhl

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Great scenario with the shit hiiting the fan from T1 and only getting more intense as you go. Did that Tower come in to play at all? Can be hard for the Germans to get up there for Control.