Search results

1. Tuomo

Martin Mayers - are you out there?

It seems to carry with it a certain cachet. I do believe I'll give it a try: Hey @Jazz - thou art a varlet! Mwa HAH!
  2. Tuomo

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

That is one angry looking Frenchman.
  3. Tuomo

Once Hollow Legions is released.

"Working velocity" is a term that has never been applied to MMP :)
  4. Tuomo

ASL Board 77

Yeah, we've been grinding on this long enough.
  5. Tuomo

ASL Board 77

EFFECT, not AFFECT. ;)
  6. Tuomo

ASL Board 77

I think OCD is much more a chracteristic of ASL than it's given credit for. I'm anal. I stress over map details at 2000% scale. But when Perry and Klas sat down with Sarge to go over the Manila map, they caught a bunch of things I missed. If there's a pill for OCD, keep it away from MMP cuz I...
  7. Tuomo

#55: Castles on the Horizon

But in the desert, everything can see everything else, just at longer ranges. Are you saying that the extra range is what helps the Germans here, or maybe that you're hoping the hillocks would block some LOS?
  8. Tuomo

Pegasus Bridge

This site (https://war-documentary.info/pegasus-bridge-benouville) has an interesting discussion of the two bridges. I guess the Orne River bridge pivoted to allow boat traffic. Ah, those French.
  9. Tuomo

Latest MMP release

Creating them is trivial. I think everyone can assume that pretty much anything can be made as an overlay. I don't think it's MMP's job, though, to make scenarios using them - isn't it up to scenario designers to do that, then submit them to MMP? Now, printing overlays on a clear background...
  10. Tuomo

Bds 87 & 88?

MMP likes to let these things marinate with the early buyers for a while. I know it hurts those early buyers who want to use VASL, but yeah. Usual marination time... 4-8 weeks, as a total guess?
  11. Tuomo

Will we ever see an official Battle of Berlin HASL from MMP?

I'd be up for doing the map. Fate has led me to gaining experience with big city maps, especially of the heavily-damaged variety.
  12. Tuomo

Is this cheating

Has anyone ever done this, and why?
  13. Tuomo

Wake up, jerkface, it's your move!
  14. Tuomo

The Sun Blindness penalty doesn't seem to warrant taking the time to swing the attack to the N-S axis, does it? Loved the notion of putting ASL World Championship tickets in chocolate bars. Some poor kid from Birmingham would find it, show up, and Shock The World. For bonus cross-cultural...
  15. Tuomo

"Ghost Army" veteran obituary

That Sun Tzu feller sure knew his Gamesquad.
  16. Tuomo

Why do you buy Critical Hit products? (anonymous poll)

I see it as my Retirement Cash Cow, baybee! Rodney told me if i just signed that piece of paper, eventually the royalties would come a-rollin' in!
  17. Tuomo

Death Ride Kursk by Grognard Simulations.

The Russians may have won the battle but the Germans won the Marketing War.
  18. Tuomo

Has HASL's re-working era finally came?

I don't care if you people buy these. For me, it's entirely worth it to go back and update these maps. Genuine hill-colored hills in PB. Hex KK11 actually appearing between KK10 and KK12. Stuff like that. Twenty years of OCD resolved in one big FWOOSH of relief. Ahhhhhhh.......
  19. Tuomo

Action Pack 17 - what's needed to play all scenarios....

Ya forgot one thing, Klas: A STOUT HEART
  20. Tuomo

Inor Map Question

Steve and anyone else who wants the Inor VASL file, complete with the CG VP dots. Send me a private message with your email and I'll get it off to you. Meanwhile I'll get it in the pipeline so that it becomes the auto-download version.