Search results

1. fenyan

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

This is a project I've been working on for years--adding some 3-D to the DASL boards. Made some progress this past weekend. Next step on-- add some "skins" to the sides of the buildings.
  2. fenyan

October 25

Love Kenneth Branaugh in Henry V:
  3. fenyan

DASL19 The Mailed Fist (aka A13 and Z12)

I've only played the original, and in my notes we both thought it fun and would play again; however I did note that an extra turn would be recommended for the German side which is what new version has.
  4. fenyan

Someone in the distance launched fireworks for about 10 minutes when they won.
  5. fenyan

PROKHOROVKA! game on pre-order now at advancingfire.com!!

So do the tank riders feel sleepy or lax on tank zzz?
  6. fenyan

ASLOK XXXV - Official TD AAR

If anyone could post what kind of balance provision they used in To the Last Man, I'd greatly appreciate!
  7. fenyan

Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

But don't you find it ironical that the most detailed information on CH products is at Desperation Morale?
  8. fenyan

Why do you buy Critical Hit products? (anonymous poll)

If you look at a lot of other games, they've died for lack of support. I think the TPPs kept people in and coming to ASL at a crucial point in the history of the hobby.
  9. fenyan

Rising Sun Reprint

I seem to remember it was around 100.
  10. fenyan

Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

Awesome Perry! Would be great to see this module.
  11. fenyan

Modern Classic Scenarios.

Thank you gents for the recommendation of Fiery Finale; got to play this yesterday and the appearance of the 251/16 firing flame on 6-2-8s on either side was quite a surprise! Really enjoyed the scenario. Personally I would not mind playing many scenarios several times over!
  12. fenyan

Dispatch #52 was transmitted today.

Enjoyed going through the Concealment article by Carl. Really good tips there.
  13. fenyan

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

ASL 4 The Commissar's House Have never played this classic, it was 154-154 on ROAR last time I looked. 17 of us met for our annual club barbecue meeting where we voted on a scenario to play; I randomly got put into the three-player game and played the defending Russians against two German...
  14. fenyan

Pinned Topics

15. fenyan

Inor die cutter problem

In the interim I would recommend looking into something like this to help store the game (not sure if this is the right size):
  16. fenyan

Starter Kits Geomorphic Maps

What Robin said... Personally, I slice my geo maps in half, right along the crease.
  17. fenyan

Use of demo charges within buildings

I asked this same question last week (our group is prepping to play ASL 4 The Commissar's House, where there is a fortified building with two stairwells) and got this response from a local player: "A DC can NOT be used to breach stairs like a hexside. Your choices are to break/reduce the guys...
  18. fenyan

LFT next module: The Green Hell of Inor.

Thank you Ritterkrieg for my copy. The map's color palette looks nice as I sit in my recliner holding the sturdy paper stock it was printed on. After a quick look, I'm encouraged to try those night scenarios.
  19. fenyan

GS up for sale again?

Yeah who knows what'll happen in the future. I do get a lot out of looking up rules questions and scenario aar's here.
  20. fenyan

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

I was never trained to use that tool. When I tried it, it gave me a high contrast image but I couldn't seem to view the vectors. I'd imagine you'd need to do a lot of cutting and splicing. My version is pretty old so maybe the newer versions are better.