Search results

1. Robin Reeve

LOS buttons suddenly unavailable

Hi all, Strange bug here. Using VASSAL 3.5.8/VASL 6.6.2. The LOS buttons and functions worked well, but now the buttons are shaded and unusable... Any clue to solve this problem? Thanks in advance for the answers.
  2. Robin Reeve

A13.1 Footnote 19 : nationalities which cavalry is depicted in ASL scenarios

Hi all, I was wondering about the development of the game from its beginning and made a search about cavalry depicted in scenarios, as the A13.1 Footnote 19 says : "little has been written concerning the battles fought by Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Finnish, Greek, or Japanese cavalry...
  3. Robin Reeve

HW/Banzai charge entering Location with Hipster (A12.15)

Hi all, A HW/Banzai charging unit enters a brush Location (no PTO bamboo transformation applying) containing a HIP unit. What does the HIP unit become ? A12.15 is clear that it doesn't bump back the HW/Banzai unit, but I cannot find the rule paragraph which gives further detail (A12.41 is only...
  4. Robin Reeve

Phase marker - doesn't go further than Turn 10

Hi, I just played a scenario with 11 turns, and the Phase marker indicated Turn 1 when I clicked Next Phase after the last CCPh of the second player's Turn 10. Not a dramatical issue, but perhaps could it be possible to have the marker go up to 99 turns? Or, more practically, to 29?
  5. Robin Reeve

A4.72 and 12.14 : Advance into Difficult non open ground Terrain and concealment

Does a concealed unit which advances in Difficult Terrain (A4.72) into a hex which is not Open Ground (as defined in A10.531) (cf. A12.14) in the LOS of a good order enemy unit retain concealment? Yes, concealment is retained. ....Perry MMP
  6. Robin Reeve

Activation of units which don't fire

Hi, I see some rules which say that, when an activated S? does not perform a concealment-loss activity, the units remain concealed : S3.32 ADVANCE ATTITUDE, case d S5.3 under MANDATORY ENEMY ATTACK : "each non-firing unit remains concealed" I presume that 5.3 is the decisive text to confirm...
  7. Robin Reeve

A10.532 TI Interdictor ?

Hi, just need to check things : am I right that a TI unit may not Interdict? A10.53 speaks of "an unbroken enemy unit capable of fire on it [the routing unit]" : as a TI unit is not capable of fire, I presume that it cannot interdict. No mention of TI in 10.532, though - but I presume that 10.53...
  8. Robin Reeve

Overlays not appearing

Hi all, I and a friend, using the last VASL and VASSAL versions had a problem with an overlay. I set up the board using the old fashion overlay placement system, but my friend could not see the overlay (a stream one). But when he used the drag and drop overlay system, we both saw it - in my...
  9. Robin Reeve

S8.62 ENEMY Final Fire

Hi all, Still relearning SASL after a lapse of about 15 years or more... S8.62 FIBAL FIRE says "A Good Order Activated ENEMY unit eligible to Final Fire will do so if it has a Target." The rule mentions the ENEMY Attack Table {A3} but not the Action DR - while the latter is clearly mentioned for...
  10. Robin Reeve

Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas to all of you! May you all find some rest and peace in these strange times ! We, gamers, know that there are other places for our mind to wander in, than the everyday life: may we find ways to help our kin and neighbours go through their diverse trials with that "vision beyond"...
  11. Robin Reeve

S15.1 Friendly units BPV calculation

Hi all, I am cross posting this from the rules folder, because there are more players who practice SASL over here and who can answer my question. Trying a comeback to SASL after perhaps 15 years of being away from that system. And I have a basic question about the 130 BPV of Infantry MMC. S15.1...
  12. Robin Reeve

S15.1 Friendly units : BPV calculation.

Hi all, Trying a comeback to SASL after perhaps 15 years of being away from that system. And I have a basic question about the 130 BPV of Infantry MMC. S15.1 says that you use rules H1.2-26, H1.28 and H1.74-83. Do you add the PF range to the German squads BPV after H1.211? And do you multiply...
  13. Robin Reeve

US MVA Note F : bow mounted FT on place of BMG

Hi all, I don't remember having seen any scenario featuring a FT substituting a BMG on US tanks where note F applies. I only have one picture if that type of adaptation on the cover of Liddel-Hart's history of WW2. If that feature was current enough to be pointed out in chapter H, it seems that...
  14. Robin Reeve

D9.3 Partially armored cover?

Hi, D9.3 says that "An unarmored vehicle exerts no TEM until it becomes a wreck. " What about a partially armored vehicle ? D1.22 still calls it an AFV, so I presume that it does exert TEM when it is not a wreck (yet). Do I get it right?
  15. Robin Reeve

Swedish Volunteers counters

Hi all, I tried to download the "True Blue Swedish Volunteers" from vasl.info, but it didn't work. There is an indication about a "Post on Gamesquad by CountermanCX", but clicking on the link, it leads to the GS main page... Are there those Swedish Volunteers counters somewhere? Thanks in...
  16. Robin Reeve

A17.2 Wounded movement and A4.72 Advance in Difficult Terrain

Hi all, Just to check, A17.2 says that a wounded SMC "cannot Double Time". But if it advances at a cost of 3 MF, I presume that it will become CX and that such advance (covered by Advance in Difficult Terrain), not being Double Time, is allowed?
  17. Robin Reeve

D3.7 MA disabled Recall effects

Hi all, D3.7 says : "Any vehicle whose MA and all Secondary Armament (if any, as per Vehicle Listing) are all disabled is immediately Recalled (5.341) unless that vehicle has Passenger/Towing capability. " Does this Recall status include the "+1" DRM that is the effect of a STUN result? I...
  18. Robin Reeve

D3.7 and 5.34 When can an AFV be stunned during RPh?

D3.7 says : "Repair of each malfunctioned weapon can be attempted once per RPh with a separate dr for each malfunctioned weapon by any inherent crew that is not shocked or stunned." As the Stun marker is removed during the preceding CCPh and as the AFV is no more stunned, what situation would...
  19. Robin Reeve

D4.3 Underbelly hit: range and Location of the event

Hi all, D4.3 UNDERBELLY HITS says that an Underbelly hit can occur vs. an AFV "within six hexes of the hex being entered". However, it also says that "such Defensive First Fire is conducted after the AFV expends the MP to cross-the-hexside/exit-the-gully but before it enters the next hex"...
  20. Robin Reeve

logfile saving problem

Hi, The problem is on my side, as I have had the same with two different players. When I want to end a logfile, I have an error message saying that I wasn't able to save the logfile. Now, if I use the "close game" function (i.e. not stopping the logfile), the logfile is correctly saved... But in...