Search results

1. Robin Reeve

Cost for Leaving Elevated Road

B5.4 : "Only entrance of an Elevated Road hex through a non-road hexside differs." It is 1 MP.
  2. Robin Reeve

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

I don't understand what you mean. I just shared my experience and I am quite sure that the problem is on the side of Dropbox (I seem to have had the same problem in another, non VASSAL, related occasion).
  3. Robin Reeve

The "ASL is a game of maneuver" theory.

As you asked the same question on FB, Jan, I will answer as I have over there. You have been playing ASL for years now. What would your answer be to the question? Is ASL to you mostly based on firepower? I would add that, as you have a good experience of the game, you should know that a...
  4. Robin Reeve

And/Or VC

VC can avoid the and/or thingie by stating : "X wins by controlling either or both objectives A or B" "X wins by controlling one or two of objectives A or B."
  5. Robin Reeve

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

I stopped storing my l logfiles on Dropbox, as it sent me messages that the file already existed. I switched to Google Drive. Happliy the problem doesn't occur with other file servings, as I like Dropbox a lot.
  6. Robin Reeve

And/Or VC

A. and/or is to avoid an exclusive or (XOR).
  7. Robin Reeve

Default VASL settings

I would prefer that default, but some players don't.
  8. Robin Reeve

What next?

Ok, Tim. There is no real possibility of interacting rationally with you it seems. I will end communicating with you until you move out of your strange soliloquy to engage in a real dialogue.
  9. Robin Reeve

What next?

I have expressed myself as a forum member first, as nothing could lead me as mod to sanction Tim. But he may alienate himself from us if he keeps with his strange ways...
  10. Robin Reeve

What next?

Tim, It has been months during which we patiently have tried to answer your questions asked in a very approximative and uninformed way. We have repeatedly suggested that you refer to the rules and try to have a rulebook handy. I even offered to purchase one for you Now, you state that the...
  11. Robin Reeve

OT - Who else publishes war games similar to MMP?

ASL is more game than simulation, anyway.
  12. Robin Reeve

Concealed CC with a foxhole

The "must" of my answer was in relation with the APh as the moment you decide to enter the foxhole or not. You always have the choice to enter it or not (EXC you cannot overstack your units in a foxhole of course).
  13. Robin Reeve

Concealed CC with a foxhole

You must place the unit in the foxhole at the moment it advances into the Location. It cannot enter or exit it at the conclusion of the CCPh.
  14. Robin Reeve

What next?

I don't see where you were insulted here.
  15. Robin Reeve

ATRs, cowering, and PBF OH MY!

Yes to all, when using the IFT and not the TH table of course. To be precise, it is the firer who cowers, not the weapon.
  16. Robin Reeve

What next?

Don1 should come over here and ask his questions directly - but I seem to remember that he doesn't use Internet or something like that? The practical answer to the use of a car for an officer is to move him fast from a place to another. Scenarios also depict features that were present in a given...
  17. Robin Reeve

What next?

Tim, you don't have the scenario card, you don't want to go fetch your rulebook and you state that it is a staff car... Hongkongwargamer provided the information that there are a Kfz 1 and a Kfz 4 in the OB. And you are asking if counters exist for them. If course there are! The old Stonne...
  18. Robin Reeve

What next?

Well, Tim was evoking an actual scenario. If he could tell us precisely what counter was represented, it would help us determine what he was speaking about.
  19. Robin Reeve

What next?

A Jeep is not a car... I wonder what it is. 🤣 I am quite sure that the "staff car" is just a Kubelwagen. US generals used Jeeps. German note 94