Search results

1. apbills

Is this cheating?

as long as they're HIP and I don't have to constantly "clear" the board to see the terrain, I see no problem. Put all the notes/arrows/notations you want.
  2. apbills

VASL 6.6.1 counters font is fuzzy

I had not noticed an issue with the chat window. When I paste in this window the dots appearance to be more fuzzy than what I see on my monitor.
  3. apbills

VASL 6.6.1 counters font is fuzzy

My menu bar is a bit fuzzy, but that is due to it being so small - the lack of pixels given the small size of that bar forces it to be that way: The Actual units on the map are quite nice: I am using VASSAL 3.4.12 and VASL 6.6.1. Monitor is a 4k 28" monitor.
  4. apbills

Falling Rubble, RF Cellars

Perhaps the nuance of my question was not understood. In an RB game, assume a setDC is in the cellar of O18 and rubbles that Location. Does the Falling Rubble drm get a +3 or a +2? The B24.12 states in part "...The colored dr is modified by +1 for each non-rooftop level of the building hex...
  5. apbills

Falling Rubble, RF Cellars

O6.1 states in part: "A RF Cellar Location is considered the equivalent of another non-rooftop building Location in that hex (even for falling rubble [B24.12] and Victory Condition purposes) except as specified otherwise. " What does that mean for Falling Rubble? B24.12 states in part: "The...
  6. apbills

Manila HASL - Good news, Bad news

No. Neither of those 2 times would be possible for me. I don't have the physical space to do it.
  7. apbills

I agree with the premise, however, in practicality there is a limit on what size mapboard any individual can play. On VASL, no limits, in person, limited to what you have to work with. For me that means roughly 4'x8', however, I would also say that 4' is about the max size you can effectively...
  8. apbills

Just curious, how do you reach the center of the board? My RB map fits nicely on a 3x4' table, that is twice as tall (at 85 vs 45 hexes) and almost three times as wide (2J (36) vs 4T (96) hexes) (if my math is correct). That's close to a 9x8' table.
  9. apbills

Concealment loss - Building to Trench in RB

Last sentence of B27.54 states "Infantry moving from one connecting trench to another are never subject to the FFNAM/FFMO DRM, Snap Shots, Interdiction, or minefield attacks. ... Units may use Non-Assault Movement between connecting trenches without loss of concealment." In Chapter O, RF6 it...
  10. apbills

Overlays for Red Barricades from Red October

Thanks, that got me where I wanted to go. You have to have the VASLOverlays_v2.03.vmdx installed in order to get that Overlay menu item. Once I installed that, I was good to go.
  11. apbills

Overlays for Red Barricades from Red October

So I am just ignorant on the current VASL. When I choose the board, I have the following dialog window. I don't see an "Overlays" button, although there is the "Add overlays" button. I select Add overlays and I get the below, which will not work unless I have the overlay file. When I go to...
  12. apbills

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

I was looking at the RB transformations on this board and see all the Gutted Factories, but I did not see any of the alternative terrain changes that came with RF. Is there a project for making these? I'd like to add a piece of variety into the RB campaign if possible.
  13. apbills

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Enhancement Suggestion: OBA Draw pile window. Normally a player would only see that his opponent has an OBA draw pile, not what is actually in it. Is there any way to make VASL only display the stack and name on that stack, and hide the black/red card numbers from your opponent? This comes...
  14. apbills

Red Barricades irrelevant moon meaning

It means they goofed. You still need to use the Moon Phase, The Roll on the table is irrelevant, you cross reference the "Overcast" row with the moon phase to determine the NVR.
  15. apbills

OBA Access Draw text color

I have no idea if this has been around forever, however, using VASSAL 3.4.8 / VASL 6.6.1 I have changed my chat window background in my preferences to black and my system messages to white. When you draw an OBA card, it comes in as black text (and was hidden). None the other text color choices...
  16. apbills

VASSAL 3.4.9 Released

My reason for asking is that I tend towards long campaign games that sometimes take a year to complete. given what we are seeing with the VASSAL upgrades, it appears I need to keep each version of VASSAL with which I start a game and need to just keep with that version for that game until it is...
  17. apbills

VASSAL 3.4.9 Released

I think that answers my question as they are not necessarily compatible and we should worry about it enough to always use the same versions.
  18. apbills

VASSAL 3.4.9 Released

These VASSAL releases are coming very quickly. Are the 3.4.x series all compatible or do we need to worry about incompatibilities between players?
  19. apbills

html help in VASL

I figured it out. Below is what I can place in the line and it will show as a red 28 <html><span color="red">28</span> Don't know if there is something simpler, but that works.
  20. apbills

html help in VASL

I use html extensively, I have a complete html rulebook. The issue is it does not seem to work in the generic counter piece when I try to make the MP red.