Search results

1. rreinesch

2021 Texas Team Tournament

We are still a 'go' for the tourney this year. I'm continuing the prep for the tourney and am making good progress on getting everything lined up. With that I want to announce that I've decided on the scenario for Ferocity Fest this year. We'll be doing OtO-23 Cooked Hamman from Onslaught to...
  2. rreinesch

The Texas Team Tournament kicks off exactly 3 months from yesterday (June 17-20 here in Austin), and yes we are still a 'go'. Got my first vaccination shot today, and the overall vaccination availability looks like anyone that wants one should be able to get one by June. We'll continue to take...
  3. rreinesch

In our case it is very loosely structured. As in many of the events we sponsor during the tourney, we try to provide everyone attending the opportunity to vie for some hardware. Ultimately for everyone attending the tourney, I'll develop 3-player teams based on my understanding of each players...
  4. rreinesch

Just a quick note to all that as of now the 2021 edition of the Texas Team Tournament here in Austin is still a go. Trends with vaccine availability continues to look promising so continuing to plan as though we will get the tourney in this year. We'll hold it June 17-20. All of the details can...
  5. rreinesch

Finn Project

All geo boards for this pack. will have 2 standards, 1 double wide, and a new one for BFP what we are calling a half-wide board (a Fort-style board). I'll try to get you some images here in a bit. Not near my design computer at the moment.
  6. rreinesch

Banzai!! 25.3 is now available for free download

Banzai!! 25.3 is now available! Welcome to this very special edition of the newsletter of Texas ASL, Banzai!!. We received it a little late for the previous issue, but a very detailed and inciteful analysis of RO5 Men of Steel from the indomitable Rich Spilky and his partner in crime Frank...
  7. rreinesch

OS-10, Greyhounds

It is a typo. It should be BPV.
  8. rreinesch

Banzai!! 25.2 Is Now Available For Free Download

Thanks, Klas. I've amended the text to reflect the proper usage.
  9. rreinesch

Banzai!! 25.2 Is Now Available For Free Download

Banzai!! 25.2 is now available! Welcome back to another edition of the newsletter of Texas ASL, Banzai!!. I hope everyone is staying safe from Covid-19 and getting at least a little playing time in. We have a great issue lined up for you. I have pulled together some basic ASL fundamentals to...
  10. rreinesch

The Battle of Manila 1945

Something in playtesting. Been working on the map for this for a while now. The fighting in the Umurbrogols was definitely nasty, and terrain that I hope to be able to capture in our map.
  11. rreinesch

MG Cupolas

Dear Perry, An Armored Cupola armed with only a HMG is manned by an Infantry Crew. Rule A7.9 states, in pertinent part, “…or any form of vehicular fire.” The HMG Cupolas are also governed by rules D9.5-.51. The last sentence of rule D9.5 states, “An Armored Cupola is considered the...
  12. rreinesch

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

OtO-11, SBR-3: The German Pillboxes cannot set up facing northwest or southwest.
  13. rreinesch

Yeah, for consistency it should be there. Though luckily the drms and references are still good.
  14. rreinesch

CtR HASL Map Question

The rubble in CC22 is a part of the original 2 hex building. There could have been a larger dot there. There is a black bar on the building between the DD22 and CC22 hexes which also designate the two hexes as one entity.
  15. rreinesch

Prioritizing Hozan Storage - Suggestions Needed

Oh ye of little faith :)
  16. rreinesch

Captured Tanks

What he said. The vehicle notes will outline any penalties or lowered breakdown numbers associated with the vehicle. Historically those captured vehicles were refurbished for their own use by the respective capturing side, as well as their crews would have familiarized themselves with the...
  17. rreinesch

Armory pages?

I have updated the BFP armory (version 4) to include OtO2. It is now available on the BFP download page, and also out in the Download section of Texas-asl.com
  18. rreinesch

Consolidated errata and sticky errata with an effective date of July 12, 2020 will be posted to the BFP website shortly.
  19. rreinesch

Ctr HASL Map terrain question

Those are all cliff hexsides. There isn't a single instance of a hedge on the Corregidor HASL map. It is most likely an artifact of the printing process that the background color may have influenced the shading of the color of the hexsides. Again, they should all be treated as cliffs.
  20. rreinesch

There is an error on the counter for the ISU-152. The physical counter should not have a superior side/rear turret indication. In OtO-04, 06, 07, 08, and 10, the ISU-152 counter representation should not have a superior side/rear turret indication.