Search results

1. TopT

Kibitzing

If Jim responds though we are all good, as we will know that they are rolling bones in heaven☠.
  2. TopT

Texas ASL & CoW 2020

Thanks
  3. TopT

Texas ASL & CoW 2020

Does anyone have a contact info, for the Texas ASL site, so that I can send my latest (and final) Chronology of War 2020? Thanks
  4. TopT

Night & Freedom of Movement

In that regards, what about granting FoM on T2?
  5. TopT

Night & Freedom of Movement

If a leader (with Freedom of Movement) is stacked with an AFV, can it grant that AFV freedom to move? If the answer is yes, my 2nd question involves a particular scenario SSR that states that the AFV does not have freedom of movement on T1. If the answer to my 1st question was yes, could a...
  6. TopT

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

In this play, we didn't get far enough to find out if the German player had any tunnels. When you lose the OBA, almost every move is a down 2 shot and my opponent's avg. DR was a 6.65. It was deadly :) Why would you forfeit a fortified building location in order to obtain a tunnel? 3 locations...
  7. TopT

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

and... numerous 4 down 2 shots that he seemed to only roll a 1,3. I'd wanted to play Rob for quite some time and he basically stopped me cold. It was brutal. I threw in the towel before my T2 would end with 3 squads KIA and 5 broken on top of wire. Tough nut to crack with no OBA. Nothing seemed...
  8. TopT

ASLOK XXXV

That is correct. I was only responding about the possibility of actually entertaining the thought of holding the tournament. I am in the camp that you should have to show proof, that you have received a vaccine, in order to attend. Covid-19 is not going anywhere soon and will be with us well...
  9. TopT

ASLOK XXXV

Has there ever been an attendee from Israel? Just one comment on Israel's numbers. Those numbers do not take into account any Palestinians. There are 7M Israelis and 4.5M Palestinians (in Israel & the occupied zones). Almost zero Palestinians have been vaccinated. UAE & Bahrain are doing well...
  10. TopT

Have You Ever (v2)

I had a crew fail it's immobilization TC, bail out, survive all DFph action but then was able to re-enter the AFV and destroy the same German AFV that immobilized it in the first place. It was then out of the action as it was NT and my opponent avoided it's CA
  11. TopT

VOTG - SASL CGIV (AAR)

No, I understand that. I have read about Stalingrad a lot. I have always thought that the Russian's standard operating procedures were to attack en masse at night only. I am surprised that it is an option. Come December that changed as the German's were severely limited by casualties &...
  12. TopT

VOTG - SASL CGIV (AAR)

I would definitely pick #2. I was surprised that the Russians were going to assault in the daylight at all.
  13. TopT

Nor'easter Pack II

I was going to buy the pack anyways but I am really looking forward to seeing the Iwo scenario.
  14. TopT

Pacific mini series

I've watched both series a few times. I definitely like BoB better and I'm a gyrene. The production value was much stronger for BoB. They really wanted to make a remarkable series and I think they more than succeeded. I liked the Pacific series as well but not as much as BoB.
  15. TopT

VOTG - SASL CGIV (AAR)

Yes. I am really just enjoying the heck out of this thread as it seems so genuine.
  16. TopT

Is this cheating?

They are just a reminder of what you want to do -nothing more. They do not, at all, change anything in the playing of the scenario. They give that person zero gain AND once the opponent starts firing, they are probably worthless. You could tell your opponent that you have the arrows HIP'd but I...
  17. TopT

Vietnam war not WWII - but interesting. 20% of US troops in Vietnam were heroin addicts.

MP's delivered the a** kicking. I deserved it. So did the MP that I beat up. I told him not to put his hands on me but he just couldn't resist. I believe that Non Judicial Punishment (NJP) is the same as XO's Mast (?) but I thought it was Captain's Mast. It might be a change from when you were...
  18. TopT

Is this cheating?

Is this so that you can envisage your plan of attack? If that is the case I say absolutely not.
  19. TopT

Vietnam war not WWII - but interesting. 20% of US troops in Vietnam were heroin addicts.

That is crap. I say that as a service member that was given a couple of chances to get 'my head in the game'. I had 2 NJP's in my 1st enlistment. The latter NJP I beat up an MP that should have led to a court martial but they just could not hide how bad the MP's beat me up in retaliation. My...
  20. TopT

I was a young marine marksmanship instructor (1983-84) and we had a totally squared away SSgt Vietnam vet, medals galore and I just amazed that he wasn't higher in pay grade. I asked him one day why and he said the same thing "I punched a 2nd Lt". It was a shame.