Search results

1. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Battle of Paris Book is winging it's way to me as I speak.....an early Birthday present..........as is; hopefully a Windows 10 Computer.....................................getting delayed with other things....................:love:...................females seriously interfere with war-gaming...
  2. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Spending time re-stocking Napoleonic pics..........my Windows 7 computer death wiped out about 40%. It is so easy to get lazy with back-up................I did it for videos.........learning the lesson slowly for pics. It is useful to check out miniature figurine sites as they have OOB stuff...
  3. Marshal Lannes

Twas the night before Christmas !

" Keep it Well..........HO !... HO !.................. HO !......................." 🎄... Clement Clarke Moore (1779 - 1863) wrote the poem Twas the night before Christmas also called “A Visit from St. Nicholas" in 1822. It is now the tradition in many American families to read the poem every...
  4. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

La Bataille de Preussisch - Eylau 1975 Boardgame. Recently rummaged through my attic stuff and found a copy of Fire and Movement Magazine - must have got it in a thrift store. It had a review article of the original La Bataille de Preussisch Eylau Boardgame. The first surprise was that this...
  5. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

This is soooooo on my buy list.................:). Which is currently about 43 items of interest...... On the morning of 3 July 1815, the French General Joseph Isidore Exelmans, at the head of a brigade of dragoons, fired the last shots in the defense of Paris until the Franco-Prussian War...
  6. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Now at 6 games titles bought....................with a total saving of $60............... " That would buy 2 more games in the sale ! "....:devilish:......... ".Buy 2 more ! " :devilish:. .........." NO ! ".............." Go on...............you know you want to ! ".:devilish:............. " NO...
  7. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

" I did it again......................I am now up to 5 game titles..........there must be a variant strain of the corona-virus which makes you buy JTS games in the Winter sale.............. and there are still 10 days to go...............😢 ..................."Hello !,...Hello ...
  8. Marshal Lannes

Panzer Campaigns Content

Panzer Campaigns updates for Bulge 44 Gold and Budapest Gold just came out - new 2d graphics.....get it while it's hot or cold. ❄ They should have timed the Bulge one for 16th December for the actual start date of the battle..............synchronous. 🙃. Blocking Kampfgruppe Peiper's...
  9. Marshal Lannes

Panzer Campaigns Content

If you are struggling to make up your mind which game to buy In the recent JTS sale; this might help a bit. There have been 3 new long videos uploaded 2 days ago. Type into you-tube- John Tiller games and then scroll down and you will find; Content and reviews of the following game titles: 1 ...
  10. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

:love:..............................................................................Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !...👍. We are up to 4 now....muuuuust show more self control........have to hide credit card where I will not be able to find it ever again................ I know a good place.........I...
  11. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

The munching has begun..............another 2 titles under my belt...............definitely getting distracted by the American Civil War and Panzer Campaigns games..............maybe I should not always opt for the blonde and go for a brunette or black............temptation and hormones play a...
  12. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

I was planning to do a play-through/Aar of this battle but a) My main computer committed suicide recently and b) Some guy has actually done a whole slew of videos on it. I cannot watch them because of the spoiler effect. It's nice to have Ney in control of a battle...........:). Anyhow - I...
  13. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Jingle bells................. jingle bells......Napoleon Santa's on his way..............Oh what fun it is to try and pay off a huge credit card bill until the month of Maaaaaay .....!...:giggle:. I definitely do believe in Father Wargame Christmas..............I Do !...........I Do...
  14. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Waterloo Update

Check this out Chipmunk - brainers....a new map mode for the 2D view of the John Tiller Napoleonic games series. It is a more classical view and it looks great. Easy on the eye................I never play in close-up 2D but this might change my mind. Will it work with the older HPS games...I...
  15. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

JTS are starting a Winter Sale ❄ of games...........Wait for it !..............starting on 11th December. Why are they announcing it so early.....Huh !.............I have to know why...............I need to know.............I won't be able to sleep at night if I do not know the reason...
  16. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Battle of Gross- Beeren /Blankenfeld. Situation at Game Turn 34 of 60. Bertrand's French force has dissipated the Prussian defense. Some stubborn Prussian batallions still try to hold in isolated positions. They have suffered a large amount of routing; especially their cavalry. The Prussian...
  17. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Got this baby yesterday in a thrift store for a song. Published in 2014 - apparently has a lot of new detail from first hand accounts of individual soldier participants on all sides; taken from fresh recently published accounts. We shall see...............some guy stuck in a large group of...
  18. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

This month - October 1970 - the film Waterloo was released to cinema screens all over the world. 50 years ago..................Anniversary ; which begs the question of why a modern update has not been done for such a long time ?????. Vamperloo or Lord of the Battles ( Middle Europe trilogy )...
  19. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Battle of Leipzig 1813 in 2mm.......................I thought 6mm was small.................can't wait for Nano - Napoleonics.........you can fight the entire 1813 campaign on one skin cell......sign me up for that....:)........I have already ordered a High definition laser - light microscope...
  20. Marshal Lannes

Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

The buy wish list just expands - isn't it always the case.........never realized that the Deluxe Edition was released last year. Pretty pricey........................you have to spend 20 notes just for the fancy box artwork; but it will save me from drooling and possible de-hydration health...