Search results

1. Sean Deller

AAR - Oh, Joy! - RB11

I played this three times in years past; all three were German victories. I thought it was balanced (enough), and enjoyable.
  2. Sean Deller

Battle Harden during MPh...extra MF?

If an Inexperienced Unit battle hardens during the MPh, does it get its 4th MF back for use during that move?
  3. Sean Deller

Boards appear, but counters do not

You're right, Doug. He currently has v6.4. I thought my opponent upgraded both VASSAL and VASL, but it was only VASSAL (which he subsequently had to revert back to 3.2.17). I expect installing v6.5.1 will fix it. Thanks, guys!
  4. Sean Deller

Hi, Michael. I should have mentioned...the scenario is ASL 171, so the counters are Russians & Finns ("core" + HP). I don't think they're coming from an extension?
  5. Sean Deller

What is the cause, and fix, for this error message? When loading a scenario, the boards appear, but the counters do not. We're using VASL 6.5.1 and VASSAL 3.2.17.
  6. Sean Deller

VASSAL 3.4.0 Released

Ain't nobody got time for that! I could be dead in a few weeks.
  7. Sean Deller

VASSAL 3.4.0 Released

VASL 6.5.1 won't load when using VASSAL 3.4.1. Error message says "Incompatible." Anyone else experiencing this? What's the fix?
  8. Sean Deller

AAR - Beasts At Baruth - DB140

This is an absolutely fantastic scenario. The most enjoyable one I've played in a while. Awesome AAR (as always)!
  9. Sean Deller

4 player scenario

FB14 At The Narrow Passage The Buda Volunteer Regiment doesn't have much to work with, but if you are just playing for fun you could beef it up a bit. Also, you might consider modifying the Hungarian and BVR VC so each player can earn a unique victory. This is do-able, and with the right...
  10. Sean Deller

Menage a trois ASL, blind play, team play, etc.

These three-player scenarios are brutally delicious!
  11. Sean Deller

Menage a trois ASL, blind play, team play, etc.

No, the DFPh and CCPh are "weapons free" (i.e., each DEFENDER can fire/attack any target he wishes). (NOTE: This is not true for FB14).
  12. Sean Deller

Leader of the Pack

The most stunning number to me of all of those is 195 plays of The Longest Day.
  13. Sean Deller

Lost & Found - BV sheets & US counters

Two sets of lost counters looking for their homes (see pics): Beyond Valor sheets 2 & 11 (partially punched). I think I found these at Winter Offensive. A handful of U.S. counters were mixed into my U.S. counter tray, possibly when someone borrowed my counters. Probably happened at the...
  14. Sean Deller

VERY SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SK PLAYERS TO LEARN FROM THE BEST ASL PLAYER IN THE WORLD AT ALBANY

Wow...kudos to Joe & Steve for continuing to find creative ways to grow the hobby. This is great. Maybe I'll attend in preparation for my rematch with Peter (every little bit helps).
  15. Sean Deller

Here's to the teachers

Our hobby thrives due to the efforts of great ambassadors like Marty. Well done!!
  16. Sean Deller

FrF98 Amerikanskaya Suka

I agree with Steve 100%. Happy to play either side. I’ll take the Russians in a tiebreaker. Cheers, Sean
  17. Sean Deller

NJ Ferocity Fest - FrF 98 Amerikanskaya Suka

Agreed. This scenario is an excellent candidate for the event like this. Enjoy! Cheers, Sean
  18. Sean Deller

So what's the best game of ASL you played in 2018 (and why) ? And what's the best new scenario you played in 2018 ?

I was lucky enough to play 41 scenarios this past year (the most for quite some time) against 20 different enjoyable opponents. Tough to pick a favorite. In addition to the two mentions above...I want to add the five games I played with Bill Cirillo (we hadn't played since 2016...absolutely...
  19. Sean Deller

So what's the best game of ASL you played in 2018 (and why) ? And what's the best new scenario you played in 2018 ?

Another one of my favorites as well. I love wacky, chaotic scenarios. Especially with fun opponents. Great stuff!