Search results

1. asloser

Vichy French in VASL

Here is the thread where this was discussed along with other combinations needed: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/north-korean-smc-russian-counters.158804/
  2. asloser

#34: Storm of Steel

Great show as always. Could the board edge creep be neutralized by massed use of AT ditches and AT mines on the board edges? Then you can mass all your AT assets middle of the play area on both boards and can avoid long distance pushing guns operations? Also you could concentrate the AT HS...
  3. asloser

The future of the Ersatz VASLeague

YOU seem to know how it should be done and who is eligible to play and who is not. Perhaps YOU need to set up your own league instead?
  4. asloser

Modern e-cards we need

Hmmm. Something tells me our game last night was the inspiration for this.
  5. asloser

Scenario packs we could use!

Pitkäputkinen Sotka anyone?
  6. asloser

Scenario packs we could use!

About 1997-98 i was frustrated the way Finns were depicted in ASL. Now I have myself and couple of others to blame for the way they are.
  7. asloser

Dinant CG (Dennis Brothers)

That sucks. Get well soon. I want to drink some red wine with you guys next ASLOK.
  8. asloser

That's Our Dave

Well, at the beginning of this session I felt I had a solid position. Not anymore- I just felt I needed that Lee with both guns Malfd back but this backfired royally. Tried to use the Stuart to get into more even position but that back fired as well. Still lots can happen, including Dave finally...
  9. asloser

Scenarios We Need: The Battle of Bengtskär

Good to hear. Hopefully it turns out nicely! There is another island Fight in Summer of 1942 at Someri. Have you looked into that? IMO it has more potential. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Someri And then of course the German landings in September of 1944 at Suursaari...
  10. asloser

Hmm. Was I too serious?
  11. asloser

I have looked at this. It is a quite small island. If someone makes a map I can have a look but there is not much of a game here I'm afraid.
  12. asloser

That's Our Dave

Yes it has been updated. Russian tanks have lost all special ammo and the German OB has been tinkered with. Our game is still pretty open - you'll get our verdict soon on a YouTube channel near you.
  13. asloser

Hybrid tournament, FTF and VASL. Any interest in such an event.

Over the top? Why, you just described the average Finnish ASL gathering.
  14. asloser

#32: Berated at Baranovichi

ROAR is only a guide, and it is not the only way to assess balance. If something has 28-14 record in ROAR it is saying to me it is doable for both sides and might favour one side- to what degree you'll only know after analysis and possibly play of the scenario
  15. asloser

German Paratroopers 1943+ squad

Lahti ATRs were modified as a makeshift AA weapon in 1944 to use automatic fire. But I think Russian ATRs hit a far better combination of firepower vs mobility vs simplicity.
  16. asloser

German Paratroopers 1943+ squad

How about Finnish 838?
  17. asloser

What style dice do you use, precision or round cornered?

Yeah indeed. I hope your luck ahs picked up!
  18. asloser

What style dice do you use, precision or round cornered?

If you only could use 4sided dice...
  19. asloser

NK leader

I believe this bit was non scrolling before all the KW nationalities were added. I recall looking for North Koreans as well couple of months ago before having a private AHA moment. You were not just used scrolling the nationalities list.