Search results

1. Honosbinda

"Ignorable" rout destinations

There is no need to convolute if non-ignorable means anything other than just that. The dictionary definition of ignorable is sufficient to determine what non-ignorable means and we don't have to interpret or guess what the author of the rules meant when using it! The word does not lose any...
  2. Honosbinda

"Ignorable" rout destinations

This looks correct. On top of that, the word 'ignore' is not in the ASL index as some type of special word with special game meaning. Hence, its definition is found in the dictionaries. Obviously, one must also intentionally not give attention to (ignore) any illegal rout destinations. They...
  3. Honosbinda

What happens when a stack containing a bloke with a flamethrower gets hit by KIA?

The part of the stack without the flamethrower suffers a 1KIA. The flamethrower unit suffers a 2KIA. Just as you reported. How a KIA result is worked out is specified in the rules under A7.301. A7.301 - An IFT attack vs. units with different DRM in the same Location (e.g., in and out of a...
  4. Honosbinda

Illuminating Rounds Episode 30

It's overboard to take this personally. I was responding to Tuomo's point in his lengthy post and hadn't in the least paid attention to your activities, nor cited them. In fact I am in agreement with the idea that guards be allowed to deploy once -- that is, one time -- in order to handle...
  5. Honosbinda

The usual counter-argument, but It's a lot worse and you are 'truly pure' not to be playing that way and good for you. As I'm equally sure you are not in the least hesitant using VBM freeze and you shouldn't be, because it's a baked-in tactic that is ASL to the bone. Whether one thinks it should...
  6. Honosbinda

ugh @ people who do this, you mean.
  7. Honosbinda

Can Opel Blitz Truck unhook and unload

lol, already available in large doses playing ASL!
  8. Honosbinda

SSR in A27 King's Castle

It's an oversized château called a palace because a king lived there. A rose is a rose is a rose whether or not it's rammed up the king's nethers and c'est la même chose pour le château, mon vielle. I don't think the king ate much pizza, microwaved or not. Pizza was invented in 1889. ?
  9. Honosbinda

SSR in A27 King's Castle

Indy, It just dominates the scene and the whole courtyard effect at weird angles is annoying to me. What can I say, it's visually unappealing and strange SSRs are needed to tone down its citadel effect. Board 6 is okay as long as the chateau from hell is not the objective. Perhaps Robin nailed...
  10. Honosbinda

SSR in A27 King's Castle

An easy fix is not necessarily a good one, and in this case is a lazy one. This designer probably nuked pizza while scribbling up the SSR. ;)
  11. Honosbinda

Can Opel Blitz Truck unhook and unload

Good question. Given that unhooking and disembarking are two distinct procedures and neither rule points to the other indicating simultaneous actions are allowed (except for the crew infantry which would become TI), I would say no. The truck is busy Unhooking for 8MPs then can get on with...
  12. Honosbinda

SSR in A27 King's Castle

True but that doesn't make the scenario fine. It's good to bring up these topics though for discussion and I'm glad Michael did it.
  13. Honosbinda

SSR in A27 King's Castle

How does this in any way explain that a friendly MMC unit on the second floor of the castle is going to cause a +1 CC DRM to a friendly MMC on the ground floor? And vice versa? While not doing the same thing to an enemy who doesn't happen to be positioned in the same way? Narrow and few openings...
  14. Honosbinda

SSR in A27 King's Castle

The SSR are absolutely clear and indeed emphasize with italics that the stacking limit is per hex and apply to each location at each level. So no, it's not some kind of typo. It's deliberate. It's beyond odd. There isn't a reason for this that makes any sense. One could make the case that the...
  15. Honosbinda

Steep Hills Notes on The Korea Terrain Chart

No, the same note is there for regular Hills on the Chapter B terrain chart. Plus, the rules themselves are clear, even if the chart seems overly clear. The rules trump the chart. It may look like unnecessary redundancy, but the note also clarifies that TEM of DOT is not always true for Steep...
  16. Honosbinda

Road Bonus and Narrow Streets

So you're saying that the road movement rate cannot be used by any kind of unit at all unless both hexsides have a road? Surely that is not the intention of these village roads. The unit does not actually go into bypass leaving the hex it is in before it leaves its hex. It goes straight into...
  17. Honosbinda

My interpretation of B3.43 and B34.1 is that entrance of the obstacle in this case would be 'road-negating terrain' because the unit is deriving TEM protection otherwise not allowed per B3.43, just as using the woods for cover along the road would be. Do you have any other 'Socratic method'...
  18. Honosbinda

If you mean infantry enter into the obstacle, I don't think so per B31.1 as the rules mention this is an exception to B3.4, where infantry can ENTER the obstacle via the road. To me the rules for this are clear enough in B3.4 and B31.1 how this works -- YMMV
  19. Honosbinda

They don't have to be on the road to get the road bonus. All they have to do is cross a road hexside. Just as the OP indicated. B3.4 Infantry, Cavalry, and Horse-Drawn units which cross only road hexsides throughout their MPh are entitled to one extra MF provided they do not encounter mines...
  20. Honosbinda

Nice try, yes. I don't see why not. MM49 and NN48 have a road hexside. B31.1 A Narrow Street is represented by a road depiction overprinting ≥ one hexside (EX: hexside 46Z2-AA3). ...Infantry/Cavalry Bypassing along a Narrow Street pay normal Bypass MF costs, but can still (as could a Wagon)...