Search results

1. Spencer Armstrong

What style dice do you use, precision or round cornered?

Yeah, that's the spin-down type I was referring to. I liked the 30 better because armored cars, but the spin-down 20 is pretty good. Chris Doary was selling some that were softball sized a few years ago. They're nice because if you start losing, you can just brain your opponent.
  2. Spencer Armstrong

Also, 20 siders and especially 30 siders tend to be large. I have a small Plano I call my "every game" box that contains my suction cup doohicky, LOS thread, sniper counters, dice, a few tile spacers, etc. The stitch counter fits much better in there.
  3. Spencer Armstrong

These: https://www.amazon.com/AKOAK-Plastic-Counter-Knitting-Crochet/dp/B01N0OTYRI/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=stitch+counter&qid=1603753781&sr=8-5 They go to 99 (yes, that includes 11). Buddy put me on to them in college playing D&D, they've been in my gaming kit ever since. Don't have to...
  4. Spencer Armstrong

When somebody stops, you put it on the appropriate side so you don't have to do the "was this 7 or 8.5" dance all the time. I used to use a 30-sided die for the same purpose, but switched to a knitting stitch counter.
  5. Spencer Armstrong

Precision, round cornered, plain pips. Why? I've tested standard standard dice and had around a 30% failure rate. Never had a precision die fail.
  6. Spencer Armstrong

Swedish Volunteers?

Ditto. Even if they do get removed at the end of the Rally Phase, they're better than halfway between French and German. Highly disappointed in the new ones, wish they'd used yellow lettering or done something to make them interesting.
  7. Spencer Armstrong

Dispatch #50 Transmitted today

This is a huge advantage of digital distribution and I'm thrilled you're taking advantage of it.
  8. Spencer Armstrong

Roma 2020?

The rules are pretty straightforward. I mean, they're not good, but they're pretty straightforward.
  9. Spencer Armstrong

VASL Turret Modification

That looks like eyestrain. Hard pass.
  10. Spencer Armstrong

MMP version of the LFT Rat Pocket Charts in the pipeline?

"More than" is addition, not multiplication, Jim. Too much German rotting your English already? :P
  11. Spencer Armstrong

Less Intense US Colors

Not shocked. His area of specialty is kinda in focus. I saw him quoted in the NYT a month or so back.
  12. Spencer Armstrong

Less Intense US Colors

OH MAH GERD. We finally found a way to improve on two-tone counters! Nobody tell Pitman, I don't want him to die of happiness!
  13. Spencer Armstrong

Less Intense US Colors

I think I prefer them the way they are, they're less likely to blend into the background. Maybe split the difference would be even better?
  14. Spencer Armstrong

MMP version of the LFT Rat Pocket Charts in the pipeline?

Oh...October gonna be ASL-spendy. LFT's have always been ethically and legally borderline. I have them because they're just so handy, but there's no way I can in good conscience not buy the official version.
  15. Spencer Armstrong

ASL never was developed, would you still be playing SL?

Mayyyybe? As it was, we found it unplayably tangled to even figure out which rules were valid by the middle of CoD. Now, if somebody had taken the four rulebooks, consolidated them to one without the replaced sections and then maybe fixed some things... Oh. Wait. So, no. SL had collapsed under...
  16. Spencer Armstrong

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

It's the way it plays. There are a number of clever paths and angles. Especially as you play it lengthwise, every copse of trees seems designed to require both clever approach and defense.
  17. Spencer Armstrong

Enh. The SK boards range from average to awful. The reduced terrain types are... Is there a single stand out board amongst them? It's possible I've forgotten one, but my recollection is that they range from mediocre to average with a couple bad sprinkled in and thus represent ballast as much...
  18. Spencer Armstrong

Do any of you prefer SL or ASLSK to ASL?

Lol. No. SK1 is genius as a launching point but unsatisfactory compared to ASL. SL needed to be reworked into ASL when it was and that hasn't changed.
  19. Spencer Armstrong

I just can't bring myself to spend $65 for a few boards and in support of a product whose very existence sets my teeth on edge. As long as we're clarifying. :P
  20. Spencer Armstrong

FB/BGG/GS I miss the ASLML

He's the main one and the most recent for sure, but there has been a steady bleeding off over the years. Without him here, Klas is stretched too thin. He did the bulk of the rules lifting.