Search results

1. Martin Mayers

Who's in charge of vASL ?

I need to drop them a short line. Can anyone confirm please who I contact?
  2. Martin Mayers

Rain/Mist...

The rules seem to explain the LV that apply for Rain/Heavy rain then go on to say "mist applies". I presume meaning that if it's misty AND raining, that both sets of LV apply in tandem ??
  3. Martin Mayers

"Friendly board edge"...

So, if I have a defender who sets up on a board and an attacker who enters on say H10 purely by way of an example. Does the entire board edge of H10 count as his friendly board edge or just the hex/area that the attacker entered on
  4. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - 20th to 22nd November 2020

Good morning everyone. I hope you and all your family and friends remain well. A quick update on this year's tournament... Martin Vicca asked recently if the issue of local lockdowns puts the tournament this year in doubt. The only transparent way of answering this is to say that this...
  5. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - November 2020

Morning everyone. Quick update on Bounding Fire Blackpool later this year (hopefully). We still have a green light as things stand so fingers crossed... The scenarios are almost organised and we are deep into testing (having a fantastic time with them...bodes well). I shall aim to do a...
  6. Martin Mayers

Control / Blazes...

Got a game at the moment which is absolutely crackers. Half the mapboard has gone up in flames. Neither player kindled. A vehicle brewed up and the wreck blaze spread. The rules for hex control seem to suggest that if a VC hex goes up in this manner that the player controlling most of the...
  7. Martin Mayers

Gun HIP/Concealment...

Hi all. In a play test scenario I have an Order of Battle which includes a couple of guns. The set up directions for the entire OB states "set up concealed..." Does this set up direction prevent the guns from setting up using HIP if emplaced as normally they can. Note, that my thinking is...
  8. Martin Mayers

Nhpum Ga - Maggot Hill...

Setting this up as US side. Really confused and wondering if anyone can help. I've re-read through three times. I simply MUST be missing something. The Americans set up their forces within an approximate square central board around the hill areas. They are theoretically seven hexes from the...
  9. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire 2020 - Blackpool, UK. November 2020

Hi everyone. I hope you all remain well in these strange time. Good news. Having spoken to Charles at the hotel last week he has confirmed that they aim to open in July, and expects to be able to host our tournament in November as things currently stand. We'll send further details over the...
  10. Martin Mayers

Pegasus Bridge - Coup de Main Campaign...

What are people's thoughts on this campaign insofar as 'par for the course' is concerned? Specifically, where do people feel the Brits need to be at the end of Night III in terms of how the rest of the campaign will/should pan out? IF the Brits wipes every single German unit off the map by the...
  11. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - November 2019...

Guys, last call for Bounding Fire Blackpool next months. I'm really concerned about the numbers for this. At the moment there are only 15 of us (including the two organisers, myself and Simon) who have booked accommodation at the hotel. And whilst I have the utmost of respect for those who can't...
  12. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - 21st to 24th November 2019

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. Here's the latest update for the forthcoming BFB tournament in November. The Battle School Minis We are pleased to have the support of Battleschool again this year as sponsor for the Mini tournament This will take place principally on the Thursday but will...
  13. Martin Mayers

Bridges...

Quick question... It's not mandatory for a vehicle or infantry unit to enter a bridge spanning a gully/stream? They can, if they should so choose, enter the gully/stream instead of the bridge. Correct?
  14. Martin Mayers

May a SW set up unpossessed?

Not something I've ever considered up until my current scenario setup...
  15. Martin Mayers

ASL Pocket Rulebook...

Mysterious... What size paper is the pocket rule book actually printed on? It's 7.5" x 9.5"
  16. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire 2019 - Blackpool, UK

Hi all. Just an update on this year's tournament. The website will gradually update over the next months, but note that the registration page is now open for advance payments. Alternatively the option remains to just pay at the event. The site - (BF2019) Simon and I don't intend any major...
  17. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool 2019, Blackpool, UK...

BOUNDING FIRE 2019 - BLACKPOOL, UK 21st-23rd November 2019 Hi all. I hope everyone is keeping well. Just a heads up on this years tournament following my realisation that June is nearly here. Yikes. Firstly. Lesson one from last year was to keep a more organised contact list. So, embarking on...
  18. Martin Mayers

Searching for scenarios....

Is there anywhere I can go, or anyway to go about, searching for scenarios by specific scenario designers ? Any/all help gratefully received Martin
  19. Martin Mayers

Happy Christmas Everybody....

Christmas at the Pound Shop