Search results

1. Carln0130

Trying to locate Tom Arnold

Does anyone know if Tom is active on GS? He left me a message in VASL and I am just trying to reach him. Please IM me if you can help. Thanks, Carl
  2. Carln0130

Need some help getting JAVA to download for a friend

Hello gentlemen. A question for you. I am trying to get someone up and running on VASL, but they do not have Java already on their computer. When we try and download Java, (He is running Windows 10) we were originally stymied by the Edge won't play that issue. We got his default browser over to...
  3. Carln0130

A VASL Option for Tournaments while dealing with a pandemic

Hello guys. It was suggested to me, in light of running a VASL tournament in lieu of our regular in person or "face to face" (ftf) tournament, the Nor'Easter, and the fact that many other tournaments are being forced to cancel or postpone their dates, that I might be able to give some helpful...
  4. Carln0130

Looking for VASL SCW playtesters

Gentlemen, looking for some willing sucke…..um.....players, to playtest some Spanish Civil War scenarios for an upcoming module. We are doing a last tweak of the rules to ensure playtest worthiness and are reviewing the VASL counters so they are good to go too. We are no more than a week from...
  5. Carln0130

To any VASL expert who can answer this

Guys, A question was raised that the Nor'easter traffic, about a dozen games over and above the normal traffic, might crash the server. Thoughts? Thanks, Carl
  6. Carln0130

VASL Nor'Easter

Not dead yet...……….. While certainly not the same, we have decided, at the suggestion of Charlie Hamilton, a long-standing YASL player, to do the tournament on VASL. So, if you have your 3/27-3/29 free, we're doing this thing. Just IM your email to me here in private message if...
  7. Carln0130

Nor'easter Cancelation

Gentlemen, the Nor'easter, due to the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in due to the Corna Virus has been canceled. Unlike the announcement on Facebook, which was clipped, I have decided to provide the full email I shared to the YASL group, which reflects the reasons for our decision...
  8. Carln0130

Playtesters Sought for VASL Playtesting of New Nor'Easter Pack

Gentlemen, The Nor'Easter Pack II is slated for a 2021 release at the time of the 25th anniversary of the Nor'easter tournament in 2021. We need playtesters for the larger offerings in that pack as the smaller ones are already pretty well nailed down. If you have any interest in...
  9. Carln0130

Looking for a counter troll for a Playtest Project. Inquire within.

Hello, as the subject line says. If you could IM me to preserve the privacy of the project, that would be great. Thanks for any interest in advance.
  10. Carln0130

VASL Extension that has Chinese MMG's with the (r) for Russian

Gentlemen, Which extension has the Chinese MMG's with the (r) for Russian made? Any and all help appreciated.
  11. Carln0130

Dug In Tank and TEM

Against Direct Fire, may a Dug In Tank from D9.5, claim TEM vs direct fire shots? Not referring to hindrances or any of that, just TEM. Thanks in advance.
  12. Carln0130

Pinned unit creating a Leader in CC

This came up on FB just now and I was sure the leader would share the status of the unit, in this case, pinned. I can't find anything to back it or deny it. Is anyone aware of any Q&A on this, or of a rule I am missing. Thanks in advance. Carl
  13. Carln0130

VASL Desert League Round 1 Matchups

Gentlemen, Please see the pairings below. Accompanying emails have been sent out. Enjoy. Please do inform me of what scenarios you choose, who is playing which side and any balances you select. I report the games to ROAR. Thanks, Carl Round 1 Pairings 01/16/2019-04/30/2019 James...
  14. Carln0130

VASL Night League Round One Matchups

Ok folks, here are the first round matchups. An accompanying email has already been sent out. Gentlemen, please inform me of the scenarios you have selected to play, the sides the tow players are playing and if there is any balance as I do report these to ROAR. Thanks and enjoy. Round 1...
  15. Carln0130

Openings in the Live VASL Leagues for Desert and Night

Hello Gentlemen ( and occasional lady), There are still a couple of openings in the Live VASL League for Night and a few for the Desert. These leagues are four rounds, three to four month rounds, depending on time of year, and are live VASL, so no PBEM unless agreed on by both players...
  16. Carln0130

2019-2020 Deluxe VASL League

Folks, we have reached the number we need at 16 players. I will be probably too busy to post the match ups until the weekend. If I get a window I will post them sooner. This leaves only the night and desert leagues still looking for recruits. Thanks, Carl
  17. Carln0130

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

Gentlemen, You have all received emails with the matchup info below. If you did not get that email, please email me or contact me through IM here and we will figure out what went wrong. All is explained in the email, so good luck and good gaming. Enjoy. Carl PTO Round 1 January 4th...
  18. Carln0130

To the Desert, Deluxe and Night VASL League Winners & Runners Up

Guys, Still waiting on the Para League to finish it's final match. I can't process the prizes until all is complete. It will be one shipment when done and it is all being garnered from the same place. Also, the prizes are being taylored to the winners, so we wait. Just didn't want you to...
  19. Carln0130

Looking for Andrew Hershey

Andrew, There is a gent named Kevin Conley who has some St. Nazzairre questions for you on the ASL Facebook pages on Facebook. Just a heads up. Hope you are well, Carl
  20. Carln0130

Dinant Scenario Playtesters sought VASL only

As it says. Looking to have a scenario playtested for Dinant using VASL. This is a medium sized scenario. Looking for experienced players only please. No slight against new guys, but this one is in need of some tweaking and it would be asking a lot to get what we are looking for out of a new...