Search results

1. Will Fleming

PTO LOS question

PTO (light) is in effect. Most marsh is swamp, level 2 ostacle. Is this LOS clear? K4 to M7
  2. Will Fleming

VASL dice summary -- any way to customize?

Just wondering if I can change the table colors or just make it black and white. My 'theme' doesn't play well with the table generator for the dice stats.
  3. Will Fleming

Question on VC (DFTB148)

So the Japanese are the defender in this one and have a pillbox and some DC's. The Americans are the attacker and have two pillboxes and some DC's. The VC's are as such: The Americans win at Game End by Controlling/eliminating all Pillboxes and Trenches. a) If the Japanese manage to...
  4. Will Fleming

Area target type TEM vs bypassing units

Say a unit is bypassing a building hex that also has a wall in the hex, but does not cross the LOS or even the hexside being bypassed, say it is on the other side of the building. A MTR fires and hits getting the -2 FFNAM/MO bonus as the LOS does not cross the wall. Does the wall TEM affect...
  5. Will Fleming

Ambush withdrawal to new Ambush/CC?

This is an odd situation. The American HS advanced up the hill and into the trench and became CX, but somehow ambushed the Japanese guy in the pillbox. All Japanese units are in the pillboxes. Can the US HS 'withdraw' to the other trench location? If so, is there another CC? Another ambush...
  6. Will Fleming

Cowering affects on resid

Please look at the image. The two American squads and HMG fire at the Japanese unit in defensive first fire. The roll is a snakes and the non HMG squad ends up cowering. The shot ends up being resolved as 12FP (+2 hindrance). How much resid is left if: A) The HMG keeps its rate of fire? B)...
  7. Will Fleming

Cave to lower level LOS

Orange by me as my opponent and I both think this is the key section. G11.5 LOS: LOS to/from a cave is traced to/from the cave hex's center dot and the cave's level, but can exist only if traced entirely within that cave's CA (exclusive of its CA Hexside vertices only if the cave is IN a...
  8. Will Fleming

A leader and a HS with a PSK walk into a K/1

Say this happens and the result is a K/1 with the HS only getting the CR. Does the leader get a chance to grab the SW before it takes a 1MC (risking break/pin/worse) or can it grab the PSK before taking its 1MC?
  9. Will Fleming

Hull down and underbelly?

The German squad in F10 is in a building and does not have wall advantage. The tank is actually in F11 going over the wall into G11for 2MP. If the German gets a PF, is the tank vulnerable to underbelly hits alone, or can it claim wall advantage (and thus be hull down) as well?
  10. Will Fleming

Inherent hindrance and hills

Does the debris in H10 hinder a shot from I10 to G10 (and vice versa)?
  11. Will Fleming

Carrying a leader with one unit, keeping concealment with another: AM

Can a stack of two half-squads and a wounded leader move into a hex costing 4MF with one HS non-AM (carrying the leader) and the other AM (and keeping concealment say)?
  12. Will Fleming

Gully woods LOS

Can a unit IN J9 see J7?
  13. Will Fleming

Gully brush hinderance

Assuming I didn't botch the gully rules and that an LOS exists between L6 and L8, but does not go through the brush on both sides of the thread, does the shot get +1 hinderance?
  14. Will Fleming

Caves in a crag hex

B17.5 Fortifications other than Wire are not allowed in a crag hex. G11.1 Cave Counters are Fortifications that are available only to the Japanese. G11.1 (a bit later on) A Cave counter may be set up either IN a Depression (including a Sunken Road or Hill Depression; B4.2 and B19.5), or in a...
  15. Will Fleming

Mid-term storage of gaming stuff (6-8 months)

Just getting the hive mind to perhaps give me some insight. Basically, I am looking to do some traveling and would store my stuff maybe 6-8 months or perhaps a year. Storage that is climate controlled. Put foam into the boxes where stuff might shift around. Put some desiccant into each box or...
  16. Will Fleming

SV14 SSR4 question

At the end of this, it says: "AFVs are treated as if in Concealment Terrain due to the +1 LV Hinderance." That seems strange. AFV's are always in concealment terrain? Should it be 'treated as concealment terrain' instead? Do they mean for example an AFV in otherwise OG would keep...
  17. Will Fleming

Gun IF in Final Fire after being marked with "First Fire"

AA8.4 FINAL FIRE: That portion of Defensive Fire which occurs during the DFPh is called Final Fire. During Final Fire any of the DEFENDER's units/weapons that are not marked with a First, Final, Intensive, or No Fire counter may fire. Any such units/weapons that are marked with a First Fire...
  18. Will Fleming

FT269 SSR

Says that British units cannot voluntarily move until some condition is met. Can they "advance" voluntarily?
  19. Will Fleming

Residual FP vs partially armored vehicle

It looks like it has to be from a specific direction to affect the vehicle (as per a firelane possibly)? 'Normal' residual FP does not affect the crew or the partially armored vehicle? Partially Armored Vehicle (This unit is treated as an armored target unless specifically attacked through a...
  20. Will Fleming

Searching in VotG and casualties due to Booby Traps

The wording of this SSR is strange to me and makes me think booby traps do not cause casualty rolls in VotG. Am I reading that correctly? VotG15 BOOBY TRAPS: Russians always have a Level C Booby Trap capability (B28.9) [EXC: in. the CG they may increase it to Level A or B by CPP expenditure]...