Search results

1. B

ASL SCANDINAVIAN OPEN 2020 (February 26th - March 1st)

Completely agree. A good attacker can benefit way too much from the Bocage terrain.
  2. B

which was much appreciated We clarified the Tournament Special Rules as it related to "building hex" and "building location" control. If I am not mistaken (which I often am), by standard ASL Rules, the germans could win that scenario by rubbling a 1-hex stone building. So, driving a tank into...
  3. B

Scenario List for Human Wave 2020!

Where is Tysons corner ?
  4. B

Michal I am really happy to hear that it was such a positive experience for you. The ASL community at large is a positive and embracing group and I hope others who've read your story gets inspired to go to tournaments. In Copenhagen or elsewhere. I doubt they will be disappointed. Hope to see...
  5. B

Everybody wins at Scandinavian Open 2020 The results of Scandinavian Open 2020 are now finalized. All players who competed and completed the main tournament came away with at least one win. But only one came away with 5 – our winner Michael Hastrup-Leth. The new ASO crowd – Juan Santa Cruz, Jens...
  6. B

ASO 2020 is over and we have a new champion - Michael Hastrup-Leth won his first ever ASO tournament by defeating George T. Michael stepped into the tournament at the last minute to even up the numbers due to late cancellations and beat out the strong field. We had a lot of new first time...
  7. B

Michael and George are playing Bocage Blockage in the final game. Michael is defending with the germans as George presses in with halftracks and HMGs and a shitload of american firepower.
  8. B

To no avail and Show of force The ASO 2020 final will be Michael Hastrup-Leth and George T. The scenarios that have to choose from are Order 831, Badgers breath and Bocage Blockage. There has been more judgings this year than in past years. Some part of the responsibility falls on us as...
  9. B

3rd rounded ended a couple of hours ago. A couple of the front runners fell by the wayside. Rich Domovich failed in his attack as he tried to wreck the rentals. Toby Pilling and Jonathan Kay played the same scenario and it was a real nailbiter as Toby's attacking hoard overcame early hiccups for...
  10. B

As a new feature at ASO 2020 we have started tracking the results between the nationalities. The ASO participants have been split into 4 teams - Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the "International" team. The international teams consists of everybody not from Norway, Sweden and Denmark. We had planned...
  11. B

After 2 rounds played we are down to 11 undefeated players. Toby, RIch, Michael and Mr.T. handedly dealt with their opponents and rank as the 4 topseeded players remaining in the tournament. The Red Horse recon was a very popular scnario in the second round with a good split of wins and losses...
  12. B

The first round is completed and we're down to 19 undefeated players. There was a wide spread of scenarios played in the first round with one game of Messenger Boys going into the final minutes of the round. Top rated players like Toby and Rich came close to losing their first round game. Toby...
  13. B

The event is under way. We had about 10 players on wednesday and I think more than 20 for friendly gaming and a couple of Winter Offensive Bonus Pack mini tournaments. This extended format is working quite well for us. For the tournament we had some cancelations among registered players. I...
  14. B

Final website update prior to ASO 2020 Like Santa we have checked our list of registered players to see who's been naughty and who's been nice. Had to lower the number of expected participants a little bit. We also made the list of what ASL Stuff is required for ASO 2020, including secret round...
  15. B

Is it an actual ASL map - or the same kind of "city map" as we saw a few years ago ?
  16. B

I hope the Narva thing gets revived. The map is a thing of beauty. Someone should volunteer to create some kick ass scenarios for that map :-)
  17. B

Our Website has been updated Added scenarios for our 3 Mini tournaments "From the main tournament" "French in Focus" "All against one in DELUXE" Updated the registered players. Current count 54. Clarified the rules a little bit in a few areas. Including the use of the APCR ratings for seeding...
  18. B

I think about 7 nationalities outside of the Scandinavian countries. Not counting the multi-nationality players.
  19. B

Our Website has been updated Updated PBS for all scenarios in rounds 1-3 and 5 in the "ABS and Special Rules" section.