Search results

1. Pyth

Rain/Mist...

My KGP I is "unpunched" and .... I've yet to play a fog scenario so I'll have to take your word for it there... but the fog rules seem straight forward enough... it's hard to see so fix bayonets and driving at night use the lo-beams.
  2. Pyth

Rain/Mist...

No follow up is actually necessary, but why should that stop me....🙂 Its a little wiggly but if you read strictly -- nowhere do the rules say Rain itself is an LV hindrance... Rather, fog/mist/rain/snow are introduced in E3.1 as LV weather conditions -- and that is of course correct: all are...
  3. Pyth

Critical hit question next edition of did we do this right?

Along with the original 1,1 issue addressed above... I think you need to straighten out ; modified TH# vs. final TH roll. Curtis needed final TH roll half of the modified TH (I'll take Eagle's word for it that it is 8) ... but 1,1 isnt final roll. The final roll gets those DRM. You don't apply...
  4. Pyth

A SMC cannot carry his own LMG and his buddies LMG (2PP)...???

"The implication is that, if a SMC is carrying 1PP currently, he cannot add his "available second" PP to any SMC/MMC" There is no 'available second' PP. The second PP is the max a the leader can be <overloaded>. The leader can addhis PP capability to a unit he is stacked with. if he already...
  5. Pyth

Firing at an armored assault

I think "impulse rules" is exactly where confusion arises. Armored Assault isnt impulse movement... its so distinctly not impulse movement the RB goes to pains to give the rules for how Impulse Movr and AA may be used together, as Mr. T points out -- D 14.33 All the questions/musings that are...
  6. Pyth

You're right... he did ask!
  7. Pyth

I dont think the OP was unclear on that issue... the live part of question it seems to me is point 4, when The AFV expends MP to fire smoke... is the Armored Assaulting infantry vulnerable there...? in my opinion it is not. The infantry is vulnerable to all usual DFF and invulnerable to DFF...
  8. Pyth

Berserk charges AFV with IFE

Thanks for putting those EXCs in red.... I completely missed them... In my previous post the "tweak" I wanted to add was "EXC 7.353" -- 😳
  9. Pyth

Thanks for correction!.. 7.353 makes me want to go and tweak 7.352 so that it avoids encouraging the oversight I just committed.
  10. Pyth

I just noticed this, so correct me if I'm wrong please (as if that needed saying, lol)... but reading A7.352 I think it's worth pointing out... needing to be marked with prep or first fire isn't mentioned only that the gun be fired.... so keeping ROF or not is beside the point. The crew/hs/smc/...
  11. Pyth

If it's vehicular, then it's not infantry, SFF isnt available -- as there's no SFF to fire, the SFF range limitation is NA. Good to keep this in mind with half track passengers... they might be mmc firing inherent FP/SWs maybe with a leader directing fire, and their FP isnt halved for being...
  12. Pyth

CC vs vehical

Klas got there first. but anyway... "Need a new PAATC in the Prep Fire Phase" is the kind of mistake no one ever actually makes playing the game but are so easy to do when untangling rules on Games Squad. I think you are reading more into 'note b' than is there. Note b (in my opinion) is...
  13. Pyth

I edited my earlier post so that it doesn't suggest all IFE is vehicular. A Gun with IFE and manned by infantry can SFF/FPF.
  14. Pyth

If the IFE weapon is on a vehicle it can't SFF/FPF. A vehicle doesn't have SFF/FPF capability only infantry do. When the main armament of a vehicle has IFE you can think of the IFE as an option to use the MA like an MG MA: It has fp and uses the IFT and is subject to the limitations of MG MA...
  15. Pyth

Leaving gamesquad

I think Michael Dorosh undersells the Google site: search.... no "sometimes you get better..." i think its 100% better than GS search, certainly if you are looking for threads about specific rules. The Google site: search is like having GS comprehensively indexed.
  16. Pyth

Abandon Ship!

That's just my opinion... i can see how the vic condition could be read either way... and I dont recall how we played it when I played it a while ago. So, at any rate, hopefully someone else will back.me up on my interpreration.
  17. Pyth

Abandon Ship!

Both AFVs and infantry should get west, I say, based on opinion/my sense. That whole scenario is about getting past the roadblock... also. I love that scenario, enjoy. A balanced nightmare for both sides imo. Also I think it's called "Abandon Ship!" if I recall correctly.
  18. Pyth

Do Conscripts cower with leader direction?

Discord and Game Squad have different strengths. For rules, Game Squad is a searchable ASL database going back 15+ years.... Discord offers NOTHING comparable. Many, and I mean many of JRVs rules posts here were not posts in the ordinary sense but carefully composed, custom made, player-aids...
  19. Pyth

A10.531 and the case of the mysterious House Rule

Thanks Klas, the errata seems to help...but it doesnt really solve what I see as the critical issue which is concealment loss/gain being tied to a "hypothetical DFF opportunity." (It should, imo, be tied to a LOS check that assumes direct fire and 16 hex normal range -- isnt that how the...
  20. Pyth

A10.531 and the case of the mysterious House Rule

The following wonderfully clear text is snipped from a 2004 Ole Boe GS post: The part I emphasized in red is crucial to applying A10.531 correctly. And that red part could be said even more explicitly imo, something like "regardless of the individual characteristics of a unit's weapon or lack...