Search results

1. Martin Mayers

Rain/Mist...

The rules seem to explain the LV that apply for Rain/Heavy rain then go on to say "mist applies". I presume meaning that if it's misty AND raining, that both sets of LV apply in tandem ??
  2. Martin Mayers

"Friendly board edge"...

So, if I have a defender who sets up on a board and an attacker who enters on say H10 purely by way of an example. Does the entire board edge of H10 count as his friendly board edge or just the hex/area that the attacker entered on
  3. Martin Mayers

RE: Bounding Fire Blackpool - 18th-22nd Nov 2020 (CANCELLED - MOVED TO VASL)

Brilliant. Can you PM your email address please Chris just so I'm up to date? I'll add you to my 'list' for direct updates. M
  4. Martin Mayers

Sorry for delayed response Chris. Minis normally run on the Thursday. We may run something on the Wednesday also but if we're keeping things in line with what normally transpires live in Blackpool then Thursday only. However, for those who enter the main tournament, we also organise a 'mini'...
  5. Martin Mayers

Hi Chris. You wish to enter the Minis...sponsored by...YOU :):) Correct. Four players in a group. Random draw. Essentially a semi final then a final. One scenario in the morning one in the afternoon. Trust this helps. M
  6. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - November 2020

I, not the moderators, asked politely that you not rubbish Blackpool or our venue on a thread specifically aimed at promoting the tournament in Blackpool. I honestly didn't think I was asking too much.
  7. Martin Mayers

Or Jethro Tull... Or The Hollies (Graham Nash). :)
  8. Martin Mayers

Seeking future virtual, VASL tournaments

Hi John. I'll be posting later today about Bounding Fire Blackpool, which effectively now this year will be Bounding Fire Virtual :(
  9. Martin Mayers

Magnus, organise an ASL tournament. Call it Magnus-Fest or whatever. Then come back to me on this. And let me know whether your opinion has changed. I imagine you'd then understand why it is that five separate tournament organisers have reacted negatively to your input on their tournaments...
  10. Martin Mayers

Guys. I'm sorry to seem harsh. But could you please, please, PLEASE stop coming onto my threads with tournament updates to basically distribute negativity about Blackpool. It's funny to denigrate places such as Blackpool - but not on a thread when I'm trying to promote an ASL tournament which...
  11. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - 20th to 22nd November 2020

Hi mate. If we can't run it physically it's something I'd consider. My main issue with it is that I'm not sure it's compatible for overseas players as it would be impossible to get the winning prize to them in one piece and the time differences would be a nightmare I imagine. No? Last resort...
  12. Martin Mayers

Broken Ground Design Thread

Bizarre that a company in the business of printing this stuff for you would THEMSELVES not quality control their stuff before sending to you, immediately see there is a major issue, and come back to you confirming that there'll be a delay whilst they reprint. Sounds like they've tried it on a...
  13. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - 20th to 22nd November 2020

Good morning everyone. I hope you and all your family and friends remain well. A quick update on this year's tournament... Martin Vicca asked recently if the issue of local lockdowns puts the tournament this year in doubt. The only transparent way of answering this is to say that this...
  14. Martin Mayers

Murphy's Laws Of ASL Combat

Same chap who, in the Semi Final down at Intensive Fire four years back, needed to kill my Churchill to win the scenario....with an 88LL gun. Got 4 rounds off and secured hits with the last two... Both duds. PS: I have witnesses to all this ! :)
  15. Martin Mayers

Murphy's Laws Of ASL Combat

Played a three player scenario at the weekend and scored a 1KIA on a stack of leader, and two full squads. RS - 1 1 1 Opponent took it well. But I hurt for him
  16. Martin Mayers

Wild Bill Wilder passes

Agreed. Personally speaking I don't care about the inferior quality of his ASL material. I think, aside from Don Greenwood, John Hill and perhaps David Braben, that there is no-one who has entertained me in my life as much as Wild Bill (Steel Panthers). Rest in Peace. And, thank you very much...
  17. Martin Mayers

Top contributors to the world of ASL

Can you repost this when you're sober please ? :)
  18. Martin Mayers

Would you do it?

I'd get the dog, then the wife, then my ASL. In that order. The wife second so I can send her back inside, worried by me and the dog, to grab the ASL.
  19. Martin Mayers

Would you do it?

No. vASL downloads with all counters in usage and pretty much all the charts built in. You just need rules inc. Chapter H, and an opponent happy to share scenario cards with you.