Search results

1. SteffenK

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

In A89 First Day of Diadem, my British OBA saved the day after John Bock's Germans swarmed my Moroccan (Free French) hill. An enjoyable and knowledgable opponent, I look forward to my next match against John.
  2. SteffenK

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Steffen Knippel's results in the US/Canada Central/West division of VASLeague 2019: April 14, 2019 - Robert Oler's defending Germans defeated Knippel's attacking Russians (with balance) in The Cost of Non-Compliance (WO22); May 3, 2019 - Robert Zinselmeyer's defending Canadians defeated...
  3. SteffenK

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

My attacking Russians conceded to Eben Johnson's German/Rumanian defenders in 224 (aka A26) "Beachhead at Ozereyka Bay" in the bottom of the 8th inning. Fun scenario and opponent, but my Russians couldn't recover from losing 2 leaders and having the 3rd one wounded. Plus, I kept forgetting the...
  4. SteffenK

CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

Thanks again David. I can send you a photo of my 2004 G35. Come and get it, ASL-sorta-grandson. Here's my hope for the 25th anniversary of CASLO: back in Winnipeg, where it all began for CASLA and CASLO. I had the honour of getting to know Jim McLeod, if even only a little bit. Some of his...
  5. SteffenK

David, super well run! Thanks for pulling it off so seamlessly. This was a great experience, and low stress. Kudos! PS: I think Alain's first ASL game was against me. Does that make me your ASL step-grandfather or something?
  6. SteffenK

I printed the Scenario List the other day, and perhaps you've already corrected the typos. Cohort and the Phalanx is HG3 (not HG4). Grave Situation is DB121 (not DP121). Otherwise, I have no other criticisms at this juncture. Godspeed, Mr Garvin. I don't envy you. As noted elsewhere...
  7. SteffenK

Our TD mandated that we all use random.org for DR and dr, and the built-in LOS for its intended purpose, come hell or high water I presume. Love it.
  8. SteffenK

I haven't missed this in years! Can I take the train?
  9. SteffenK

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

I conceded to Larry in the top of the 6th, as his Russians had effectively counterattacked in the bottom of the 5th. This is a fun Evan Sherry design with high replayability. Mr Rohlfing also has high replayability - a fun and knowledgable opponent, I look forward to our next match.
  10. SteffenK

Motorcycles

Ah, but that same leaderless squad (even a Russian conscript) has enough initiative to split up so a half-squad can: (a) guard prisoners; or (b) get into an empty enemy vehicle. Trying to start a few abandoned motorcycles doesn't seem that challenging, but I accept (almost) that the rules...
  11. SteffenK

Motorcycles

That's okay. You left tons of motorcycles in your backfield, and there are horses wandering around everywhere. I'll have my guys do more looking around...
  12. SteffenK

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Lawrence Rohlfing's Russians will defend against Steffen Knippel's Hungarians in Galician Persuasion (SP231). This, in the US/Canada West league.
  13. SteffenK

John Lehman's Americans conceded in the top of the 6th inning, as it became evident that he probably couldn't claim more than 2 VP buildings. Fun scenario with lots of replayability. And I always enjoy playing John - a gentleman.
  14. SteffenK

John Lehman's Americans will be attacking Steffen Knippel's Germans in AP100 - Coal in their Stockings.
  15. SteffenK

Thanks Enrico, for everything you do.
  16. SteffenK

CyberVASL XI

Steffen Knippel's Americans finally had to admit defeat against Lionel Colin's Germans in J193 (Raff's Rules). It's a fun tourney-sized scenario with lots of replayability. Lionel was a gentleman and a challenging opponent. I'm working on both.
  17. SteffenK

Haasl's Soviets weren't just lucky, Dr Dave played them well. Good defence, no mistakes, no missed shots. Okay, my dice weren't great. But I contributed to my own defeat by overplaying my Panthers without infantry support. And running people around in open ground - let's not forget that. Dr...
  18. SteffenK

Perhaps within the same building.
  19. SteffenK

My SS (I'm using the blue counters) are attacking David Haasl's Russians in AP131 (Crickets in Spring). I'm still setting up. Can infantry or sN8 place smoke on a paved road when there's wet mud everywhere else?
  20. SteffenK

CyberVASL XI

Rob MacGinley and I have agreed to play FrF98 (Amerikanskaya Suka). I'll have the Germans. I have yet to set up, because I'm slow (and travelling for work). When is the deadline again?