Search results

1. pj norton

V9 JIG GREEN EAST: STORMING LE HAMEL

We played the whole Gold Beach scenario at Officefest decades ago and I drew Jig Green East. It was quite a fight and the Brits didn't do too bad if I remember corrrectly, I don't recall which side won(it doesn't matter.) I had a lot of fun as did the other 7 sectors. It was an amazing...
  2. pj norton

ASL never was developed, would you still be playing SL?

We ran out of scenarios to choose from pretty rapidly.
  3. pj norton

Would you do it?

😀Thanks just the same.
  4. pj norton

Would you do it?

My set is the travel set. I transport it three times a year when I host Museumfest and to ASLOK. My kit is available for the local gang to use at these events.
  5. pj norton

Would you do it?

I only started buying new versions when my old ones, that have served me well since 1986+, began looking very worn. I missed picking up RS but have BV, Yanks, AoO and CdG. During the quarantine I added/replaced at least 5000 new counters to my set. Those new counters look nice. Now I just...
  6. pj norton

King of the Monster Scenarios?

I played Beast at Bay decades ago. My partner was better than I, winning more often. He played the US and was doing pretty well, but then he committed his armor. As soon as there were multiple targets I started killing them and won by the CVP cap VC. We figured that if the US hid his armor...
  7. pj norton

This is on my "to play someday list."
  8. pj norton

I dug out my copy of Leatherneck after reading this...I have to play this!
  9. pj norton

We played Gold Beach 20 years ago at Officefest here in Detroit. It was a blast. 16 players faced off. I don't remember who won, guess it doesn't matter.
  10. pj norton

Let's see a picture of your bookcase

I can't attach a picture here.
  11. pj norton

PTO City Fight Scenarios?

Asia's Stalingrad from Into the Rubble 2.
  12. pj norton

Dien Bien Phu campaign game

Let us know here how your CG of this goes.
  13. pj norton

Great HASL map, nice geo-morph maps and overlays. The PAVN counters are kind of ugly but useable. The vehicles are cool too, many are identified by the names the crews gave them.
  14. pj norton

If I remember correctly there is a lot of trench line digging done by the PAVN to get up to the French positions.
  15. pj norton

Playtested all of the scenarios, but always wanted to do the campaign.
  16. pj norton

Double ASL'ers?

Had a deaf great aunt and drove for The Michigan School For The Deaf in Flint so I learned the alphabet and some complete signs. My girlfriend is a speech pathologist so she teaches me some more signs.
  17. pj norton

Menage a trois ASL, blind play, team play, etc.

At Officefest, Kurt Martin refereed a six player game of The Grain Elevator. Three players per side, each player had a position to defend/attack. Co-belligerents were not allowed to communicate with each other, if you did, Kurt made a sniper check. If you touched a game piece and didn't...
  18. pj norton

DN2: Chasseurs at Yvoir

Sorry, didn't see this post until today. I'm trying to load my VASL correctly with some help. I'll let you know when I'm ready.
  19. pj norton

DN2: Chasseurs at Yvoir

This scenario piqued my interest out of the box as well. My partner and I started it on VASL. I was the Allies. He had a tough time getting the jist of it as the Germans. He lost interest and we've not finished it. I thought it was obvious that the ACs either parked right on the bridge, or...
  20. pj norton

Funnel of Death OB.

Is it just a typo that the only difference between v1 and v2 is one less Marder in the German OB?