Search results

1. Cpl Uhl

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Figuring out the LOS alone makes this an advanced scenario.
  2. Cpl Uhl

Played this too as IJA. Sent all but one leader and two squads (HIP on bd36 to grab vc hexes there at end game) against hill on bd37. Lost my two -1 leaders almost immediately as well as the support fire they were dircting. Assault force did ok, but with inneffective supporting fire ended up...
  3. Cpl Uhl

Use the IIFT and you can get to 3 FP in a jiffy!
  4. Cpl Uhl

Crete

Played that one and lost when a German sniper took out my HS guarding a gazillion prisoners, who of course rearmed to take back the village. Great fun.
  5. Cpl Uhl

Quite different from my recent Thai Hot experience, as the Thais. Only killed 1 HS during the landing, couldn't pass an MC, and my opponent did an excellent job of shifting around to exploit openings. Over on T3. Fun though, would play again.
  6. Cpl Uhl

Why I Love ASL: An Anecdote

Great story though...
  7. Cpl Uhl

Crete

By the way, if you like reading about the Crete campaign, try Ten Days to Destiny by G.C. Kiriakopoulus.
  8. Cpl Uhl

Crete

Loved your Merkur map and especially playing the Op Merkur Tavronitis Bridge scenario in Crete the evening after visiting the real location. You captured the terrain well. Those reed beds are incredible!
  9. Cpl Uhl

G27 VAAGSO VENTURE

Although ascerbic, Bruce's thinking is very clear. No overlays = no effect on hexsides.
  10. Cpl Uhl

G27 VAAGSO VENTURE

If I'm playing the Brits, than damn straight it is worth a rules question! Given that Magnus lost by quite a bit as the Brits with the hedges/walls, I would tend to lobby for including them.
  11. Cpl Uhl

Why is it that a CX unit cannot interdict? It is not a LOS Hinderance?

It's all about Open Ground isn't it? Any +1DRM, no "OG", no Interdiction.
  12. Cpl Uhl

Abandon tank sleaze and "immobility"

Well a Ritterkreuz for even thinking about doing that!!
  13. Cpl Uhl

Acquired Targets

Your situation Joe was different from the original one in that you have multiple units, hence the acquisition owner has a choice.
  14. Cpl Uhl

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Ok, not simple! Thanks for putting the thought into it...but please don't lose the will to live over this!
  15. Cpl Uhl

Dien Bien Phu campaign game

Always intrigued, but every time I start looking at the PL rules, the air goes out of the balloon of enthusiasm. This gets worse as the years go by and good CGs get published by MMP, FT, LC, etc with very workable CG rules. That just makes PL look that much less worth the effort. I'd love it if...
  16. Cpl Uhl

Roadblocks - is this legal?

Bummer! Thought I had found a way to overcome the unrealistic limitations on roadblock placement. But thanks.
  17. Cpl Uhl

Roadblocks - is this legal?

The B29 rules would seem to allow the setup used in the first two images (the 2nd is the same just using vasl overlays for clarity) for those situations where you can't find the "classic" one hexside roadblock depicted in the 3rd image. True or False? (of course you have to have two...
  18. Cpl Uhl

G27 VAAGSO VENTURE

Thanks for this. Been on my wanna play list for years.
  19. Cpl Uhl

This is a Public Service announcement from the Human Waves/Banzais May Be Harmful to Your Health Committee.
  20. Cpl Uhl

Silly After Action Report - Cibik's Ridge

Love this scenario. A PTO classic IMHO.