Search results

1. M

New scenario posted in download section - The Battle of Waterloo

Another unusual one, a tactical version of the Battle of Waterloo, using the XIXth century modified database to allow for ranged artillery and musketry fire (just unzip the Battle of Waterloo 2 zip into your graphics folder, it won't affect your other scenarios). Twenty half hour turns, PO for...
  2. M

World War One - new scenario

Not yet posted on any sites, including this one, as I'd appreciate any comments from Forum regulars, having learned my lesson about rushing into these things. Playtested against Jason ('Raver') and vastly improved as a result, so should be bug-free and reasonably balanced. World War One in...
  3. M

English Civil War 1642-6 scenario added to download section

Probably of very limited appeal, but a conflict that's always interested me. Army/corps level, one month turns, England, Scotland and Ireland in the seventeenth century, some theatre options and revolts, weather effects, etc, to make it interesting. PO for both sides, and it has been...
  4. M

Armageddon 2015

Started another game against Thierry, using the latest patch: the maps show the position on turn ten, i.e. five weeks after the Russian, Ukrainian and Belorussian forces converted their large-scale exercises into an all-out invasion of Europe, and the Arab League joined in with an offensive...
  5. M

Russian Civil War playtest

There isn't a comprehensive scenario covering this quite complicated war: I'm working on a corps/division scale version in two week turns covering from the start of 1919 to mid-1921. This includes the period from the consolidation of the White and Nationalist counter-revolutionary forces and...
  6. M

Armageddon 2015

Started a new game with Martin McMurray, with him taking NATO and Israel. These are some screenshots from turn 6, the third week of the Russian and Arab attack. On the all-important Central Front Russian, Belorussian and Ukrainian forces have overrun the Baltic States and Poland, and...
  7. M

Armageddon 2015 - playtest screenshots

Not really an AAR as such, but some shots from turn 4 of my playtest with Bob of 'Armageddon 2015'. Pretty self-explanatory, but the Central Front shows Belorussian, Ukrainian and Russian forces advancing across Poland towards Germany; the Balkans shows the same forces moving to relieve the...
  8. M

Armageddon 2015

For those of you who enjoy ultra-modern scenarios I've updated Patrick Feyret's excellent Armageddon 2000, as there have been a lot of changes since then. I have tried to contact him to get his blessing but no joy so Patrick, if you're reading this, do think of it as a tribute. I've called it...
  9. M

Minor changes

Moved the Baltic States 'capital' to Riga (SP, triggers surrender), more for Eastern Crusade games than anything. Reduced automatic rail repair drastically, which will make a difference to 'Barbarossa', or at least force the Axis to commit rail repair and engineers to opening the lines...
  10. M

March 1945

Last call for submarine U-257 leaving from Hamburg for Argentina.
  11. M

November 1944

A thumbnail, which is what I'm clinging on by.
  12. M

September 1944

Couple of maps to show the development, hahaha 'deterioration', of my game against Jason. In only two-and-half months the Western Allies have driven from the Spanish border almost to the Rhine/Alps. There are isolated garrisons in a few of the French ports, but basically nothing west of...
  13. M

July 1944

Just a couple of thumbnails to illustrate that the scenario can still be challenging even if the Axis don't take Moscow in Autumn 1941. This one's got to July 1944 and still has plenty of play in it. The Axis failed to knock out the USSR in 1941 and has been on the strategic defensive ever...
  14. M

Changing the Guard

After seven years of working on this scenario I feel that I've contributed about as much as I can to its development, and that with the arrival of TOAW III it is an appropriate time to hand over the reins. :cry: I'm pleased to say that Veers (Wyatt) and Mantis (Shane), who have both been...
  15. M

If I only had time...

EA's been evolving - some might prefer 'mutating' - since around 2000, with frequent changes to the OOB, map, and Event structure. It's gratifying that some players are still bothering to suggest improvements, and it looks from the various scenario depots that the game is still getting a...
  16. M

Oh hell, Spanish withdrawal bug still there!!!

I'm playing a game of EA with Veers, TOAW III version (b) and, with the capture of Warsaw and Poland's subsequent surrender, THE ENTIRE SPANISH OOB HAS WITHDRAWN. (Turn 8) Someone reported this some time ago and I'm afraid that I pooh-hooed it. I swear that I ran at least a dozen checks...
  17. M

USSR railways

I've been reading more about the war on the Eastern Front, and looking at the maps, and I don't think that the current configuration of the Soviet railway system is very accurate. (Do I hear the witty riposte "Like the rest of the scenario"?) If anyone would like to take a look at this...
  18. M

Great War - probably our fault, but...

I've got to turn 172 with Bobby from New York, very balanced and interesting game, and the News String 'Increased desertion in Russian Army' has had the grisly effect of making the entire British Army withdraw. :cry: I say it's (probably) our fault, as we migrated the CoW scenario that we'd...
  19. M

Eastern Crusade Soviets

Another thing that I've realised is that in an Eastern Crusade game the Axis can choose the Pre-War builds and the Soviets will be no different than normal (since their '1930s' extra forces are triggered by the Axis P-WBs TO). The original intention was that the Red Army be stronger in the...
  20. M

Baltic States - improvement?

At present the Baltic States armies are never deployed on the map, unless playing an Eastern Crusade game. In fact they were not inconsiderable, but after the Fall of France Stalin was able to pressure the Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian governments to allow the 'peaceful*' occupation of all...