Search results

1. macrobo

Where oh Where are the scenarios with a dozen plus PzII's

Hi All (and in particular Paul) The unsung hero of the battle of France! THE PANZER II (OFTEN AN "F" MODEL) was stated in a magazine article the other day yet this is not the ASL experience - this comment was stimulated by my getting the new French module and in particular the river crossing...
  2. macrobo

Question of Leader on Top for Fire resolution

Hi All I believe but again struggling to find the rule - that when a stack resolves a random selection - the leader should be placed on top for that roll - am I imagining such a rule? - is it an old rule that was removed? Thank you for your help in advance Cheers Rob :)
  3. macrobo

A9.8 - assembly of sw - cant find that this is right - likely I have done it wrong for 20+ years

Hi All My esteemed opponent did something that launched me into an hour long search to no avail across the tomb and Q and A collection (plus digging out a few journal debriefs since they are now in PDF) US squad in dfire phase assembles the MMG as one action but then fires inherent at a target...
  4. macrobo

Lost a small Rule - legality of a bypass of a hex based on the width of the bypass point

Hi All Rules Gurus I have have dug and dug and seem to be unable to quote to an esteemed opponent the legality of bypass rule where hex 19Q1 (when its a board edge) does not allow enough distance to bypass and avoid a shot from 19Q2 - I thought it was the width of a standard counter but alas I...
  5. macrobo

Gully Shell hole hex in Red Barricades

Dear Rules Guru's There are lots of Combo "gully- shell hole" hexes in the famous RB If I advance into or am into one when there is a enemy unit adjacent - do I loose concealment if I pay the shell hole cost - is is it OG or terrain ? My opponents argument is that the shell holes are not in...
  6. macrobo

So Many Rooms on VASL!!! - server struggling

Hi All The COVID 19 now strikes - VASL!! Cant keep my room working with 15-20 other rooms working!!!! Thought it was just Toilet paper Rob
  7. macrobo

Mark's Latest Funny Comment!! on CH

Hi All I just busted my sides laughing at this one :love: Mark Ps extensive reviews on Desperation Morale are always GEMs as usual but there is always a great quote in the set - but there are always lots and lots of contenders for that best side-splitting quote 🤩 "though it is no easy chore...
  8. macrobo

Modified Th for CH for Infantry Target

Hi All Sry to remain dense to the rules - Just never get this straight Does a PzIIIL TH at Russian crew ATG in stone building - rolls a 3 - Basic Th is an 8 at 6 hexes - Modified TH is (gun and ammo) BU +1 - double acquired -2 - but in stone + - is it left out of the CH calculation or is it...
  9. macrobo

The Final Two Arab – Israeli War Packs – Lebanon 82 and Fort Lahtzanit

There has been a bit of interest in Arab Israeli stuff so I thought I would complete my detailed RVS of this area to help those who need to know – please if you wish to bag CH – get your own thread Lebanon 82 Consists of 10 pages of Historical blurb and detailed run thru combatants, vehicle...
  10. macrobo

CH Annual 5- A pocket full of goodies – Detailed RV

Hi All – Just getting some time to do these RVs again and a good place to start is something new Again – if you want to bag CH – please “get your own thread!” not mine Big Picture :) CH Annual 5 is divided into Magazine (General articles, Linked Articles for the Scenarios within (25...
  11. macrobo

CH Annual 5- A pocket full of goodies – Detailed RV

Please see CH Thread if you are interested in details http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/ch-annual-5-a-pocket-full-of-goodies-%E2%80%93-detailed-rv.155498/#post-2002219
  12. macrobo

Firing out of hex with an enemy Vehicle in the hex - are they in embrace or is it legal - rules Q

Hi All As I loose to the fantastic rolls of my esteemed opponent Duncan I AM playing a nice one from the AP series - AP131 and he moves a T34/85 up the road (valley of death carrying his wonderful 628 on board He then stops in my hex wit the very petrified German Half Track:eek: and targets a...
  13. macrobo

AP128 - Flight of Fancy - is there a trick or is it permanently Broken?

Hi all After the fantastic youtube of Dave Ramsey and Martin I dived into AP13 and one of their top recommends was this flight pf fancy The appeal was the fact that reos enter broken (a new idea) and the new river board in play Duncan and I launced into it but it seems a problem for British...
  14. macrobo

D7.2 - Reaction fire effect

Hi All Brain Freeze - D7.2 last line suggests Reaction fire occurs after OVR result "Reaction Fire vs an OVRing vehicle is resolved immediately after the resolution of that OVR." So my little Bren Carrier rolls snake eyes and vaporises a enemy squad in an gully hex and he rolls a stun in CC...
  15. macrobo

Sry to Ask - but can a Vehicle setup at game start in a Stone Building?

Hi All We are playing DftB117 and my esteemed opponent has setup both T34s in the stone buildings - Making TH an extra +3 and occupation help VCs :) Never see the tactic before so.. The rule 23.423 GUNS: No weapon depicted on a ⅝” counter may occupy an upper level of a building [EXC: Mortars...
  16. macrobo

New CH Product RV = RV of Battle of Kursk – Thunder at Melikhovo

RV of Battle of Kursk – Thunder at Melikhovo Battle for the Second Defensive Belt by the 4th and 12th Panzer Divisions For hose who Love Kursk – Here is a devoted module at a particular part of this larger battle Again I tried I phone pic but the would not load as too big as IMGs so I will try...
  17. macrobo

CC a Vehicle that is adjacent to a bunker hex

Hi All I cant see the rule that stop this so after some advice but maybe its legal I have a Mk4 adjacent to a Bunker - in the rear so not exposed to fire In CC He advanced out of bunker to adjacent hex and the CCd me - I thought if I was in the hex I would be vulnerable but adjacent is that...
  18. macrobo

A RV of March Madness Pack - Close Combat

RV of March Madness Pack Close Combat – a series of very short games where your encouraged (by giving you HtH rules) to get in close and take the VCs by guts alone! MM52 – a small Stalingrad game in Nov 42 using Bd 22 (light city) and 40 (River) over 4.5 turns with ground snow – 12 German...
  19. macrobo

BLOODY BUNA - Latest CH Pack - Nice to have this

Hi All As usual, may I ask those with CH issues to leave without a message of negativity I have a particular interest in Buna - This is an early part (after the Milne Bay success) of the one half of operation Cartwheel - what happened in the pacific when Stalingrad was ablaze!! - The One arm...
  20. macrobo

Help With Finding Old Articles on Red Barricades playing and Tactics - Please list

Hi All Head into playing all of Red Factories - will decide CGs after scenarios - I was after a list of all the Red Barricades tactics articles from the different journals, articles and TPP mags etc if you remember any Thanks in advance Cheers Rob :)