Search results

1. Evan Sherry

2020 Page A54

The picture of the British 6-4-8 that was originally on page A54 in rule A25.42 Airborne has now shifted to A25.43 Gurkha. It initially confused me, but I quickly determined it was a simple error on the updated page A54. I was somewhat taken aback for such an error to appear in the ASLRB at this...
  2. Evan Sherry

What is Your ASL Budget for 2020?

I just got my copy of Croix de Guerre (I ordered three if them). It is very nice and I like it a lot despite the 46 Opel Blitz trucks. Given the current price of official and independently published ASL related material, what do you expect to spend on ASL related game components in 2020? By...
  3. Evan Sherry

I Now Have Enough Opel Blitz Trucks

Several years ago I had a scenario idea that would need 46 Opel Blitz trucks. Now, with the arrival of Croix de Guerre, I can finally finish this scenario design.
  4. Evan Sherry

Are You Going to Play a Korean War Scenario at ASLOK 2019?

Hi ASLers, MMP released The Forgotten War about two years ago. If you have not played a Korean War scenario, its about time you did. Korea definitely has a different feel than World War Two. The North Koreans and the Communist Chinese both have their unique idiosyncrasies that will challenge...
  5. Evan Sherry

Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

Available Now! Rally Point Volume 17: Special Study II of the Korean War is a set of 10 all new scenarios that are set in the 1950-1951 period of the Korean War. Each scenario was handmade and play-tested to the high standard players expect from the Tampa ASL Group’s fine craftsmen and is...
  6. Evan Sherry

The Tampa ASL Group Has Lost Dave "Mountain Man" Brown

I got a call Saturday morning from Dave Brown's daughter who informed me that he passed away on Friday, 8/23/19. He died of a heart attack. He was 72. Dave has been an important part of the Tampa ASL Group since 1997. Dave was always ready to play ASL and could always be depended upon to...
  7. Evan Sherry

How will the Croix de Guerre reprint treat the Free French?

How will Croix de Guerre reprint treat the Free French? Will it redo the French rules to include the KW OUNC counters to represent them?
  8. Evan Sherry

Starter Kit #4 Counter Mix

I received my copies of Starter Kit #4. I like it. I could not help but notice the strange counter mix. After all of the hoopla about introducing the Japanese, there is a surprisingly small amount of them. There are only three 4-4-8s and only one of each type of Japanese leader. Strangely, there...
  9. Evan Sherry

Croix de Guerre and Hollow Legions question

When did Croix de Guerre and Hollow Legions go out of print?
  10. Evan Sherry

Rally Point Voume #16: A World at War 1937-1945 is now available

Below is a listing of the scenarios for Rally Point Volume 16: A World at War 1937-1945. Currently all issues of Rally Point and Schwerpunkt are available, although some of our older volumes are in low stock. An order form is included at the bottom. Available Now! Rally Point Volume 16: A...
  11. Evan Sherry

Are you sick of Korea already?

Do you want more Korean War scenarios, or are you sick of Korea already?
  12. Evan Sherry

Rally Point #15: Special Study I of the Korean War is now available

Below is a list of the scenarios for Rally Point Volume 15: Special Study I of the Korean War. Currently all issues of Rally Point and Schwerpunkt are available, although some of our older volumes are in low stock. An order form is included at the bottom. Available Now! Rally Point Volume...
  13. Evan Sherry

Raise your hand if you have not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module

Who has not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module? If so why not?
  14. Evan Sherry

Yanks and Forgotten War are the Only Modules in Print or Pappy Van Winkle is Easier to Get than ASL

I don't mean to make with the negative waves, but for crying out loud, the only core modules in print for this hobby are Yanks and Forgotten War. Even if you bought them, you would have no information counters to start playing with. I'm glad I'm not trying to get into the hobby because I'd...
  15. Evan Sherry

W10 Searchlights - The Schwerpunkt Pledge

After having read W10 Searchlights, I must go on record now. I solemnly promise (on the sacred memory of Gregory Peck) to all ASLers everywhere to never (ever) include a searchlight in any Schwerpunkt or Rally Point scenario.
  16. Evan Sherry

Boards 58 and 78 - Remarkably Similar, Yet Totally Different?

I'm sitting here at Tampa ASL Group HQ designing another gem of a scenario and again made an observation I made a while back. Mind ye, I am not complaining, but boards 58 and 78 are so daggone similar that even I (an experienced scenario designer) can barely tell them apart at first glance. The...
  17. Evan Sherry

Winter Offensive 2018 Bonus Pack

Will there be a Winter Offensive bonus pack in 2018?
  18. Evan Sherry

Schwerpunkt #23 and Rally Point #14 are Available Now!

The Tampa ASL Group has finally released Schwerpunkt Volume #23 and Rally Point 14 (The 1940 Campaign in the West). Both are available by mail order now. Currently all 23 issues of Schwerpunkt and 14 issues of Rally Point are available, although some of our older volumes are in low stock. An...
  19. Evan Sherry

The ASL Light Bulb is Getting Brighter

I liken the current state of the hobby to that of a light bulb getting ready to burn out. Yes, there has been a sort of golden age for the last few years. MMP and others have made quite a few new products. But on the other hand, some are now out of the hobby and not likely to return. HOB is...
  20. Evan Sherry

ASL in the Desert: the West of Alamein replacement product

I have been following the modern ASL thread and it struck me that desert ASL is the most under-represented feature of ASL. Soon, there will exist three official products that cover Stalingrad. At that point I will have reached complete Stalingrad saturation. But where is a replacement for West...