Search results

1. MajorDad

Leaving gamesquad

Because the King is mad at Andy and does not want people to ask why Andy left. The King practices different types of censorship.
  2. MajorDad

Leaving gamesquad

I believe a moderator needs to remove this post for cursing. No cursing is the kings rule.
  3. MajorDad

LFT shipping problems

Xavier, I am truly sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend. S/F Keith
  4. MajorDad

Winter Offensive Accommodations

Does anyone know if there is a special room rate at the Comfort Inn for Winter Offensive? If so, what is the code? Thanks Keith
  5. MajorDad

Anyone know good RUSSIAN films on WW2 that have at least some semblance of reality :P

Paul Fully agree about the tanks. Being a combat engineer I have to shake my head at the "atomic" hand grenades or over done explosions. Normal explosions are good enough for me. One of my favorite WTF is soldiers holding the barrels of their weapons right after a fire fight. Nothing like...
  6. MajorDad

Anyone know good RUSSIAN films on WW2 that have at least some semblance of reality :P

Not sure what it meant by reality. Movies centered on the Western Front all had issues in one form or another. Most were made for "entertainment" not to be a documentary. While some fell flat in the story department almost all failed one way or another in the realism of combat. Not until...
  7. MajorDad

AAR - Red Factories

Hi Gary, Well we differ in that I don't replay many scenarios. There are so many out there now that after I have tried the tactical problem I don't want to use any more of my limited time playing it again. Of course there are exceptions like scenarios with variable OBs and such. I tried to...
  8. MajorDad

AAR - Red Factories

Hi Gary, It is good hearing from you. No I am not surprised on missing something; I do it all of the time.LOL . But I believe that if there is only one obscure (hidden / secret ) thing that HAS to be done in order to win, then the scenario is broken or very unbalanced. I understand that...
  9. MajorDad

AAR - Red Factories

I fully admit that my game can always improve. In fact RO4 I felt I could have done better. But after playing hundreds of scenarios and playing against an opponent that had played over a thousand himself and designed numerous scenarios and modules, I believe it is safe to say it was not a...
  10. MajorDad

AAR - Red Factories

In memory of my brother, who loved playing Stalingrad scenarios, my regular OpFor Andy Hershey and I decided to play all of the new Red Factory scenarios over the long weekend. (I took Friday off to make it a very long weekend with Presidents Day). We skipped RO5 “Men of Steel” due to its size...
  11. MajorDad

Forgotten War Korea Plano Template

The CCU was stood back up at Hanson in 2000. I sent a couple of my Marines there is 2001-2002. It did wonders for them. In fact, the number of Office Hours I had to do dropped when the word got out the CCU was an option. No idea if it still is operational. Life was sure different on the edge...
  12. MajorDad

We Have Lost Another One

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers. It is greatly appreciated. I wish everyone a great 2019. May you play a lot of games and roll low in the coming new year. Keith
  13. MajorDad

We Have Lost Another One

I waited until after Christmas, but it is with deep sadness to announce that my brother Derek Spurlock has passed away after a prolonged illness. He was a member as dspurlock here on GS. He was the man behind the scenes on a lot of ASL projects with numerous producers to include HOB and MMP...
  14. MajorDad

Cover Your Mines and Wire! Um... about that....

By doctrine obstacles (wire, mines, AT ditches) have four intents; Disrupt, Delay, Turn or Block. They ae determined by the density and shape of the obstacle. All must be covered my fire (either direct or indirect) to be effective and meet the intent. Obstacles do not take the place of troops...