Search results

1. Augie

Updated ASL Armory

I, for one, find it very useful. But also, I know such projects can be time consuming. It is the cherry on top, and if you decide not to do it, I will still be grateful for the armory that you provide.
  2. Augie

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Mike Augustine results for 2019 Top League -- Record 2-2 52 Mar 31, 2019 Amerikanskaya Suka FrF98 Russian - attacker Won Nogueira, Carl (played German-defender) n/a 53 May 21, 2019 Propitious Arrival SP254 German - defender Won Boudrenghien, Francois (played French-attacker) n/a 54...
  3. Augie

APCR (ASL Player Comparative Ratings)

My quick thoughts: Player ratings for Non-Tournament games contributes to weird, undesirable, competitive behavior - some of which has been noted here. There is also other 'weird behaviors' that have not been stated that I have seen or heard. APCR should only be used for Tourneys. I...
  4. Augie

Sad and angry About VASL 6.5.0

I suggest "Axis/CPVA/KPA OB", which would also couple better with "Allies/UN OB". Also, if one feels the CPVA rules are cumbersome, I suggest picking up "Rally Point 17 - Special Study II of the Korean War". It has the "CPVA Guide: Organized by Sequence of Play", which can come in very handy.
  5. Augie

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

VASL Problem Boards m and n: When selecting "PTO light jungle", the grain/kunai as well as the orchard/palm trees disappear
  6. Augie

AAR - Meatchoppers With Knives - RPT167

Great and fun AAR. However, Walt should have dug a little deeper in the rules, and the bayonet charge should have gone forward. Per W.6A and W5.2, French leaders are exempt from Bayonet Charge NTC.
  7. Augie

Twin Cities ASL 2/8/20-- VALENTINE'S DAY

Double spoiler - I already got a meaty 99th scenario designed - destined for a future Rally Point.
  8. Augie

Twin Cities ASL 2/8/20-- VALENTINE'S DAY

Spoiler alert - There should be a scenario with Valentines in the next Rally Point release. Also a scenario featuring the Minnesota National Guard (the 34th Division) will be in it as well.
  9. Augie

Missing Counter Series: the Blacker Bombard

If they wanted to use terminology of the era, the reverse should have FUBAR
  10. Augie

Brevity Assault pack available for pre-orders!

Note on the Advance Fire website for Biazza Ridge - the 45th Division is known as the Thunderbird Division (not the Thunderbolts).
  11. Augie

Should IPM be used for early World War II Soviet scenarios?

Take a look at the KGS human wave modified rules. it does encourage human waves without being overly complicated
  12. Augie

Our designs and playtesting for Rally Point 17 has the correct number of CPVA leaders per chapter H (i.e not the inflated number in many FW scenario), and IPM works fine. However KGS has a modified HW rule that maybe more appropriate
  13. Augie

the leader doesn't have to participate in the IPM. So there are smart ways to keep the leader safe , and even catch up to the IPM group so he can send them off on another IPM next turn
  14. Augie

Banzai 24.2 is now available for free download

It's about time that Banzai!! have an article about the use of Banzai 😄
  15. Augie

The Irrigation Ditch Poll

This...A well crafted SSR should do just fine.
  16. Augie

Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

You and Michael R. are correct. My only other add is that Rally Points tend to be theme based, while the (recent) Schwerpunkt editions are a mix of actions.
  17. Augie

The Tampa ASL Group Has Lost Dave "Mountain Man" Brown

I know Mountain Man Dave from the Tampa Bay ASL group, and played him dozens of times over the years. The news was sudden and unexpected. It is hard to say more than what Evan said. I can only add that he had a solid, practical character fitting his nickname. A small ASL tribute to him...
  18. Augie

CPVA: prefer shooting at first-line squads or at second-line squads?

Thanks for a serious answer to my somewhat tongue-in-cheek statement. Going back to the CPVA 6-2-7 vs 5-2-7 decision as targets, other aspects to consider is their short range, assault fire, and unique CPVA traits. Some key CPVA traits for this discussion are that (most) CPVA have to area fire...
  19. Augie

CPVA: prefer shooting at first-line squads or at second-line squads?

Now determine if it is better to fire at a German 548 or 467. Please show your mathematical work and backup ;)
  20. Augie

SP266 The Hohenstaufen Hootenanny - PzJg Tiger BMG

At that time period all Elephants/Ferdinands had BMG. It was playtested with all have BMG, although the counter mix only has 2 with BMG. Hence the ssr that all have bmg